Good News Regarding Nearby Roundabout!

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
JessPlaysGames

Good News Regarding Nearby Roundabout!

Postby JessPlaysGames » May 9th, 2017, 3:18 pm

A roundabout just 5 minutes walk from my house was officially 'the second most dangerous roundabout in the entire West Midlands' (in terms of number of accidents / number of injuries per year)!

As a result, they have just finished widening the roundabout to make it safer :ohyes:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Good News Regarding Nearby Roundabout!

Postby pinkteddyx64 » May 9th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Kyx wrote:A roundabout just 5 minutes walk from my house was officially 'the second most dangerous roundabout in the entire West Midlands' (in terms of number of accidents / number of injuries per year)!

As a result, they have just finished widening the roundabout to make it safer :ohyes:

:rofl:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » May 9th, 2017, 3:43 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:A roundabout just 5 minutes walk from my house was officially 'the second most dangerous roundabout in the entire West Midlands' (in terms of number of accidents / number of injuries per year)!

This is the aforementioned roundabout

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.43510 ... 312!8i6656

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » May 9th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Was that imagery taken before or after the widening? :confused:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » May 9th, 2017, 3:50 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Before. That photo was 2015. Widening took place just a few weeks ago :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » May 9th, 2017, 3:54 pm

Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Before. That photo was 2015. Widening took place just a few weeks ago :)

It would suck if Google took new imagery of it whilst it was in the middle of being widened. :#

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 9th, 2017, 9:48 pm

Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

It'd probably be safer if they put traffic lights in, as I can see that small mini roundabouts like that can see people darting/racing straight across them etc.

plus, switching the HPS lights to LED (and bringing them a bit lower, as they are stuck in the trees at the moment) would help illuminate the place and make it safer at night time.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » May 9th, 2017, 10:20 pm

princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

It'd probably be safer if they put traffic lights in, as I can see that small mini roundabouts like that can see people darting/racing straight across them etc.

plus, switching the HPS lights to LED (and bringing them a bit lower, as they are stuck in the trees at the moment) would help illuminate the place and make it safer at night time.

Two years ago I saw a road junction that had five LPS lamps and one HPS lamp and when a new mini roundabout was added, those five lights were replaced with LED lamps.

Return to “Chat”