Rail workers are being sprayed by human urine and faeces...

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

Rail workers are being sprayed by human urine and faeces...

Postby spotify95 » October 16th, 2014, 9:23 pm

...from passing trains.

See this link here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca ... e-25430657

Rail workers are being sprayed by human urine and faeces from passing trains, putting their health at risk.

Network Rail accepted that train toilets which emptied on the track were "outdated and unpleasant" for track workers.

May I ask exactly why we still have trains that dump faeces onto the track?
Further, which classes of trains, in which areas, have this problem?

Discuss....

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Rail workers are being sprayed by human urine and faeces

Postby spotify95 » October 16th, 2014, 9:25 pm

spotify95 wrote:...from passing trains.

See this link here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca ... e-25430657

Rail workers are being sprayed by human urine and faeces from passing trains, putting their health at risk.

Network Rail accepted that train toilets which emptied on the track were "outdated and unpleasant" for track workers.

May I ask exactly why we still have trains that dump faeces onto the track?
Further, which classes of trains, in which areas, have this problem?

Discuss....

Further to this, I have started to take notice at this issue, as East Midlands Trains are mostly okay. Their Class 222 trains are relatively modern, and don't have any special notices, so I presume they have retention tanks.

However, earlier this week, I was travelling in an EMT Class 43 train and it clearly stated not to flush in a station....

A few more links:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ca ... e-25430657
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showth ... t=18566272
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1927569
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... racks.html

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 17th, 2014, 2:18 am

Oh dear, we'll be getting like the likes of India soon. :( Maybe we should sue smeggypants, and crumbs/Unfortunately for it? :thumbsup:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 24th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Another quick update, with regards to this issue:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3GLyyECEn

Yes it is the daily mail but still, the issue persists.

Tbh, I haven't noticed any excrement on the tracks in our area, however, two trains per hour (1 in each direction) are still hauled by old Intercity 125 units, which (I believe?) still flush directly onto the track.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 8th, 2014, 6:37 pm

A slight footnote to this story... when I was last in Leicester, on Wednesday (11/05/2014) I could see (from the platform) that there was lots of white stuff on the track - presumably the toilet paper from when someone has flushed in the station - how disgusting!

I know that the Class 222's have retention tanks, so it's got to be down to those old Intercity 125 trains! They need replacing!

Let's hope that East Midlands Trains manages to electrify the line, and replace those Intercity trains - or else I'll have to sue them!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 8th, 2014, 8:06 pm

spotify95 wrote:A slight footnote to this story... when I was last in Leicester, on Wednesday (11/05/2014) I could see (from the platform) that there was lots of white stuff on the track - presumably the toilet paper from when someone has flushed in the station - how disgusting!

I know that the Class 222's have retention tanks, so it's got to be down to those old Intercity 125 trains! They need replacing!

Let's hope that East Midlands Trains manages to electrify the line, and replace those Intercity trains - or else I'll have to sue them!

:thumbsdown:

Maybe after electrifying the lines, they could use these sort of trains instead: http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/a ... -depot.jpg :cool:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 8th, 2014, 8:13 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:A slight footnote to this story... when I was last in Leicester, on Wednesday (11/05/2014) I could see (from the platform) that there was lots of white stuff on the track - presumably the toilet paper from when someone has flushed in the station - how disgusting!

Maybe after electrifying the lines, they could use these sort of trains instead: http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/a ... -depot.jpg :cool:

What type of train is that? I have never seen one of those before...

It'd be good if they could replace the old Intercity trains with something that is more modern.

Oh, and they can scrap the Class 222 "Meridian" trains as they block mobile signals! :doh2:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 8th, 2014, 8:27 pm

:jumphug!:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

It'd be good if they could replace the old Intercity trains with something that is more modern.

