Weird Google language messup?

Discuss music, TV programmes, channels, radio stations, photography and film, media celebrities and also print and online media here, plus the technical aspects of television.
lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Weird Google language messup?

Postby lucozadesp0rt » January 27th, 2018, 5:00 pm

Was looking up the current scores for forest v Hull FA Cup fourth round and I get this

Notice the forest player who scored in the 88th min is written in a different language for no apparent reason. I tried refreshing the page and it still comes up like this. The weirder thing is, I know Vellios scored, a Greek player, and that writing is definitely not Greek. It looks more like sanskrit or Thai. Anyone know why this is happening? :confused:

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Re: Weird Google language messup?

Postby unturned_cake » November 3rd, 2019, 7:59 am

coleslaw wrote:Was looking up the current scores for forest v Hull FA Cup fourth round and I get this

Notice the forest player who scored in the 88th min is written in a different language for no apparent reason. I tried refreshing the page and it still comes up like this. The weirder thing is, I know Vellios scored, a Greek player, and that writing is definitely not Greek. It looks more like sanskrit or Thai. Anyone know why this is happening? :confused:

you're close enuf dats hindi :thumbsup: n youre ryt it says Vellios :)
google needed a brek ig? :rofl:

lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » November 5th, 2019, 1:57 pm

unturned_cake wrote:
coleslaw wrote:Was looking up the current scores for forest v Hull FA Cup fourth round and I get this

you're close enuf dats hindi :thumbsup: n youre ryt it says Vellios :)
google needed a brek ig? :rofl:

my amateur interest in linguistics pays off :D you speak hindi? I couldnt find any mention of a similar problem online and it's only happened that once. I didn't bother reporting it!
Liking the avi btw :thumbsup:

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » November 5th, 2019, 8:08 pm

@lucozadesp0rt
Yep it did :D ( i can read a bit :) )
Wud hav been a serious issue if it had often :rofl:
Thnx :)

Return to “Media”