Wyevale Garden Center Free Wifi

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

Wyevale Garden Center Free Wifi

Postby spotify95 » July 17th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Attached is the speed test I got when connected to the Free Wifi at Wyevale Garden Center in Poddington, Beds.

Considering that the drinks there are astronomically expensive, I was expecting better!

Forget 4g, I tested 3g and it was way better... No James_W22 possible here, in fact you wouldn't even have been able to stream Tunein Radio...
Attachments
Screenshot_20170717-120113.png
Screenshot_20170717-120113.png (861.57 KiB) Viewed 4856 times

JessPlaysGames

Re: Wyevale Garden Center Free Wifi

Postby JessPlaysGames » July 17th, 2017, 1:13 pm

princechromey wrote:Attached is the speed test I got when connected to the Free Wifi at Wyevale Garden Center in Poddington, Beds.

Considering that the drinks there are astronomically expensive, I was expecting better!

Forget 4g, I tested 3g and it was way better... No James_W22 possible here, in fact you wouldn't even have been able to stream Tunein Radio...

That's terrible! (Same app I use to measure my wifi!)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 17th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Kyx wrote:
princechromey wrote:Attached is the speed test I got when connected to the Free Wifi at Wyevale Garden Center in Poddington, Beds.

I bet the broadband was supplied by Virgin Media. :rolleyes:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 17th, 2017, 3:00 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:

With such a low speed, the wi-fi would probably have been powered by 3G aerials outside and then re-broadcasting as Wi-Fi inside.
I know it wasn't 4G, as 4G was rather much quicker (by EE). EE 3G was about 3Mbps download and 0.25Mbps upload on a 1 bar connection, so quite weak.
Don't know what O2 or Vodafone 3G would be like, potentially slower, but seeing as though VO2 would have been 2G only until recently, the most likely wi-fi solution is an EE 3G modem that converts the mobile signal to Wi-Fi - which hasn't been upgraded to 4G. It wouldn't be any fixed broadband - not unless it was crappy ADSL copper broadband, anyway.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 17th, 2017, 4:25 pm

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:

With such a low speed, the wi-fi would probably have been powered by 3G aerials outside and then re-broadcasting as Wi-Fi inside.
I know it wasn't 4G, as 4G was rather much quicker (by EE). EE 3G was about 3Mbps download and 0.25Mbps upload on a 1 bar connection, so quite weak.
Don't know what O2 or Vodafone 3G would be like, potentially slower, but seeing as though VO2 would have been 2G only until recently, the most likely wi-fi solution is an EE 3G modem that converts the mobile signal to Wi-Fi - which hasn't been upgraded to 4G. It wouldn't be any fixed broadband - not unless it was crappy ADSL copper broadband, anyway.

Maybe the 3G was supplied by Virgin MOBILE and the garden centre company had a business account with them?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 17th, 2017, 6:08 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:

Maybe the 3G was supplied by Virgin MOBILE and the garden centre company had a business account with them?

The IP Address from Speedtest.net doesn't say that it is coming from Virgin Mobile, so I have no idea as to where the source of this connection was from. It's either crappy 3G (more likely from Vodafone/O2 as their low band 3G is not as performant as EE/3's high band 3G), or crappy ADSL.

Return to “Chat”