Straight Dope Forums.

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:

Moderators: princechromey, S2M, Kyx, pinkteddyx64

spotify95
Gender: None specified

Straight Dope Forums.

Postby spotify95 » Jan 25th, 2015, 15:50

What an absolute joke!

As soon as I try and at least participate in some conversations, people report my posts, and I get banned for being a "troll" - with the message:

vBulletin Message wrote:You have been banned for the following reason:
Troll
Date the ban will be lifted: Never


What on earth is going on?! Is this the worst forum on the internet?!

Something needs to be sorted out! :mad:


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
Co-founder
Posts: 46517
Joined: Feb 12th, 2014, 22:09
Reputation: 256
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Jan 25th, 2015, 16:10

First try sending an email via contact us at the bottom asking them to look into the issue.

If they refuse to budge, well..........


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
spotify95
Gender: None specified

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby spotify95 » Jan 25th, 2015, 16:33

pinkteddyx64 wrote:First try sending an email via contact us at the bottom asking them to look into the issue.

If they refuse to budge, well..........

I'll only do that if my main spotify95 account (which I shall create later) has any problems.

As for the others, I'll just keep creating puppet accounts! :D

Apparently, according to my records, I should now have 7 active puppet accounts - if they haven't banned any more! :D


spotify95
Gender: None specified

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby spotify95 » Jan 25th, 2015, 17:51

Ouch! :ouch:

They seem to have mass-banned my puppet accounts, most of which haven't even been posted with.

I'll have to try again - if I can't, I'm forgetting about that forum until we can do a plan!

How on earth do you manage to get away with multiple IDs yet I've had about 10 IDs banned - most of which I havent even posted on?


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
Co-founder
Posts: 46517
Joined: Feb 12th, 2014, 22:09
Reputation: 256
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Jan 25th, 2015, 18:22

Maybe I'm just lucky. :confused:


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
spotify95
Gender: None specified

vBulletin Message

Postby spotify95 » Jan 28th, 2015, 22:25

Here is a vBulletin Message I received today.
Attachments
vBulletin Message.png
vBulletin Message.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 2548 times


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
Co-founder
Posts: 46517
Joined: Feb 12th, 2014, 22:09
Reputation: 256
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: vBulletin Message

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Jan 28th, 2015, 22:45

spotify95 wrote:Here is a vBulletin Message I received today.
Sue Heart FM for it! :thumbsup:


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
spotify95
Gender: None specified

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby spotify95 » Jul 10th, 2015, 10:51

Ouch! :(

Looks like I need to create a replacement account for my i_don't_care account!

vBulletin Message wrote:vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
multiple accounts for single user

Date the ban will be lifted: Never


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
Co-founder
Posts: 46517
Joined: Feb 12th, 2014, 22:09
Reputation: 256
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Jul 10th, 2015, 13:13

spotify95 wrote:Ouch! :(

Looks like I need to create a replacement account for my i_don't_care account!

vBulletin Message wrote:vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
multiple accounts for single user

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Can I throw bricks at the windows of Digital Spy offices because of this?


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
spotify95
Gender: None specified

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby spotify95 » Jul 10th, 2015, 13:20

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Ouch! :(

Looks like I need to create a replacement account for my i_don't_care account!

vBulletin Message wrote:vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
multiple accounts for single user

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Can I throw bricks at the windows of Digital Spy offices because of this?

:yep:

Luckily I am using that curid account that I created for you - and they haven't picked up yet, despite bumping a 4 year old thread!


spotify95
Gender: None specified

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby spotify95 » Jul 15th, 2015, 16:24

Whoopsies! :D

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sho ... st18519293

Didn't realize this was 15 years old... :D

edit: Here we go again, another account it is!

vBulletin Message wrote:vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
multiple accounts for single user

Date the ban will be lifted: Never


http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/member.php?u=171516

All that for nothing. Those idiots have deleted all of my posts. I'm going in under multiple forum IDs!!!!! :mad:


spotify95
Gender: None specified

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby spotify95 » Aug 1st, 2015, 19:39

This is a response from a mod that I got from when I asked about mod preview of posts:

Thoo-

I'm a moderator here and posts do not need to be approved. However, your first post was a strange, weird thing with a bunch of odd characters and the words "University of Greenwich" and that was it. One of my fellow moderators wished it into the cornfield never to be seen again.

We get a godawful amount of spam and such here at the SDMB and moderator policy is to disappear them as quickly as possible. It's also policy to ban such spammer with no notice. You appear to have avoided this fate so whichever mod did it must have decided you didn't fit that profile.

In any case, welcome to the Straight Dope Message Board. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here and find many threads in which you can contribute.


By "strange, weird thing with a bunch of odd characters", do they mean the "QQ<symbol><symbol><numbers><symbols>University Of Greenwich" thread, aka this?

It's good to hear that I was "welcomed" to the SDMB - despite having at least 10 previous accounts on there! :D

Edit:

vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
Too many infractions to list. You will never be allowed to post here. Please stop making new names.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never


spotify95
Gender: None specified

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby spotify95 » Nov 17th, 2015, 07:17

What has that forum got against us now?!

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
You really like pushing your luck, don't you?

Date the ban will be lifted: Never


Well that's the last time I ever join that board!
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-11-17-07-40-01.png
Screenshot_2015-11-17-07-40-01.png (106.7 KiB) Viewed 2044 times


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
Co-founder
Posts: 46517
Joined: Feb 12th, 2014, 22:09
Reputation: 256
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Nov 17th, 2015, 11:48

spotify95 wrote:What has that forum got against us now?!

