HoF Leicester is going...

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

HoF Leicester is going...

Postby spotify95 » July 5th, 2017, 7:27 pm

I've recently heard this on the radio (Capital Leicestershire) and now found an online article confirming this.

The House Of Fraser outlet store in Highcross, Leicester, is going to be closed down and another shop (or shops) will take its place.

I can imagine that quite a few people will be unhappy about this - it seems like quite a few HoF stores are closing. The Northampton store closed a few years ago, now Leicester. Will there be any left?

Source (from Leicester Mercury): http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/zara- ... l#comments

If you intend on visiting that store (whilst it still is a HoF), make it quick, it'll be going soon.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: HoF Leicester is going...

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 6th, 2017, 7:24 am

princechromey wrote:I've recently heard this on the radio (Capital Leicestershire) and now found an online article confirming this.

The House Of Fraser outlet store in Highcross, Leicester, is going to be closed down and another shop (or shops) will take its place.

I can imagine that quite a few people will be unhappy about this - it seems like quite a few HoF stores are closing. The Northampton store closed a few years ago, now Leicester. Will there be any left?

Source (from Leicester Mercury): http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/zara- ... l#comments

If you intend on visiting that store (whilst it still is a HoF), make it quick, it'll be going soon.

Scunthorpe hasn't had one since 1997....... :moon:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » July 6th, 2017, 8:17 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:I've recently heard this on the radio (Capital Leicestershire) and now found an online article confirming this.

Birmingham still has one :p

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 6th, 2017, 8:51 am

Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

At least you've can sleep easy at night knowing your House Of Fraser store is still open, whilst me and @spotify95 froth, fizz and foam at the mouth over the demise of our House Of Fraser stores. :unimpressed: :#

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » July 6th, 2017, 9:19 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

At least you've can sleep easy at night knowing your House Of Fraser store is still open, whilst me and @princechromey froth, fizz and foam at the mouth over the demise of our House Of Fraser stores. :unimpressed: :#

I've never even been to it :o :rofl:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 6th, 2017, 9:52 am

Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

At least you've can sleep easy at night knowing your House Of Fraser store is still open, whilst me and @princechromey froth, fizz and foam at the mouth over the demise of our House Of Fraser stores. :unimpressed: :#

Even so, I can understand Scunthorpe no longer having a House Of Fraser store, but a big city like Leicester?! :#

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 6th, 2017, 9:53 am

Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I've not been inside the Leicester HoF yet, though I've seen it from the outside! I think I need to pop in and do a tour of the store, @pinkteddyx64 style... ;)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 6th, 2017, 9:59 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Even so, I can understand Scunthorpe no longer having a House Of Fraser store, but a big city like Leicester?! :#

I'm hoping that HoF decide to open a new store in Leicester - the old Fenwick department store (now closed) would be a good candidate...

On a more positive note, Rushden is getting a HoF in their new 'Rushden Lakes' shopping centre/district out of town, due to open soon.
https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/store/r ... -soon/0832

Wonder how this goes - I'll have to take a look inside when it opens.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 6th, 2017, 10:08 am

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Kyx wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I'm hoping that HoF decide to open a new store in Leicester - the old Fenwick department store (now closed) would be a good candidate...

On a more positive note, Rushden is getting a HoF in their new 'Rushden Lakes' shopping centre/district out of town, due to open soon.
https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/store/r ... -soon/0832

Wonder how this goes - I'll have to take a look inside when it opens.

Can I bite James_W once because of the closure and twice if when you try and photograph or video the store security stop you?

Return to “Chat”