New entry into top 3 longest wifi cut-outs!

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
JessPlaysGames

New entry into top 3 longest wifi cut-outs!

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 19th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Just got back online after a wifi cut-out of one hour and eight minutes. The top three now looks like this:

3rd: 37 minutes
2nd: 1 hour 8 minutes
1st: 4 hours 20 minutes

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: New entry into top 3 longest wifi cut-outs!

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 19th, 2017, 4:12 pm

Kyx wrote:Just got back online after a wifi cut-out of one hour and eight minutes. The top three now looks like this:

:doh2:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 19th, 2017, 4:14 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:Just got back online after a wifi cut-out of one hour and eight minutes. The top three now looks like this:

And this one was actually without a VPN!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 19th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

And this one was actually without a VPN!

Hopefully you'll have fewer of these issues when you arrive in Hull in September.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 19th, 2017, 6:38 pm

You sure you don't want this then Kyx? :)

https://www.gumtree.com/p/modems-broadb ... 1257263597

Stick a Giffgaff SIM in it (you can get one for free with a £5 bonus if supplied by me), select your package you want and you should be up and running :)
Also, since Giffgaff have recently improved their network (discussions with O2 etc), the speed you can get has increased :)

Better this than crappy Virgin :yep:

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 20th, 2017, 2:34 pm

@pinkteddyx64 hopefully not :)

princechromey wrote:

Stick a Giffgaff SIM in it (you can get one for free with a £5 bonus if supplied by me), select your package you want and you should be up and running :)
Also, since Giffgaff have recently improved their network (discussions with O2 etc), the speed you can get has increased :)

If I still have these problems at uni, sure :p

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 20th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Kyx wrote:@pinkteddyx64 hopefully not :)

princechromey wrote:

Awesome stuff. :)

For example, if you was to get such a router now, and use it for the next few weeks (until you go to university), then if you went to anywhere else that didn't have Wi-Fi, but did have a mains power supply, or if the university wi-fi was too restrictive for you to use, then at least you know that you can set your own Wi-Fi hotspot up wherever there's 3G/4G coverage of a mobile operator!

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 20th, 2017, 3:00 pm

princechromey wrote:

princechromey wrote:

For example, if you was to get such a router now, and use it for the next few weeks (until you go to university), then if you went to anywhere else that didn't have Wi-Fi, but did have a mains power supply, or if the university wi-fi was too restrictive for you to use, then at least you know that you can set your own Wi-Fi hotspot up wherever there's 3G/4G coverage of a mobile operator!

:yep:

I've noticed that my area where I live has 4G, but just one road away it's 3G, and two roads further away they only have 2G. Another few roads away they have no data coverage at all, but one road further than that and they have 4G.

Wtf!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 20th, 2017, 7:08 pm

Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

princechromey wrote:

I've noticed that my area where I live has 4G, but just one road away it's 3G, and two roads further away they only have 2G. Another few roads away they have no data coverage at all, but one road further than that and they have 4G.

Wtf!

You sure it's not your phone glitching out? Because, unless there are any major obstructions, I can't imagine it going from 4G to nothing in just a couple of roads' distance...

Some phones (most notably the Galaxy S4) have a tendency to drop to 2G whenever they feel like...

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » August 20th, 2017, 7:19 pm

princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

princechromey wrote:

Wtf!

You sure it's not your phone glitching out? Because, unless there are any major obstructions, I can't imagine it going from 4G to nothing in just a couple of roads' distance...

Some phones (most notably the Galaxy S4) have a tendency to drop to 2G whenever they feel like...

I have an iPhone 5 ?

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 20th, 2017, 7:20 pm

Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:
Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:

princechromey wrote:

Wtf!

I have an iPhone 5 ?

I think iPhones are OK in this respect, in that they don't drop down, but I've not used an iPhone before so don't know how good their antennas are.

Return to “Chat”