Oh, and they can scrap the Class 222 "Meridian" trains as they block mobile signals! :doh2:

This is the type of train: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_395 and is used on the dedicated, purpose built high speed link from London to Dover. Apparently, it can run on ordinary lines as well albeit at reduced speeds, but still would you rather fancy having something modern like that, even at the ordinary speed if it means no more poo and toilet paper on the tracks and platforms? :cool:

Can I sue Digital Spy, DS Forum Support, smeggypants, crumbs, stupidwheelie, Daily Mail and House Of Fraser because the UK doesn't have as many purpose built high speed lines as France does? :mad:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 8th, 2014, 9:07 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote: :jumphug!:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

This is the type of train: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_395 and is used on the dedicated, purpose built high speed link from London to Dover. Apparently, it can run on ordinary lines as well albeit at reduced speeds, but still would you rather fancy having something modern like that, even at the ordinary speed if it means no more poo and toilet paper on the tracks and platforms? :cool:

Can I sue Digital Spy, DS Forum Support, smeggypants, crumbs, stupidwheelie, Daily Mail and House Of Fraser because the UK doesn't have as many purpose built high speed lines as France does? :mad:

Just saw that and they do look good, they are certainly more modern, and even if they can only run at 100mph (as supposed to 140mph) it's still fast enough.
As a comparison, the Class 222's and the Class 43's both run at up to 125 mph, though on our section of the line (Wellingborough to Leicester) the maximum speed is 110 mph.
Also, the BR 395's seem to have 6 coaches, an improvement on the 5-coach BR 222's - and I suppose they could couple 2 units up together, to form 12 coach trains where needed (to replace the 7-coach 222's and the 8-coach 43's).

And even better, as you said, no faeces on the line, so no shit-piss-mist for the rail workers to breath in! (Toilets with no retention tanks are totally useless; they litter the stations when stationary, and spray the rail workers when moving.)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 8th, 2014, 9:29 pm

spotify95 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Just saw that and they do look good, they are certainly more modern, and even if they can only run at 100mph (as supposed to 140mph) it's still fast enough.
As a comparison, the Class 222's and the Class 43's both run at up to 125 mph, though on our section of the line (Wellingborough to Leicester) the maximum speed is 110 mph.
Also, the BR 395's seem to have 6 coaches, an improvement on the 5-coach BR 222's - and I suppose they could couple 2 units up together, to form 12 coach trains where needed (to replace the 7-coach 222's and the 8-coach 43's).

And even better, as you said, no faeces on the line, so no shit-piss-mist for the rail workers to breath in! (Toilets with no retention tanks are totally useless; they litter the stations when stationary, and spray the rail workers when moving.)
Pity they didn't spray stupidwheelie and the members of DS Forum Support as well! :rolleyes:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 8th, 2014, 9:54 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Pity they didn't spray stupidwheelie and the members of DS Forum Support as well! :rolleyes:

Well, if you could get the DS FS team (and stupidwheelie) working on the trackside then they may be sprayed!

IMO, before they even attempt to start off HS2, they should sort out any current problems with the current network - i.e. faster trains that are more efficient (i.e. electric rather than diesel) and scrap all of the ancient trains - as well as trains that block mobile phone signals.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 8th, 2014, 10:00 pm

:p
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Well, if you could get the DS FS team (and stupidwheelie) working on the trackside then they may be sprayed!

IMO, before they even attempt to start off HS2, they should sort out any current problems with the current network - i.e. faster trains that are more efficient (i.e. electric rather than diesel) and scrap all of the ancient trains - as well as trains that block mobile phone signals.
And offer FREE Wi-Fi to every passenger! :D

The government should also renationalize the whole network, then we can have British Rail again! However, that might not seem such a good idea, as I might end up suing British Rail for every time one of my puppets on DS gets banned again! :D

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 10th, 2014, 4:44 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote: :p
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

And offer FREE Wi-Fi to every passenger! :D

The government should also renationalize the whole network, then we can have British Rail again! However, that might not seem such a good idea, as I might end up suing British Rail for every time one of my puppets on DS gets banned again! :D

Yes, East Midlands Trains charge £4 for each Wi-fi Journey! :( :mad:

Further, they have a booklet about their Wi-Fi, stating that since the train Wi-fi uses 3G and 4G networks, that people should not use sites such as Spotify, Youtube or downloading large files, in order to keep the speed for everyone!

Back on topic, got a Class 43 train into Leicester today, and there was a clear notice on the toilet doors, stating that people should NOT use the toilets when in a station. Obviously no-one reads those notices, as Wellingborough and Leicester stations are filled with toilet paper released from those class 43's! :thumbsdown: :doh2:

edit: Today (11/18/14) I got a Class 43 into Leicester today - surprisingly comfy and pretty much a constant 3G service from Wellingborough to Leicester. That won't happen on a Class 222!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 15th, 2014, 11:39 am

In case you didn't know, you can have a look at EMT's Wi-fi policy here:

http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/wifi

If I want Wifi then I should be able to use it as I please, how I please!

Return to “Chat”