We are not showing up on the top 2 pages of Google...

Discuss music, TV programmes, channels, radio stations, photography and film, media celebrities and also print and online media here, plus the technical aspects of television.
spotify95
A jungle man

We are not showing up on the top 2 pages of Google...

Postby spotify95 » February 18th, 2014, 11:38 am

...when we search for "the brits are a joke".
How are we supposed to get new members on our board when we can't be found on Google? :(

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: We are not showing up on the top 2 pages of Google...

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 18th, 2014, 12:26 pm

We've only just begun, that's why. Plus, I'm sure certain users at Smeggys wouldn't mind you recommending this site to them. :thumbsup:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » February 18th, 2014, 6:53 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:We've only just begun, that's why. Plus, I'm sure certain users at Smeggys wouldn't mind you recommending this site to them. :thumbsup:

Like which users would they be? If crumbs saw me post on there, he'd bash me yet again! And probably report me for advertising! :(

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 18th, 2014, 7:25 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:We've only just begun, that's why. Plus, I'm sure certain users at Smeggys wouldn't mind you recommending this site to them. :thumbsup:

Like which users would they be? If crumbs saw me post on there, he'd bash me yet again! And probably report me for advertising! :(
Smeggypants himself, plus any other user apart from crumbs and Scott Nelson, (whom I believe to be both the same fucking user). :thumbsup:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » February 18th, 2014, 7:35 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Smeggypants himself, plus any other user apart from crumbs and Scott Nelson, (whom I believe to be both the same fucking user). :thumbsup:

Scott Nelson doesn't seem to be as harsh as Crumbs though.

However, I will do so. :)

Could we enforce a "multiple accounts rule", in that we allow one account per person? :) That way that wouldn't happen to us.
Also, "registering an account after having been banned (temporarily or permanently) is not permitted and will result in all linked accounts being terminated". Certainly on here, that is :D

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 18th, 2014, 9:07 pm

spotify95 wrote:
Could we enforce a "multiple accounts rule", in that we allow one account per person? :) That way that wouldn't happen to us.
Also, "registering an account after having been banned (temporarily or permanently) is not permitted and will result in all linked accounts being terminated". Certainly on here, that is :D

OH YES!!!! :D :D :D :D

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 20th, 2014, 4:48 pm

Woo! Our welcome thread has now made it up onto the third page of Google. Keep up the good work :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 20th, 2014, 5:13 pm

spotify95 wrote:Woo! Our welcome thread has now made it up onto the third page of Google. Keep up the good work :)
What exactly did you type into Google Search to bring that up on the 3rd page, may I ask? ^_^

I typed in "the brits are a joke" (obviously without the quotes)

Hopefully we can do something to get our site onto the first page :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 3rd, 2015, 10:07 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Woo! Our welcome thread has now made it up onto the third page of Google. Keep up the good work :)
What exactly did you type into Google Search to bring that up on the 3rd page, may I ask? ^_^

I typed in "the brits are a joke" (obviously without the quotes)

Hopefully we can do something to get our site onto the first page :)

One year on from when the thread was first created, and I have just typed "the brits are a joke" again into Google.

The "General Discussion" forum of this site appears on the 3rd page.

I wonder, is there anything we can do to improve this? Like, get onto the first 2 pages? Getting the site further up the Google rankings will probably get more users joining the site, don't you think?

(In case you were wondering, the information is relevant to the thread, hence why I replied)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 3rd, 2015, 10:13 pm

Maybe start some more discussions?

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 3rd, 2015, 10:40 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:Maybe start some more discussions?

Good idea - that will revitalize this forum and (hopefully!) attract new users.
I'll definitely be around more often, and a larger selection of threads/topics should help with our search issue.

Return to “Media”