Benefits made me fat

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Benefits made me fat

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 22nd, 2014, 9:54 pm

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/Chelmsf ... story.html

I'm not knocking benefit claimants, receiving certain benefits has helped me out, and my family over the years, and I know there are genuine cases. Nor am i having a go at bigger people, im over weight my self and i know how hard it is to lose weight.
However, this lady is claiming she is 23 stone "because" of the benefits she received. She sleeps all day while her daughter is a school then when she's awake she goes out and buys kebabs and stuffs her cupboards (and face) full of fizzy pop and junk food.
There comes a point where people need to take responsibility, she isn't "fat" because she's on benefits, she's "fat" because she chooses to buy junk food with her benefit money.

"People tell me it's my fault because I'm fat.

"But I don't see it that way. I'm fat because I comfort eat, and the benefits pay for it. If it wasn't for the benefits, I'd be forced to stop the trips to the kebab van."

Thing is if shes going by that logic, the benefits could also be paying for fruit, veg and an expensive gym membership.

Discuss and bash her as negatively as you like! :thumbsup: :D :cool:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Benefits made me fat

Postby spotify95 » February 22nd, 2014, 10:20 pm

What an absolute joke of a woman, should not be wasting money of piling on the pounds with junk food. Some people have to make a choice between food and heating, yet this woman uses benefits to gain lots of weight? Utter joke.

And this is how "the brits are a joke". :D

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 22nd, 2014, 10:31 pm

spotify95 wrote:What an absolute joke of a woman, should not be wasting money of piling on the pounds with junk food. Some people have to make a choice between food and heating, yet this woman uses benefits to gain lots of weight? Utter joke.

She gives people who are nice and fit and far from fat a terrible name! :mad:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 1st, 2014, 11:21 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:What an absolute joke of a woman, should not be wasting money of piling on the pounds with junk food. Some people have to make a choice between food and heating, yet this woman uses benefits to gain lots of weight? Utter joke.

Yes, she should definitely be using the benefits money wisely - i.e. using it to go to the gym, and buy healthier options! Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to blow it on crap food that won't do anything other than make you pile on the kilogrammes (or pounds if you don't like metric).

Sorry - don't like imperial units!

It is ludicrous to blame benefits on weight gain - after all you don't have to use the money to buy junk.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 1st, 2014, 1:26 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Yes, she should definitely be using the benefits money wisely - i.e. using it to go to the gym, and buy healthier options! Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to blow it on crap food that won't do anything other than make you pile on the kilogrammes (or pounds if you don't like metric).

Sorry - don't like imperial units!

It is ludicrous to blame benefits on weight gain - after all you don't have to use the money to buy junk.

Couldn't have worded it better myself. :thumbsup:

Return to “Chat”