Rap verse cut?

Discuss your favourite tunes and radio stations here. :)
lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Rap verse cut?

Postby lucozadesp0rt » January 14th, 2018, 2:12 am

Was in my mums car listening to the radio soke time Last week and I remember Plan B - She Said was on. A pretty good song from 2010 era with a good rap verse but the radio station cut it out? :confused: Why!!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Rap verse cut?

Postby pinkteddyx64 » January 14th, 2018, 7:17 am

coleslaw wrote:Was in my mums car listening to the radio soke time Last week and I remember Plan B - She Said was on. A pretty good song from 2010 era with a good rap verse but the radio station cut it out? :confused: Why!!

Did it contains swear words?

It kind of reminds me of when Lincs FM played Crazy In Love but cut out Jay-Z's part. :unimpressed: :#

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » January 14th, 2018, 11:27 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
coleslaw wrote:Was in my mums car listening to the radio soke time Last week and I remember Plan B - She Said was on. A pretty good song from 2010 era with a good rap verse but the radio station cut it out? :confused: Why!!

It kind of reminds me of when Lincs FM played Crazy In Love but cut out Jay-Z's part. :unimpressed: :#

Nope no swearing iirc and what how could they cut out Jay Z! It's one of the best bits of the song!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 18th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Were you listening to Heart FM? :p

When I used to listen to Heart FM (I refuse to listen to it now) they cut bits out of songs all the time, including rap verses and the aforementioned song.

Have you heard the Heart FM edit of Pitbull ft NeYo - Give Me Everything? They essentially ruined the whole song by just playing Ne-Yo's choruses (and renamed it to NeYo instead of Pitbull ft NeYo), removing all of Pitbull. Absolutely criminal.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 18th, 2018, 8:48 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:

That's Lincs FM for you; they almost completely broke me with the song choice at 15:41 on 3/14/15, as I may have mentioned previously...

lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » January 18th, 2018, 9:48 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

That's Lincs FM for you; they almost completely broke me with the song choice at 15:41 on 3/14/15, as I may have mentioned previously...

It's almost blatant censorship in a way. Smh removing Pitbull from his own song! Usually he's the one featuring :rofl:
I can't remember what station it was, it was either Capital or Gem 106, definitely not Smooth radio. Those are the only three we have on I think.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » January 18th, 2018, 9:53 pm

coleslaw wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

It's almost blatant censorship in a way. Smh removing Pitbull from his own song! Usually he's the one featuring :rofl:
I can't remember what station it was, it was either Capital or Gem 106, definitely not Smooth radio. Those are the only three we have on I think.

Are you from Nottingham? If so, try seeing if you can tune into Lincs FM on 102.2.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » January 18th, 2018, 10:00 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
coleslaw wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Are you from Nottingham? If so, try seeing if you can tune into Lincs FM on 102.2.

Yup, would I be able to tune into it from my phone?

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » January 18th, 2018, 10:07 pm

coleslaw wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
coleslaw wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

If it has an FM tuner, I don't see why not. :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 18th, 2018, 10:12 pm

coleslaw wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

It's Gem 106 then. I know that because that used to be part of the Heart network (until it split and GEM was created), so will likely have had all of Heart's edits of songs (until it got its own music library).

Capital play all rap songs in full, because they are more into chart/pop music (heck, I even hear them play Enimem - though I don't like him) , and Smooth isn't the sort of station that would air Plan B (or anything like that).

Advice: If you are in range of Gem 106 then you should in theory also be able to get Capital 105.4. Ask for that instead.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 18th, 2018, 10:14 pm

coleslaw wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
coleslaw wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Radio tuners on phones don't tend to be very good, compared to other types of radio. This is most likely due to interference from the phone itself and because it uses the earphone lead as an aerial. If you get anything from a phone FM radio (assuming your phone has one) then it's because you're in a strong signal area anyway.

Lincs FM 102.2 comes from Belmont, in Lincolnshire - so it may or may not be picked up in Nottingham. I know I can't get it in Northamptonshire (and wouldn't listen to it if I could).

Return to “Music and radio”