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
You really like pushing your luck, don't you?

Date the ban will be lifted: Never


Well that's the last time I ever join that board!

Maybe create another account and ask what happens if you push your luck any further? ;)


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
spotify95
Gender: None specified

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby spotify95 » Nov 17th, 2015, 12:53

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:What has that forum got against us now?!

vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
You really like pushing your luck, don't you?

Date the ban will be lifted: Never


Well that's the last time I ever join that board!

Maybe create another account and ask what happens if you push your luck any further? ;)

Like that idea, but I'm not comfortable making any more accounts on there in case they contact either of our ISPs! :(


User avatar
princechromey
Founder and the king of TBAAJ
Posts: 1520
Joined: Nov 22nd, 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 93
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby princechromey » Jun 17th, 2016, 19:47

By the way, here's something I found on the SDMB which made me laugh! :D

Note the sequence in that CTAM thread (which was later closed):

5, 6, 7, zoid! :D

That zoid user doesn't really like us, do they? :(

Also, note the accounts that were being used - princechromey. (yep, there's a point at the end of the name) and Midnight12! :D
Attachments
5, 6, 7, zoid!.png
5, 6, 7, zoid!.png (196.95 KiB) Viewed 1731 times


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
Co-founder
Posts: 46517
Joined: Feb 12th, 2014, 22:09
Reputation: 256
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Jun 18th, 2016, 12:36

princechromey wrote:By the way, here's something I found on the SDMB which made me laugh! :D

Note the sequence in that CTAM thread (which was later closed):

5, 6, 7, zoid! :D

That zoid user doesn't really like us, do they? :(

Also, note the accounts that were being used - princechromey. (yep, there's a point at the end of the name) and Midnight12! :D

It would seem not.
:rofl:


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
User avatar
princechromey
Founder and the king of TBAAJ
Posts: 1520
Joined: Nov 22nd, 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 93
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby princechromey » Jun 18th, 2016, 15:14

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:By the way, here's something I found on the SDMB which made me laugh! :D

Note the sequence in that CTAM thread (which was later closed):

5, 6, 7, zoid! :D

That zoid user doesn't really like us, do they? :(

Also, note the accounts that were being used - princechromey. (yep, there's a point at the end of the name) and Midnight12! :D

It would seem not.
:rofl:



Nope - especially when I remember what Zoid used to do with us before! He kept replying to our posts with "Reported", remember? Then we would lose both our accounts and our posts :banghead:


User avatar
princechromey
Founder and the king of TBAAJ
Posts: 1520
Joined: Nov 22nd, 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 93
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby princechromey » Oct 16th, 2016, 17:06

It's gone!!!! :(

My heartsplayer account has totally vanished! :(

They may have deleted my posts as well, though I can't be certain. The post about Metal Halide - LED Bulbs has GONE!!!

Please help me take over that place with tons of different impersonation accounts etc? Whatever you're doing to TSR now, let's both do to SDMB - agreed?
Attachments
heartsplayer.png
heartsplayer.png (224.99 KiB) Viewed 1262 times


User avatar
princechromey
Founder and the king of TBAAJ
Posts: 1520
Joined: Nov 22nd, 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 93
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby princechromey » Oct 16th, 2016, 21:44

Hahahahaha! :D

They banned me for socking again... however, take a look at this :D

Just shows you that you can sign up with pretty much any name! :rofl:
Attachments
misc2.png
misc2.png (227.77 KiB) Viewed 1253 times
korean.png
korean.png (260.58 KiB) Viewed 1254 times


User avatar
princechromey
Founder and the king of TBAAJ
Posts: 1520
Joined: Nov 22nd, 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 93
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby princechromey » Oct 20th, 2016, 22:40

Look at this weird user on the SDMB! :D

I wonder why they were banned? ;)
Attachments
weirduser.png
weirduser.png (214.15 KiB) Viewed 1235 times


User avatar
princechromey
Founder and the king of TBAAJ
Posts: 1520
Joined: Nov 22nd, 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 93
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby princechromey » Oct 20th, 2016, 22:50

Also, do you recognize these? Who created them, I wonder? :D

@pinkteddyx64
Attachments
Socking..png
Socking..png (191.5 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
socking.png
socking.png (194.19 KiB) Viewed 1232 times
symbols.png
symbols.png (211.32 KiB) Viewed 1234 times


User avatar
princechromey
Founder and the king of TBAAJ
Posts: 1520
Joined: Nov 22nd, 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 93
Gender: Male

Straight dope forums

Postby princechromey » Oct 24th, 2016, 23:01

Here are the screenshots of my latest attempt.

@pinkteddyx64 @coleslaw
Attachments
sock.png
sock.png (212.07 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
3.png
3.png (210.7 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
2.png
2.png (190.71 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
1.png
1.png (262.85 KiB) Viewed 1104 times


User avatar
princechromey
Founder and the king of TBAAJ
Posts: 1520
Joined: Nov 22nd, 2015, 14:24
Reputation: 93
Gender: Male

Re: Straight Dope Forums.

Postby princechromey » Jan 16th, 2017, 16:22

Here we go again... Yawn!
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-01-16-12-42-27.png
Screenshot_2017-01-16-12-42-27.png (220.74 KiB) Viewed 906 times
Screenshot_2017-01-16-09-50-59.png
Screenshot_2017-01-16-09-50-59.png (454.48 KiB) Viewed 906 times



Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest