eBay have their own courier system for integrated postage labels, it used to be (until last year) provided by Shutl, now it is provided by Spanish company Packlink (Packlink Shipping SL).
All I would say is: AVOID PACKLINK AND DO NOT USE INTEGRATED EBAY SHIPPING!
Packlink has many problems, briefly outlined as follows:
- Prices are not any cheaper by using Packlink, compared to other services (e.g. going to the couriers directly).
- Courier choice is quite limited - last tine I checked, it was MyHermes, UPS and DPD only.
- Customer service is, quite frankly, abysmal.
- Many items that are normally covered by other couriers (for insurance) are not covered by Packlink - this is despite eBay/Packlink allowing "enhanced compensation" for ALL items sold throgh eBay and posted through the integrated shipping system
- Claims have been refused due to various reasons - including when P&P materials have been "inadequate" (I say this loosely because in some cases, even the manufacturers original packaging materials are seen as "inadequate").
- False "underpayment" or "overweight/oversize" surcharges have been applied and money has been taken straight out of affected customers' PayPal or debit/credit card accounts
1) you have to use a new box when shipping an item - this means that re-use of a box from another parcel automatically voids insurance, and one can only assume that padded Jiffy envelopes would also void insurance!
2) the item must be able to handle falls from a minimum of 1.5 meters. Something fragile wouldn't stand a chance at meeting that requirement - even using original manufacturer packaging (designed to protect the item in transport).
You can read more by looking at the eBay Community thread here:
https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller- ... -p/6362407
Note that the eBay moderators have hidden this thread from view in "Seller Central", but following this link directly will take you to the 40+ pages of discussion.
If you intend on using Packlink delivery, read through the entire thread - then have second thoughts as to whether it is a wise idea.
If you decide to stop using Packlink at any time, make sure to go into your eBay and PayPal settings, and remove pre-authorized payments. Packlink have been known to charge seller up to 2 months after a parcel has been delivered!
Hope this helps someone!