The irony

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

The irony

Postby pinkteddyx64 » December 22nd, 2015, 6:58 pm

@spotify95

I have quoted you into this thread as I wanted your opinion on the following:

As you'll probably know, the future of the Scunthorpe steelworks is under big threat, and one of the biggest reasons is because of the crippling energy costs in comparison to other European countries, (can we make James_W pay for it?).

The irony is however that at one of the entrances, the road is lit by streetlights that are mostly low pressure sodium lighting and only two that are LED! :doh2:

You can see in the attached picture just how piss poor the lighting is. The street light nearest left of the picture has an issue of a very loud buzzing sound coming from it.

Can we bill James_W for the rest of the lights being replaced with LEDs? ;)

Please tell me what you think of the situation. :ohyes:
Attachments
DSC_0722.JPG
DSC_0722.JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 3127 times

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: The irony

Postby spotify95 » December 22nd, 2015, 9:51 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:@spotify95

I have quoted you into this thread as I wanted your opinion on the following:

As you'll probably know, the future of the Scunthorpe steelworks is under big threat, and one of the biggest reasons is because of the crippling energy costs in comparison to other European countries, (can we make James_W pay for it?).

The irony is however that at one of the entrances, the road is lit by streetlights that are mostly low pressure sodium lighting and only two that are LED! :doh2:

You can see in the attached picture just how piss poor the lighting is. The street light nearest left of the picture has an issue of a very loud buzzing sound coming from it.

Can we bill James_W for the rest of the lights being replaced with LEDs? ;)

Please tell me what you think of the situation. :ohyes:

Thanks for the message.

Chances are, the streetlights (being on a road like that) are the property of the council, not the steelworks site, so the council will foot the bill for the lighting.

However, I see your point in that LPS are utter crap in comparison to LED. LED use similar amounts of energy to LPS and give off a much better light source. Hence, they'd probably be able to space the fittings further apart if LEDs were used throughout, and a better light output would be given off!

The LPS lights need replacing with LED - and if one of them has a nasty buzzing noise coming from it, then that tells you that the ballast has overheated in the past and the copper windings in the ballast are starting to touch. That ballast needs replacing urgently before it shorts out.

Have a look here: http://synergylightingusa.com/how-to-te ... -replaced/ and see what you think. I know that this is for MH fittings but the principles (certainly with regards to the ballast and the color shift on the lamp) still apply to LPS lamps.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: The irony

Postby pinkteddyx64 » December 22nd, 2015, 10:13 pm

I'm just grateful as well that the lampposts aren't of the concrete variety! :eek:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:

Return to “Chat”