eBay "name and shame" thread

Got something to sell to us on eBay or Gumtree etc? Post about it here. :H
User avatar
pinkteddyx64
Co-founder
Posts: 281082
Joined: 12 Feb 2014, 22:09
Reputation: 456
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: Ebay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » 10 Apr 2019, 20:55

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Here we go again, another special buyer that is worthy of a mention!

This time, it's:

nique1971-8

Reason: buying a portable wind up/solar radio from me (tested and in good working order) and then to leave a neutral feedback saying that "the winder/spring coil are quite knackered".
Unless the winder was damaged in the shipping, then this is not possibly true as I tested it beforehand?!

If there was a problem with your purchase then you could have contacted me via message and I could have tried to help you out?

At least they haven't left a negative, nor have they dinged my star ratings.

But they have earnt something - a ban from purchasing from me again!
Maybe next time you should try resolving any problems with your seller BEFORE leaving feedback!


If they had dinged your star rating, would you have considered doxing them? :sly:


This is not the place for doxing anyone :p If we're to try and warn anyone about potential buyers/sellers to avoid, doxing isn't the way to go about things :nah:

Or, if you had the powers to, would you ban their eBay account or restrict their privileges?


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
User avatar
spotify95
Co-founder
Posts: 5454
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 180
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » 22 May 2019, 21:45

Here's another gem of a buyer...

The person in question is:

sonierde-0

Reason: opening up an "item not received" case (delivery HAD been attempted, see below) and then posting this:

"Hi just want to let u know that item not arrived. All I've got today is a card from post today is a card saying I have to pay £3 for a item waiting for me to pick up. Only item I am waiting for is from yourself. I should have received item yesterday.. If it is <redacted> then I'm not happy that I have not received yet plus I have to go pay an extra £3 on top as its supposed to be free delivery. I'm disappointed. I want to know what u can do about this please. I want item but don't see why I should pay £3 towards postage"

You paid £1.99 for the item including postage - yet you have the cheek to demand an additional £3 for covering Royal Mail's slip-ups?!

I checked the dimensions when I posted the item and they were within the postal requirements for the type of parcel I sent out. Obviously Royal Mail have clamped down on sizing, or there was an error somewhere - but as the buyer, you are responsible for any additional costs that may arise, through whatever circumstances.
You purchase the item, I send it out, the chosen service delivers to you as the buyer.

If it was an expensive item then I may have helped chip in towards RM's postage charge of £3, to make you happy (not that I would use RM for anything of any high value). But the item cost just £1.99 including postage. Do you really think I will use a "parcel" service, costing a minimum of £2.51 to post (not including eBay and PayPal fees)?
Postage isn't completely "free", it has to come from somewhere...

The buyer has been refunded in full, though surprisingly, I only lost 4p more than if I'd have sent it via Parcel2Go (the next cheapest option).
But in any case, if you have any problems with a transaction, you contact the seller via "I have a question about using the item or I want to send the seller a message".
You do NOT open up an "item not received" case to complain and demand a £3 surcharge payment when the item cost just £1.99.

My dealing with you is finished. You've got your money back. If you want the item, sort it out with the Post Office. Otherwise, it'll be returned to me.
But you won't be buying it again.
You won't be buying anything else from me again.
You are BANNED from my eBay user page and do not have the right to purchase from me ever again.
And I know your name/where you live, so don't try any stunts on me, or anyone else, again...

edit: This person has adversely affected my "item not received requests" service metric, from 0.44% to 0.79%... do they really want me to become below standard and hit hard by eBay?! If I was you, I'd ban this person from ever buying from you again - like I have done.


User avatar
spotify95
Co-founder
Posts: 5454
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 180
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » 21 Jun 2019, 09:52

Update time!

Next person who deserves a mention is:

naeem260810

Reason: opened an untrue "item not as described" return for some Li-Po batteries that I sent them. They claim that the cells "Discharge very quickly not holding charge", yet they have been capacity tested at a 1A discharge and all hold 1300 - 1700mAh capacity?!
What were you doing with those cells? What current were you trying to pull from them?!

Given that they only cost 99p plus the shipping cost, it would have been more beneficial to just keep them, then look to see if you can get any higher capacity cells from me to put in parallel? as I have some 6Ah cells!
Instead you decided to fraudulently open a NAD case to try and get a free return because you weren't happy with them.

