Royal Mail Community: A bit of moaning...

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

Royal Mail Community: A bit of moaning...

Postby spotify95 » December 13th, 2017, 8:36 pm

I've just found that Royal Mail have their own community, or so it seems...

See here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/

No idea whether it's an official part of RM, or what. But it's using stock phpBB, which looks ugly.

I also couldn't even register/logon without messing about with my browser settings, to get rid of a rather annoying ad blocker popup. I'm not disabling my adblocker for anyone.
After all this, I have no scroll bar and can only use my keyboard to navigate up/down the page...

Anyway, without further ado, after all of this agro, I managed to get some posts down regarding their community in general, and RM's ridiculous pricing structure.
You'll know what I mean if you've read my guide to different couriers in the Marketplace area.

Let me know what you think, what I should post more about, and how long the account will actually last.

Enjoy!

@pinkteddyx64 @Kyx
Attachments
rm prices 2.png
rm prices 2.png (238.21 KiB) Viewed 7627 times
royal mail prices.png
royal mail prices.png (224.55 KiB) Viewed 7627 times
royal mail unhappy.png
royal mail unhappy.png (217.07 KiB) Viewed 7627 times

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Royal Mail Community: A bit of moaning...

Postby pinkteddyx64 » December 13th, 2017, 9:32 pm

@spotify95 Time to fire up a proxy and post a few "Can I's" on there, I think. :sly:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 14th, 2017, 3:33 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote: @spotify95 Time to fire up a proxy and post a few "Can I's" on there, I think. :sly:

As if by magic, the thread I made about the adblocker has completely vanished!

Hence, this thread: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =7&t=83294

Seriously, make sure your site is welcoming and actually works on all devices! If you can't afford to run it ad free, have ads on there and potentially a pay-to-view system if you don't want ads, because at £5 for 500 views (a la TSR), it would actually be reasonably priced on the RMC.
But firstly make sure your site works fine to those who are prepared to view ads.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » December 14th, 2017, 4:58 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote: @spotify95 Time to fire up a proxy and post a few "Can I's" on there, I think. :sly:

Seriously, make sure your site is welcoming and actually works on all devices! If you can't afford to run it ad free, have ads on there and potentially a pay-to-view system if you don't want ads, because at £5 for 500 views (a la TSR), it would actually be reasonably priced on the RMC.
But firstly make sure your site works fine to those who are prepared to view ads.

I wonder if that forum has it's own James_W equivalent. :teehee:

Also, I might post that I feel like I'm being taken for a cunt because I had to be logged in to view forums. :#

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 4th, 2018, 1:30 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Also, I might post that I feel like I'm being taken for a cunt because I had to be logged in to view forums. :#

Well, I've just updated my thread about the parcel prices, due to RM's latest price increase... Why price yourself out of the market !

People won't use Royal Mail for parcels because other alternatives are cheaper... When I first started selling on eBay, in early 2016, Royal Mail was £2.80 for a small parcel. I didn't know about MyHermes as it wasn't an option for me then.
Nowadays, £2.79 gets you a MyHermes service (which is often seen as a substandard courier), and Royal Mail will be £2.95 for the same parcel! Medium parcels, which are £3.99 MyHermes or £4.70 CollectPlus, are now £5.05 Royal Mail - and regarding parcels over 2kg, the less said about Royal Mail (and Parcelforce!), the better.

@pinkteddyx64 @Kyx

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 4th, 2018, 2:18 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Well, I've just updated my thread about the parcel prices, due to RM's latest price increase... Why price yourself out of the market !

People won't use Royal Mail for parcels because other alternatives are cheaper... When I first started selling on eBay, in early 2016, Royal Mail was £2.80 for a small parcel. I didn't know about MyHermes as it wasn't an option for me then.
Nowadays, £2.79 gets you a MyHermes service (which is often seen as a substandard courier), and Royal Mail will be £2.95 for the same parcel! Medium parcels, which are £3.99 MyHermes or £4.70 CollectPlus, are now £5.05 Royal Mail - and regarding parcels over 2kg, the less said about Royal Mail (and Parcelforce!), the better.

@pinkteddyx64 @Kyx

Royal Mail was apparently cheaper before privatisation in October 2013.

If Royal Mail got taken over by a foreign company, would you support it if it meant that the prices were lowered or would you still bemoan the loss of another British company?

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 24th, 2019, 12:05 pm

Here we go again... RM Fail time!

Worst courier company in the world? I reckon so!

Thread link: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =6&t=90810
Attachments
RMFail.png
RMFail.png (237.41 KiB) Viewed 6011 times

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 24th, 2019, 1:39 pm

spotify95 wrote:Here we go again... RM Fail time!

Worst courier company in the world? I reckon so!

Thread link: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =6&t=90810

Time to fire up a proxy, methinks. :sly:

Return to “Chat”