DS - Limit of 20k Posts Per Thread?!

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

DS - Limit of 20k Posts Per Thread?!

Postby spotify95 » March 17th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Just checked a couple of DS' minor counting threads, and surprisingly, saw this:

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... hread/p982

Support wrote:Hi

This thread has surpassed our post limit of 20,000 posts. Please feel free to start another part of this thread as we'll now be closing this one for passing that point.

That's strange - I thought that DS could quite easily go up to 50k or even further?!

Plus, DS FS used to create new thread parts for users, regarding counting threads, or leave a link at the very least - so what is going on?!

@pinkteddyx64 @Kyx @Beer and Crisps

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: DS - Limit of 20k Posts Per Thread?!

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 17th, 2018, 11:25 pm

spotify95 wrote:Just checked a couple of DS' minor counting threads, and surprisingly, saw this:

This thread has surpassed our post limit of 20,000 posts. Please feel free to start another part of this thread as we'll now be closing this one for passing that point.

That's strange - I thought that DS could quite easily go up to 50k or even further?!

Plus, DS FS used to create new thread parts for users, regarding counting threads, or leave a link at the very least - so what is going on?!

At least it still beats TSR's limit, but not here's admittedly as of yet unknown limit. :sly:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 18th, 2018, 10:38 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Just checked a couple of DS' minor counting threads, and surprisingly, saw this:

At least it still beats TSR's limit, but not here's admittedly as of yet unknown limit. :sly:

Indeed, 10k posts is very low (especially for busy threads in Forum Games!) and what they should have done is invested in upgrading the servers, to handle larger threads (such as 20k+), rather than putting an auto lock feature in. In many cases, the new thread isn't titled correctly and due to this, the link to the next part doesn't even work!

I'm sure we could have engineered a better solution to this problem...

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 18th, 2018, 10:46 am

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Indeed, 10k posts is very low (especially for busy threads in Forum Games!) and what they should have done is invested in upgrading the servers, to handle larger threads (such as 20k+), rather than putting an auto lock feature in. In many cases, the new thread isn't titled correctly and due to this, the link to the next part doesn't even work!

Do you honestly think we will get to a million in one thread on here?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 18th, 2018, 12:23 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

If the thread completes, than yes we could, though seeing as though this is a small forum and there's not too much in the way of content that will slow down the server then I can't see why this wouldn't be an issue.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 18th, 2018, 2:20 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

If the thread completes, than yes we could, though seeing as though this is a small forum and there's not too much in the way of content that will slow down the server then I can't see why this wouldn't be an issue.

It's not a case of if the thread completes, it's when. :sly:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 18th, 2018, 4:07 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Not according to the time estimate that the TSR'ians gave us (Markov, Phirstman, MR etc) regarding this thread.

Once I've seen more progress I'll ask them to run another check on estimating when your thread will finish :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 18th, 2018, 4:10 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Not according to the time estimate that the TSR'ians gave us (Markov, Phirstman, MR etc) regarding this thread.

Once I've seen more progress I'll ask them to run another check on estimating when your thread will finish :)

But nobody ever thought it'd reach 200k by Christmas or even overtake the TSR one, now by nearly 50k!!!! :eek2:

And by more progress, do you mean reaching 300k?

Zak reckons we'll be finished by about 2020.

Speaking of which, fancy adding even just one to CTAM here? ;)

Return to “Chat”