UPS have damaged my parcel in transit.

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

UPS have damaged my parcel in transit.

Postby spotify95 » February 21st, 2018, 8:03 pm

I sold something on eBay very recently and sent it via UPS, it was a relatively fragile item but I knew it would be fine to ship because I received it through the post myself (and it was fine). The item in question was a set of festoon mains lights, that I was going to use in my store room (but decided to sell for a profit instead).

All was going well as expected, until yesterday, where the tracking showed "exceeds service limitations". Now I know that it was fine to send, as the dimensions of the parcel were well within the limits, and the weight was way under (4.9-5kgs on a 10kg label).

Today I check tracking and it showed that the parcel was damaged and is being returned to me. Great - jut what I wanted!

These lights has survived one parcel journey with no problem at all, and were perfectly fine in my store room - but their fate seems to have been met in the hands of a dodgy UPS courier throwing them about...

I'm now having to try to get the courier to deliver the item (albeit damaged) to the recipient's address, so that they get the item - as I do not know what the extent of the damage is, if any at all.

All of my (and @Kyx's) efforts have gone to absolutely nothing!

At least the item is easily repairable, and can be sent out again with new bulbs, if it is just a bulb that was broken...

Tracking Link: https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/pro ... 6834842286

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: UPS have damaged my parcel in transit.

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 21st, 2018, 9:26 pm

spotify95 wrote:I sold something on eBay very recently and sent it via UPS, it was a relatively fragile item but I knew it would be fine to ship because I received it through the post myself (and it was fine). The item in question was a set of festoon mains lights, that I was going to use in my store room (but decided to sell for a profit instead).

All was going well as expected, until yesterday, where the tracking showed "exceeds service limitations". Now I know that it was fine to send, as the dimensions of the parcel were well within the limits, and the weight was way under (4.9-5kgs on a 10kg label).

Today I check tracking and it showed that the parcel was damaged and is being returned to me. Great - jut what I wanted!

These lights has survived one parcel journey with no problem at all, and were perfectly fine in my store room - but their fate seems to have been met in the hands of a dodgy UPS courier throwing them about...

I'm now having to try to get the courier to deliver the item (albeit damaged) to the recipient's address, so that they get the item - as I do not know what the extent of the damage is, if any at all.

All of my (and @Kyx's) efforts have gone to absolutely nothing!

At least the item is easily repairable, and can be sent out again with new bulbs, if it is just a bulb that was broken...

Tracking Link: https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/pro ... 6834842286

I'm pretty sure BBC Watchdog would be interested in hearing about your case.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » February 26th, 2018, 9:16 pm

And... it's absolutely smashed! Thank you very much UPS!

Will now have to repair the damage that UPS have caused, with some Poundland LEDs going in the places the old smashed bulbs were...

Having to claim now for compensation. They'd better pay up

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 26th, 2018, 10:41 pm

spotify95 wrote:And... it's absolutely smashed! Thank you very much UPS!

Will now have to repair the damage that UPS have caused, with some Poundland LEDs going in the places the old smashed bulbs were...

If they don't pay up, sue them. :sly:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » February 27th, 2018, 6:47 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:And... it's absolutely smashed! Thank you very much UPS!

If they don't pay up, sue them. :sly:

I've put a claim in - and based on on the item/contents, I'd take them to small claims for negligence if they refused to pay up :p

Return to “Chat”