Weird Virgin Super Hub shenanigan

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Weird Virgin Super Hub shenanigan

Postby lucozadesp0rt » December 19th, 2017, 2:14 pm

Wifis just been acting up lately. Was working fine this morning, then all of a sudden the router stops working. I could connect to it but not to the Internet. The tick LED was completely off, the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz LEDs were blue but the double arrow LED was flashing green? Never had this before but just now it started working again :confused:

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Weird Virgin Super Hub shenanigan

Postby spotify95 » December 19th, 2017, 3:51 pm

coleslaw wrote:Wifis just been acting up lately. Was working fine this morning, then all of a sudden the router stops working. I could connect to it but not to the Internet. The tick LED was completely off, the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz LEDs were blue but the double arrow LED was flashing green? Never had this before but just now it started working again :confused:

Is this the latest Super Hub v3.0? I'm with Virgin (through no choice of my own, I think they're shit) and I occasionally get this as well.

I don't have any 2.4GHz/5GHz LEDs (my phone and laptop connect to whatever is best, my tablet only does 2.4GHz) but the double arrows flashing green (or in my case, staying green) usually means a software update to the router. If it stays like it for more than 10 minutes, I restart the router and it works (usually).

That is with the VM Superhub 3.0. I don't know what the Hub 2.0 is like, and the Hub 1.0 was different (I used to have a Hub 1.0 but got it upgraded to a Hub 3.0).

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » December 19th, 2017, 4:12 pm

coleslaw wrote:Wifis just been acting up lately. Was working fine this morning, then all of a sudden the router stops working. I could connect to it but not to the Internet. The tick LED was completely off, the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz LEDs were blue but the double arrow LED was flashing green? Never had this before but just now it started working again :confused:

It's been happening to me too for some odd reason.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 19th, 2017, 4:14 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I thought you weren't with Virgin anymore though?

Luckily things are working OK for me - with the exception of a couple of nights ago, whereby I had to rely on 4G tethering instead, as it wouldn't connect!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » December 19th, 2017, 4:55 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Luckily things are working OK for me - with the exception of a couple of nights ago, whereby I had to rely on 4G tethering instead, as it wouldn't connect!

Or should I say my mum when I was at her house last night.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » December 27th, 2017, 1:13 am

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

We looked at other providers but my Mamar is stubborn and does not want to change because apparantly the virgin home phone package we have with international calls which she uses a lot is the best one

Return to “Chat”