Fake lithium ion cells

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
spotify95
A jungle man

Fake lithium ion cells

Postby spotify95 » September 26th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Please do not buy fake lithium ion cells!

There are hundreds of them out there - many on eBay/Amazon etc, claiming absurdly high capacities.

The manufacturing limit on an 18650 Li-Ion cell is Panasonic's 3400mAh battery (NCR18650B?) - anything higher than that is utter bullshit.

With that said, here's a video that someone else has done, regarding fake batteries. These were claiming 9900mAh capacity, which is a load of bull, because the actual capacity (measured on a Turnigy balance charger) was anything from 400 to 600mAh. Not 9900mAh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o9BZOVqUlY

Please do not buy these shitty cells (especially any brand with fire in its name, such as trust fire or ultra fire), particularly the £1 per cell ones with absurdly high capacities. If you're on a budget, and need to spend £1 per cell, get the Li-Ion batteries that I (and others) are selling, that have been taken out of laptops/power tools and capacity checked!

JessPlaysGames

Re: Fake lithium ion cells

Postby JessPlaysGames » September 26th, 2017, 9:59 pm

Make a video about it :p

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Fake lithium ion cells

Postby spotify95 » September 26th, 2017, 11:05 pm

Kyx wrote:Make a video about it :p

There's so many videos about fake lithium ion cells though, would I really be adding to anything if I made me own video about it?

We can just link to things on here and hopefully we can get enough people looking here for stuff :yep:

Return to “Chat”