A street light fault report outcome I wanted for a change!

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

A street light fault report outcome I wanted for a change!

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 27th, 2017, 6:31 pm

Last month I reported a HPS light that kept switching off for a few seconds then switching back on again has just this week been replaced with an LED! :woo:

Normally when I report a street light fault, they just fix the fault and never replace it with an LED. :unimpressed: :#

@spotify95

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: A street light fault report outcome I wanted for a change!

Postby spotify95 » July 27th, 2017, 11:19 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:Last month I reported a HPS light that kept switching off for a few seconds then switching back on again has just this week been replaced with an LED! :woo:

Normally when I report a street light fault, they just fix the fault and never replace it with an LED. :unimpressed: :#

@princechromey

Aah, the "turn on and then turn off" thing! For HPS this means a worn out bulb, the bulb is at the end of its lifespan, so a replacement bulb would have been required.

Now I don't know how much a replacement bulb would have cost, but given that North Lincs want everything LED anyway, they probably thought it would be best to just LED it now, rather than replace the HPS bulb and then LED it afterwards in a few months.

Speaking of, my village high street has just had some new lights fitted, and they are metal halide... Why use metal halide, they will regret it when the capacitors start giving in!

Return to “Chat”