Testing out some cheap speakers

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

Testing out some cheap speakers

Postby spotify95 » January 13th, 2016, 7:00 pm

Thought I'd let you know about this:

Today, I went into town to see if there was anything I needed to buy. I needed to return a rather flimsy watch to Asda anyway, as the strap had broken.

Whilst I was in town, I looked in a bric-a-brac shop, to see if they had anything in there (I hadn't been in there before). Surely enough, I found a pair of speakers. They didn't look that bad, and didn't cost that much either, so I decided to buy them.

I couldn't open the speakers up, so couldn't see the power rating, but did see the impedance of each speaker was 4 ohms. They connect to your device via a piece of bare wire, rather than a standard 3.5mm audio jack - so they are probably designed to be run in conjunction with an amplifier.

I hooked up a 2W amplifier that I had available (I had made it at university - it runs off a 9V battery) and used an old Packard Bell MP3 player as a test source. Given my past experience with cheap, unamplified speakers, I wasn't expecting much. Surprisingly, these speakers actually sounded pretty good for what they are!

Here's a video of me testing them. If you have any problems watching the video, please let me know.

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Testing out some cheap speakers

Postby spotify95 » January 13th, 2016, 8:12 pm

What did you think to the speakers? Not bad for £2, eh? ;)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Testing out some cheap speakers

Postby pinkteddyx64 » January 13th, 2016, 8:22 pm

spotify95 wrote:
What did you think to the speakers? Not bad for £2, eh? ;)

Excellent and can't argue with the price at all! :H

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:

Return to “Chat”