Therefore, you can have your money back, since it is more hassle than it's worth to get a return on these batteries. If the return was requested, I'd have to pay an additional £3.10 for a Royal Mail return label - and given how Royal Mail have a bad attitude with batteries of any kind, they'd likely get intercepted before I received them back.

However, by doing this, you've just lost your right to purchase from me again. You're lucky this was for a 99p item, otherwise you'd be having much more of a challenge. Do NOT purchase from me again (not that you'll ever be able to!).


User avatar
spotify95
Co-founder
Posts: 5454
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 180
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » 21 Jun 2019, 10:25

And to quickly follow up from the last one?

Next person:

daz32605

Reason: returned a Macbook laptop battery because they weren't happy with it. It had been sat in storage for a little while and therefore their Macbook wasn't happy with it, so wanted to return it, which I was happy enough doing.
They returned the item via Hermes, through eBay messaging (unlike the person in the above post) - this way, the item was returned without any issues. Until this point...
Buyer asked for a refund, which was absolutely fine. Then demanded an extra £3.06 for the return shipping!
Sorry, but return shipping is your responsibility, and I can only refund the actual purchase price through PayPal (no more).

My policy is that if you want to return an item, then you certainly can - but under NO CIRCUMSTANCE will I be responsible for the return shipping costs.

The person then decided to dent my DSR's and leave a negative feedback (the first one to my name) because I wouldn't cover that £3.06 (which incidentally, should have been £2.78 - they added in delivery guarantee, which was not required).
Sorry, but you shouldn't really be on eBay at all if you're going to leave that sort of attitude towards your sellers.

You've just lost your right to purchase from me again. You are BANNED from my eBay listings and are not welcome to purchase from me again.
You're also lucky that I'm not releasing your details onto this forum as well.

:banned:


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
Co-founder
Posts: 281082
Joined: 12 Feb 2014, 22:09
Reputation: 456
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » 21 Jun 2019, 23:35

spotify95 wrote:And to quickly follow up from the last one?

Next person:

daz32605

Reason: returned a Macbook laptop battery because they weren't happy with it. It had been sat in storage for a little while and therefore their Macbook wasn't happy with it, so wanted to return it, which I was happy enough doing.
They returned the item via Hermes, through eBay messaging (unlike the person in the above post) - this way, the item was returned without any issues. Until this point...
Buyer asked for a refund, which was absolutely fine. Then demanded an extra £3.06 for the return shipping!
Sorry, but return shipping is your responsibility, and I can only refund the actual purchase price through PayPal (no more).

My policy is that if you want to return an item, then you certainly can - but under NO CIRCUMSTANCE will I be responsible for the return shipping costs.

The person then decided to dent my DSR's and leave a negative feedback (the first one to my name) because I wouldn't cover that £3.06 (which incidentally, should have been £2.78 - they added in delivery guarantee, which was not required).
Sorry, but you shouldn't really be on eBay at all if you're going to leave that sort of attitude towards your sellers.

You've just lost your right to purchase from me again. You are BANNED from my eBay listings and are not welcome to purchase from me again.
You're also lucky that I'm not releasing your details onto this forum as well.

:banned:

Idiot. :#


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
User avatar
spotify95
Co-founder
Posts: 5454
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 180
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » 21 Jun 2019, 23:49

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:And to quickly follow up from the last one?

Next person:

daz32605

Reason: returned a Macbook laptop battery because they weren't happy with it. It had been sat in storage for a little while and therefore their Macbook wasn't happy with it, so wanted to return it, which I was happy enough doing.
They returned the item via Hermes, through eBay messaging (unlike the person in the above post) - this way, the item was returned without any issues. Until this point...
Buyer asked for a refund, which was absolutely fine. Then demanded an extra £3.06 for the return shipping!
Sorry, but return shipping is your responsibility, and I can only refund the actual purchase price through PayPal (no more).

My policy is that if you want to return an item, then you certainly can - but under NO CIRCUMSTANCE will I be responsible for the return shipping costs.

The person then decided to dent my DSR's and leave a negative feedback (the first one to my name) because I wouldn't cover that £3.06 (which incidentally, should have been £2.78 - they added in delivery guarantee, which was not required).
Sorry, but you shouldn't really be on eBay at all if you're going to leave that sort of attitude towards your sellers.

You've just lost your right to purchase from me again. You are BANNED from my eBay listings and are not welcome to purchase from me again.
You're also lucky that I'm not releasing your details onto this forum as well.

