TSR: New Smileys?!

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

TSR: New Smileys?!

Postby spotify95 » February 28th, 2018, 9:01 pm

TSR are planning to change their smileys to a new set of smileys, see here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showth ... ?t=5215716

It's the DS Smiley Change thing all over again. They're replacing the nice smileys that we've all loved - with new, plain, boring, dull and bland smileys that are inferior in any way.

Also note that the views of those in favor of keeping the old smileys, are being ignored...

Think we need to manually import every single TSR smiley, put it into a safe place (potentially a separate list compared to ours?) and then copy it whenever we need to refer back to a smiley. It'll put more load on their site, by having more attachment - so will slow their site down.

We need to save the smileys!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: TSR: New Smileys?!

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 1st, 2018, 8:23 am

spotify95 wrote:TSR are planning to change their smileys to a new set of smileys, see here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showth ... ?t=5215716

It's the DS Smiley Change thing all over again. They're replacing the nice smileys that we've all loved - with new, plain, boring, dull and bland smileys that are inferior in any way.

Also note that the views of those in favor of keeping the old smileys, are being ignored...

Think we need to manually import every single TSR smiley, put it into a safe place (potentially a separate list compared to ours?) and then copy it whenever we need to refer back to a smiley. It'll put more load on their site, by having more attachment - so will slow their site down.

We need to save the smileys!

Funny as I was about to post about this exact same issue.

I agree with you in every way though, and you'll notice that the vast majority of the emoticons TSR uses from :) :( etc to :rofl: :unimpressed: etc are in use on here and I can tell you now, hell will freeze over before I remove a single emoticon from TBAAJ, so if in worse case scenario TSR give us all a big fuck you response and changes the emoticons, you are welcome to refer to the relevant emoticon you need from here. So for example, put this: images/smilies/smile.png in an image embed tag next to your post if you want to use :) to someone but it's fallen victim to the change.

I think if I still was pinkteddyx64 on TSR I'd ask for my account to be shut down if they do change the emoticons.

Finally, I know you hate the SD forums, but they up until about 3 years ago were using very shit emoticons but suddenly replaced them with these decent ones such as :) :( :rolleyes: ;) etc.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:

Return to “Chat”