Any good data deals for SIM cards?

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
JessPlaysGames

Any good data deals for SIM cards?

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 21st, 2017, 10:45 pm

Any SIM cards with good data deals, like unlimited data for £10 per month?

@princechromey

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Any good data deals for SIM cards?

Postby spotify95 » August 22nd, 2017, 9:20 am

Kyx wrote:Any SIM cards with good data deals, like unlimited data for £10 per month?

@princechromey

I'll have a look for you, but you'll never find anything like that for £10 per month...

Aside from the Giffgaff 9GB for £18 (as of 8/23/17) offer, Plusnet (who use EE) are offering 5GB data for £10 per month, which is about as much as you'll get for that budget.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 22nd, 2017, 11:49 am

Kyx wrote:Any SIM cards with good data deals, like unlimited data for £10 per month?

@princechromey

Just found a link for you here, regarding SIM only deals:

http://www.techradar.com/news/sim-only-deals

Basically, 3UK for all higher end plans, except for the Vodafone 20GB deal (after cashback), and if you are as active on all forums as you are this one, Giffgaff for the lower end, because once you throw in Community Payback then the SIM will be virtually free.

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 22nd, 2017, 12:06 pm

princechromey wrote:

@princechromey

Basically, 3UK for all higher end plans, except for the Vodafone 20GB deal (after cashback), and if you are as active on all forums as you are this one, Giffgaff for the lower end, because once you throw in Community Payback then the SIM will be virtually free.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 22nd, 2017, 2:08 pm

Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

@princechromey

No worries, hope I've been able to help :)

Unless you know you need more than 9GB per month, Giffgaff is your best bet (because with Community contributions, it will lower the price of the goodybag) - above 9GB and Three UK is your best bet, unless you want to get the Vodafone offer with cashback. (Plus, I don't know if they are still doing this or not, but Vodafone used to throw in Spotify Premium for a while.)

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 22nd, 2017, 5:09 pm

princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

@princechromey

Unless you know you need more than 9GB per month, Giffgaff is your best bet (because with Community contributions, it will lower the price of the goodybag) - above 9GB and Three UK is your best bet, unless you want to get the Vodafone offer with cashback. (Plus, I don't know if they are still doing this or not, but Vodafone used to throw in Spotify Premium for a while.)

Probably three then

I know a year ago my friend had unlimited data with three...

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 22nd, 2017, 8:58 pm

Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

@princechromey

Probably three then

3UK do offer unlimited data, and are the only network that offers truly AYCE data (Giffgaff's £20 goodybag severely drops in speed after 6GB usage), but the best bet would be to monitor exactly how much data you are using, then go from there. As it is highly unlikely you'll go over 30GB, which Three also offer a plan on, which is cheaper than the AYCE option.

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 22nd, 2017, 9:19 pm

princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

@princechromey

Probably three then

3UK do offer unlimited data, and are the only network that offers truly AYCE data (Giffgaff's £20 goodybag severely drops in speed after 6GB usage), but the best bet would be to monitor exactly how much data you are using, then go from there. As it is highly unlikely you'll go over 30GB, which Three also offer a plan on, which is cheaper than the AYCE option.

Maybe :)

I could go up to £40 per month if I really have to... :o

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 23rd, 2017, 12:27 am

Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

@princechromey

Probably three then

Maybe :)

I could go up to £40 per month if I really have to... :o

For £40 per month, you are better off actually getting some sort of fixed home broadband, such as the likes of BT or Sky (or even Talktalk), and watching your Youtube videos at home/university on the broadband system. You will be able to get the Three unlimited deal for just over £30 per month, but before committing yourself to this: when will you be using the SIM/data, what will you be doing with the data, is there Wi-Fi you can use? All universities will have Wi-Fi (albeit monitored Wi-Fi, though most monitoring systems will only filter out offensive/inappropriate stuff, like adult content, they will not filter forums like these). Most university accommodations will provide some sort of internet connection. Other wi-fi solutions may also be available.

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 23rd, 2017, 10:25 am

Thanks will consider :)

Return to “Chat”