Tor Browser - do NOT update!

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

Tor Browser - do NOT update!

Postby spotify95 » October 16th, 2014, 10:27 pm

Aaah! I wish I hadn't updated my Tor Browser! :eek:

As you may be aware, Tor uses the ESR version of Firefox... however, it has installed the latest version, which might as well be called Tor-chrome! :eek: :D

A bit like Firefox 29+, which should be called Firechrome, or Mozilla Chrome!

Plus it lost all my bookmarks, including the DS forums! :mad:

Further, adding new bookmarks is now a right pain in the backside! Do NOT go to this new firechrome version!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Tor Browser - do NOT update!

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 17th, 2014, 2:21 am

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind and hold off for as long as possible! :thumbsup:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 17th, 2014, 2:22 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind and hold off for as long as possible! :thumbsup:

That's ok. :) I think I'll keep with the Firechrome version of Tor, unless I hate it enough.

However, I forgot to mention this, but every time you update Tor, it will lose your bookmarks. (Certainly in my experience.)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 17th, 2014, 4:39 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind and hold off for as long as possible! :thumbsup:

That's ok. :) I think I'll keep with the Firechrome version of Tor, unless I hate it enough.

However, I forgot to mention this, but every time you update Tor, it will lose your bookmarks. (Certainly in my experience.)
It didn't for me. :confused:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 17th, 2014, 7:17 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

How do you manage to update it then, without loosing it's bookmarks? :confused:

Every single update, it lost mine... is it because I have the browser in a folder on my desktop?

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 17th, 2014, 7:43 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

How do you manage to update it then, without loosing it's bookmarks? :confused:

Every single update, it lost mine... is it because I have the browser in a folder on my desktop?
I'm honestly unsure about the reason why. :dunno:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 17th, 2014, 9:43 pm

One thing I can say is that the new Tor Browser seems to be substantially faster than the old Tor Browser! Now, Tor Browser is almost at the same speed as the likes of the normal Chrome and Firechrome! :)

Return to “Chat”