Aldi car park lighting

Talk about anything that takes your fancy in this forum (within reason of course)! Includes a dedicated sub-forum for forum games. :cool:
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Aldi car park lighting

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 7th, 2017, 9:56 pm

I noticed that my local Aldi has had the car park resurfaced and it's metal halide lighting (which was doing that greenish tinge thing) replaced with LED ones.

@spotify95

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Aldi car park lighting

Postby spotify95 » September 7th, 2017, 10:17 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:I noticed that my local Aldi has had the car park resurfaced and it's metal halide lighting (which was doing that greenish tinge thing) replaced with LED ones.

@spotify95

Awesome stuff! :D Great to see metal halide technology finally getting replaced with LED.

LED is a very good technology and is suited for a wide variety of fixtures and applications - before LED, the only way of getting high intensity lights were either LPS, HPS, MH or MV - all of which have severe disadvantages compared to LED.

(Btw, did you manage to salvage any of the old MHs?)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 7th, 2017, 10:23 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:I noticed that my local Aldi has had the car park resurfaced and it's metal halide lighting (which was doing that greenish tinge thing) replaced with LED ones.

@spotify95

Awesome stuff! :D Great to see metal halide technology finally getting replaced with LED.

LED is a very good technology and is suited for a wide variety of fixtures and applications - before LED, the only way of getting high intensity lights were either LPS, HPS, MH or MV - all of which have severe disadvantages compared to LED.

Nope. :(

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 7th, 2017, 10:32 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

@spotify95

Nevermind.... Hopefully we'll be more lucky elsewhere. :) Don't forget to keep an eye open for salvaging old lights for re-purposing them :)

Btw, did you see the thread I created about a bulb with an inherent design flaw?

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 7th, 2017, 10:41 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

@spotify95

Nevermind.... Hopefully we'll be more lucky elsewhere. :) Don't forget to keep an eye open for salvaging old lights for re-purposing them :)

Btw, did you see the thread I created about a bulb with an inherent design flaw?

:yep:

I've been keeping an eye out for the LPS lights on a road I travel down regularly being replaced as scheduled by the council for this month. (Search Google Maps for Messingham Road Scunthorpe and look on Street View and you'll see LPS lights).

Return to “Chat”