Street light saga (continued)

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Street light saga (continued)

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 13th, 2017, 1:16 am

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:Update: Couldn't be bothered sorting out anything so the IT department at university are recycling the machines :yep:

Should've given them to me. :doh2:

They wouldn't let me have such items though, because if something was to happen to them, they (the university) would be responsible! So, for example, if I got an electric shock from the case of the computer (because it wasn't earthed very well, or a fault occurred whereby the earth wires became live), then DMU would be responsible for the incident.

However, I have been told that all IT equipment that is recycled, gets picked up by a company who then sell the items from there. So hopefully, they won't end up going in the bin :D

Anyway, what use would I have for a 10 year old Mac machine, and a 2005 spec XP machine that is less powerful than my Fujitsu Lifebook E8020 that I bought off eBay for £16.50?

A bit like the reason why I couldn't give you old street lights the council were replacing because they wouldn't let me have them, as apparently they would be liable if there was a fault with them! :doh2:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Street light saga (continued)

Postby spotify95 » August 13th, 2017, 1:47 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:Update: Couldn't be bothered sorting out anything so the IT department at university are recycling the machines :yep:

Should've given them to me. :doh2:

They wouldn't let me have such items though, because if something was to happen to them, they (the university) would be responsible! So, for example, if I got an electric shock from the case of the computer (because it wasn't earthed very well, or a fault occurred whereby the earth wires became live), then DMU would be responsible for the incident.

However, I have been told that all IT equipment that is recycled, gets picked up by a company who then sell the items from there. So hopefully, they won't end up going in the bin :D

Anyway, what use would I have for a 10 year old Mac machine, and a 2005 spec XP machine that is less powerful than my Fujitsu Lifebook E8020 that I bought off eBay for £16.50?

A bit like the reason why I couldn't give you old street lights the council were replacing because they wouldn't let me have them, as apparently they would be liable if there was a fault with them! :doh2:

Hopefully, we will be able to get the lights next time though, since they will just send them to a recycling center, whereas we will be able to use them as street lights, or sell them on ;)

This is why you never see that many street lights on eBay!

(Moved to a new topic as it was not related to the previous topic, and bumping of old threads is not recommended.)

Return to “Chat”