TSR has now hit 5 million threads on its database!

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

TSR has now hit 5 million threads on its database!

Postby spotify95 » October 15th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Well well... I can now announce that TSR has managed to get to 5 million threads on its database as of today!

Of course, this includes "invalid" threads or binned threads, but it's official.

The closest thread I could find, that was active (i.e. not binned/invalid/deleted) is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showth ... ?t=5000002

Note the number after the t=, which denotes the thread number.

That must be a pretty powerful server to handle 5 million threads, as well as all of the user profiles, PMs etc!

As for this forum, I doubt it will ever see 50,000 threads - let alone 5 million.... This thread is only thread 1137.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: TSR has now hit 5 million threads on its database!

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 15th, 2017, 6:18 pm

spotify95 wrote:Well well... I can now announce that TSR has managed to get to 5 million threads on its database as of today!

Of course, this includes "invalid" threads or binned threads, but it's official.

The closest thread I could find, that was active (i.e. not binned/invalid/deleted) is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showth ... ?t=5000002

That must be a pretty powerful server to handle 5 million threads, as well as all of the user profiles, PMs etc!

As for this forum, I doubt it will ever see 50,000 threads - let alone 5 million.... This thread is only thread 1137.

No wonder they supposedly struggle with threads larger than 10k posts! :doh2:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 16th, 2017, 9:49 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Well well... I can now announce that TSR has managed to get to 5 million threads on its database as of today!

I believe that it is probably a server/vBulletin issue that is mostly responsible, though having seen how they split threads when binning dodgy posts (often each binned post gets its own thread) they could easily save a good 100,000 threads (maybe more) if they did a proper cleanup of things and merged all if the threads where appropriate. If they were short of time/manpower, I'd happily do the merging of threads for them. Binned posts/threads from years ago could even be removed from the server.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 16th, 2017, 1:40 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I believe that it is probably a server/vBulletin issue that is mostly responsible, though having seen how they split threads when binning dodgy posts (often each binned post gets its own thread) they could easily save a good 100,000 threads (maybe more) if they did a proper cleanup of things and merged all if the threads where appropriate. If they were short of time/manpower, I'd happily do the merging of threads for them. Binned posts/threads from years ago could even be removed from the server.

But if there were any seemingly legitimate threads that had been binned, such as a thread I started about my dog, would you restore it, or in the case of individual posts such as the CTAMM posts, put them back in the correct thread?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:

Return to “Chat”