Reporting a post on DS

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Reporting a post on DS

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 8th, 2017, 4:38 pm

@princechromey It now looks similar to what it does on TSR:
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-03-08-16-36-36.png
Screenshot_2017-03-08-16-36-36.png (126.95 KiB) Viewed 6681 times

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Reporting a post on DS

Postby spotify95 » March 8th, 2017, 4:51 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:@princechromey It now looks similar to what it does on TSR:

Oh, that's so much more different than before. Similar to reporting a thread or post on TSR :yep:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 8th, 2017, 5:08 pm

princechromey wrote:

Oh, that's so much more different than before. Similar to reporting a thread or post on TSR :yep:

I wonder if it does that there are currently 1 report(s) regarding this content if it's already been reported?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 8th, 2017, 7:15 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

I wonder if it does that there are currently 1 report(s) regarding this content if it's already been reported?

If it does then that will give a big hint on what software they are using - as that is what vBulletin (certainly TSR's vBulletin) is doing.

Furthermore, in the private section, please can you screenshot what happens if you try logging in on a banned account? That way, we'll have a rough idea of what forum software they are using.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 8th, 2017, 8:49 pm

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

If it does then that will give a big hint on what software they are using - as that is what vBulletin (certainly TSR's vBulletin) is doing.

Furthermore, in the private section, please can you screenshot what happens if you try logging in on a banned account? That way, we'll have a rough idea of what forum software they are using.

It refuses to log you in altogether, highlighting the username field in red and saying underneath "permission denied".

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 8th, 2017, 10:44 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

It refuses to log you in altogether, highlighting the username field in red and saying underneath "permission denied".

Hmm, that's strange! Let me try that on Tor Browser...

edit: You're right, I tried that on a defunct account and it did indeed say permission denied. That's strange...

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 8th, 2017, 10:53 pm

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

edit: You're right, I tried that on a defunct account and it did indeed say permission denied. That's strange...

Better than the whole forums beign replaced with the you have been banned message right?

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 9th, 2017, 9:26 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

Better than the whole forums beign replaced with the you have been banned message right?

Yep, so much better than the banned messages because with the banned message you can't even view threads or posts without clearing your cookies, which many people who are not tech savvy will not know how to do.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 9th, 2017, 2:00 pm

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

Yep, so much better than the banned messages because with the banned message you can't even view threads or posts without clearing your cookies, which many people who are not tech savvy will not know how to do.

But on TSR, when banned you can still log out without needing to clear cookies.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 9th, 2017, 5:49 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

Which is good as someone else with a valid user account can then log in without having to reset your browser.

The SDMB are like standard vB, where you have to reset your browser (cookies) before you can visit the site again. Thankfully, I don't have to clear cookies, as I use either Epic Privacy Browser (based on Chrome) or Tor Browser (based on Firefox). Both have proxies built in and both reset cookies on closing the window (and ending the session).

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 9th, 2017, 6:25 pm

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

Which is good as someone else with a valid user account can then log in without having to reset your browser.

The SDMB are like standard vB, where you have to reset your browser (cookies) before you can visit the site again. Thankfully, I don't have to clear cookies, as I use either Epic Privacy Browser (based on Chrome) or Tor Browser (based on Firefox). Both have proxies built in and both reset cookies on closing the window (and ending the session).

But then that valid user account might later get banned too. :(

The problem was with DS and with SD is using vB3, whereas with vB4 (which TSR uses), the option to log out when banned was only just added.

Return to “Chat”