Giffgaff Data (it's got a lot better!)

Discuss music, TV programmes, channels, radio stations and media celebrities and also print and online media here, plus the technical aspects of television.

Moderator: pinkteddyx64

princechromey
Founder and the king of TBAAJ

Giffgaff Data (it's got a lot better!)

Postby princechromey » Aug 11th, 2017, 19:38

Hi,

I've just seen an update on the Giffgaff Community, with regards to how their data works. You can see it here:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Annou ... p/20690313

Basically put, their changes have been very positive indeed - my local 4G mast used to do between 3-5Mbps down on both 4G and 3G. Giffgaff really struggled for data previously.

However, after some behind the scenes stuff (probably with talks with O2) the data speeds have massively increased. I ran a speed test on 4G and got 26Mbps download, which is much better than before. I couldn't test the upload, nor could I test 3G, because I ran out of credit - but if this is indicative of how Giffgaff will perform then I would definitely recommend them as a mobile network to use (in fact, I'd even go as far as recommending it as a primary network, provided that you used less than 6GB data per month and took part in the Payback scheme).

If you need a SIM then just let me know as I have a load with me, and can either post or give you a link to my affiliate page.

pinkteddyx64
Co-founder

Re: Giffgaff Data (it's got a lot better!)

Postby pinkteddyx64 » Aug 11th, 2017, 19:45

princechromey wrote:Hi,

I've just seen an update on the Giffgaff Community, with regards to how their data works. You can see it here:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Annou ... p/20690313

Basically put, their changes have been very positive indeed - my local 4G mast used to do between 3-5Mbps down on both 4G and 3G. Giffgaff really struggled for data previously.

However, after some behind the scenes stuff (probably with talks with O2) the data speeds have massively increased. I ran a speed test on 4G and got 26Mbps download, which is much better than before. I couldn't test the upload, nor could I test 3G, because I ran out of credit - but if this is indicative of how Giffgaff will perform then I would definitely recommend them as a mobile network to use (in fact, I'd even go as far as recommending it as a primary network, provided that you used less than 6GB data per month and took part in the Payback scheme).

If you need a SIM then just let me know as I have a load with me, and can either post or give you a link to my affiliate page.

Amazing. :thumbsup:

Expect to see this reposted with a James_W impostor on the VM Community. :yep:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:

Return to “The media world”