:banned:

Idiot. :#


My opinion was even stronger than that when he gave the negative...

I did not deserve a negative feedback for fully refunding the buyer of their purchase price.
And no I'm not going to bend over backwards for some people.
When you buy things online from most places, they don't ever refund you the outgoing postage, they often just give a free returns label (i.e. one lot of postage refunded only).


User avatar
spotify95
Co-founder
Posts: 5454
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 180
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » 22 Jun 2019, 12:39

Update time:

User in question: tranquil-1

Reason: replying to a thread I made on the eBay community with off topic nonsense about me being a business seller... Guess what, I am NOT a business!

From now on, anyone accusing me of being a business (when I'm not one) will be added to my Ignore List on the forums and also this banlist.
Therefore, so does tranquil-1.
Do NOT Purchase From Me. You Have Been Warned.


User avatar
spotify95
Co-founder
Posts: 5454
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 180
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » Yesterday, 23:57

spotify95 wrote:Update time!

Next person who deserves a mention is:

naeem260810

Reason: opened an untrue "item not as described" return for some Li-Po batteries that I sent them. They claim that the cells "Discharge very quickly not holding charge", yet they have been capacity tested at a 1A discharge and all hold 1300 - 1700mAh capacity?!
What were you doing with those cells? What current were you trying to pull from them?!

Given that they only cost 99p plus the shipping cost, it would have been more beneficial to just keep them, then look to see if you can get any higher capacity cells from me to put in parallel? as I have some 6Ah cells!
Instead you decided to fraudulently open a NAD case to try and get a free return because you weren't happy with them.

Therefore, you can have your money back, since it is more hassle than it's worth to get a return on these batteries. If the return was requested, I'd have to pay an additional £3.10 for a Royal Mail return label - and given how Royal Mail have a bad attitude with batteries of any kind, they'd likely get intercepted before I received them back.

However, by doing this, you've just lost your right to purchase from me again. You're lucky this was for a 99p item, otherwise you'd be having much more of a challenge. Do NOT purchase from me again (not that you'll ever be able to!).

Follow up!

Look at the feedback they gave me...

They only gave a feedback saying "excellent" because they got refunded in full without return, i.e. a free set of batteries!

Needless to say, this confirms my reasoning on banning this person from future purchases.

Knock off the cheek - if you have a problem, contact me first and give me time to help resolve your problem, as that is often the best way. Don't demand a return or a refund without first asking me to help you resolve your problem! :banned:
Attachments
feedback.png
feedback.png (242.31 KiB) Viewed 7 times


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
Co-founder
Posts: 281082
Joined: 12 Feb 2014, 22:09
Reputation: 456
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Today, 07:04

spotify95 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Update time!

Next person who deserves a mention is:

naeem260810

Reason: opened an untrue "item not as described" return for some Li-Po batteries that I sent them. They claim that the cells "Discharge very quickly not holding charge", yet they have been capacity tested at a 1A discharge and all hold 1300 - 1700mAh capacity?!
What were you doing with those cells? What current were you trying to pull from them?!

Given that they only cost 99p plus the shipping cost, it would have been more beneficial to just keep them, then look to see if you can get any higher capacity cells from me to put in parallel? as I have some 6Ah cells!
Instead you decided to fraudulently open a NAD case to try and get a free return because you weren't happy with them.

Therefore, you can have your money back, since it is more hassle than it's worth to get a return on these batteries. If the return was requested, I'd have to pay an additional £3.10 for a Royal Mail return label - and given how Royal Mail have a bad attitude with batteries of any kind, they'd likely get intercepted before I received them back.

However, by doing this, you've just lost your right to purchase from me again. You're lucky this was for a 99p item, otherwise you'd be having much more of a challenge. Do NOT purchase from me again (not that you'll ever be able to!).

Follow up!

Look at the feedback they gave me...

They only gave a feedback saying "excellent" because they got refunded in full without return, i.e. a free set of batteries!

Needless to say, this confirms my reasoning on banning this person from future purchases.

Knock off the cheek - if you have a problem, contact me first and give me time to help resolve your problem, as that is often the best way. Don't demand a return or a refund without first asking me to help you resolve your problem! :banned:

Aaaah, the joys of eBay at their finest....... :rolleyes: :mad:


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image

Return to “The Marketplace”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron