DS Post Limit On Threads

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

DS Post Limit On Threads

Postby spotify95 » June 11th, 2019, 3:20 pm

Hi

Just a heads up. Threads are only meant to be 20,000 posts. After that feel free to start another thread and contact a moderator to close the thread that has reached 20,000. Feel free to start the next part of this thread and continue posting there. Thanks.

Taken from CTTM: https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t-p3/p7911

Looks like the era of very long threads is over, and DS are feeling that long threads are adding too much resources to their servers etc.

On a related note, DS' CTAMM is fast approaching where TSR's CTAMM got to, before support was pulled: https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... part-2/p53. It looks like DS will be beating TSR on that one, because we're not starting CTAMM up again.

But hey, at least we've got a good shot of beating DS on their CTAMIV. :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: DS Post Limit On Threads

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 11th, 2019, 3:24 pm

spotify95 wrote:
Hi

Just a heads up. Threads are only meant to be 20,000 posts. After that feel free to start another thread and contact a moderator to close the thread that has reached 20,000. Feel free to start the next part of this thread and continue posting there. Thanks.

Looks like the era of very long threads is over, and DS are feeling that long threads are adding too much resources to their servers etc.

On a related note, DS' CTAMM is fast approaching where TSR's CTAMM got to, before support was pulled: https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... part-2/p53. It looks like DS will be beating TSR on that one, because we're not starting CTAMM up again.

A little bit disappointing I'll admit, but at least DS can still boast to be better than TSR in one respect, the maximum posts limit being double the TSR one, the mere suggestion of a 20k instead of 10k limit on TSR would have the CT throw a fit at you!

I can't believe that the first ever CTAM part though got put in the CT only section just for being nearly at 20k though! :unimpressed: :mad:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 11th, 2019, 7:25 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
Hi

A little bit disappointing I'll admit, but at least DS can still boast to be better than TSR in one respect, the maximum posts limit being double the TSR one, the mere suggestion of a 20k instead of 10k limit on TSR would have the CT throw a fit at you!

I can't believe that the first ever CTAM part though got put in the CT only section just for being nearly at 20k though! :unimpressed: :mad:

It got put in MY "recycle bin" so only I can see it (in addition to the CT), but it won't open! It's too big to open in the recycle bin.
And it was the CT's idea of merging what was two separate parts into that one long part that is now too big for the site!

Trouble is, having 12k or 15k threads is absolutely fine. It was only when we got to 18k that it became a problem. So why fit an "auto lock" at 10k?!

Also, DS have managed to do over 100k threads at one point so they have no excuse in fitting a 20k soft limit in (by "Support" locking the threads).

Plus, DS has more counting threads than TSR (remember the big cull that we had, whereby we were only allowed to keep CTAM/CTAMM/CTAMIV/MTZ?) and they are all going quicker.
I also mis-calculated my results earlier; DS CTAMIV is at ~220k, which is about double the value of TSR's CTAMIV. DS also has a CTAMIW (probably started because someone saw the TSR version) and we're likely not going to win that version either.
So the only shot we have is MTZ - assuming DS haven't made an MTZ and it is more than about 9k posts in (though 9k posts in 5 years is rather shameful - hence why myself and Matrix are working to get that into P2).

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 11th, 2019, 8:04 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
Hi

It got put in MY "recycle bin" so only I can see it (in addition to the CT), but it won't open! It's too big to open in the recycle bin.
And it was the CT's idea of merging what was two separate parts into that one long part that is now too big for the site!

Trouble is, having 12k or 15k threads is absolutely fine. It was only when we got to 18k that it became a problem. So why fit an "auto lock" at 10k?!

Also, DS have managed to do over 100k threads at one point so they have no excuse in fitting a 20k soft limit in (by "Support" locking the threads).

Plus, DS has more counting threads than TSR (remember the big cull that we had, whereby we were only allowed to keep CTAM/CTAMM/CTAMIV/MTZ?) and they are all going quicker.
I also mis-calculated my results earlier; DS CTAMIV is at ~220k, which is about double the value of TSR's CTAMIV. DS also has a CTAMIW (probably started because someone saw the TSR version) and we're likely not going to win that version either.
So the only shot we have is MTZ - assuming DS haven't made an MTZ and it is more than about 9k posts in (though 9k posts in 5 years is rather shameful - hence why myself and Matrix are working to get that into P2).

If TSR weren't so on the ball with stamping out dupes, I'd help with MTZ, although I'm not sure if the recent numbers on it are even correct!

Do you think that if CTAMIW had been started before that big cull we had, that too would have been destined for the bin?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 11th, 2019, 10:33 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
Hi

If TSR weren't so on the ball with stamping out dupes, I'd help with MTZ, although I'm not sure if the recent numbers on it are even correct!

Do you think that if CTAMIW had been started before that big cull we had, that too would have been destined for the bin?

You wouldn't help out with MTZ, because I'd spot you and ask for your posts to be deleted (as is PBU policy) :p

Probably, because CTAMIW isn't the most popular of the counting threads. It doesn't get much attention, but thankfully, they've relaxed a bit now, so we're good :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 11th, 2019, 10:38 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
Hi

You wouldn't help out with MTZ, because I'd spot you and ask for your posts to be deleted (as is PBU policy) :p

Probably, because CTAMIW isn't the most popular of the counting threads. It doesn't get much attention, but thankfully, they've relaxed a bit now, so we're good :)

When TSR is on CTTM like DS is, will you still work hard to see it through like with CTAM or will you step down and only look out for dodgy posts? I think on here, once CTAM is done and dusted, that'll be it for me, not going through the same stress again for CTTM!

Return to “Chat”