eBay "name and shame" thread

Got something to sell to us on eBay or Gumtree etc? Post about it here. :H
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Ebay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 12th, 2018, 10:59 pm

spotify95 wrote:Now then, is this just me, or is February 2018 the month of dodgy buyers?! This is the 3rd time in a few days that I've had to update this list...

Here we have an absolute gem. I didn't think this would ever happen, but here goes...

User in question: jimmynock38

This buyer didn't even have the chance to pay for their item - because I wasn't going to allow them to insult me in the way that they did, regarding eBay's "Best Offer" feature.

Now, to clarify this feature to those who are eBay novices: if you see a listing that has a "Best Offer", and you don't want to pay the full price, then you send the seller a sensible offer that you are willing to pay. You don't waste their time with silly, ridiculous, insulting offers... and if you don't want to pay close to the asking price, you look elsewhere.

So what do you think my reaction would be to someone offering less than 1/3rd of what I am asking?!

This person made an offer on my string of 48ft festoon lights (24 bulb holders total), which I have up for sale at £65. Looking on eBay, this is near to the going rate for festoon strings, plus it gives myself (and @Kyx who helped me out with these lights) a bit of profit when they sell. They are in good condition, so are worth the asking price (or close to it).
So imagine my reaction when I get offered just £20 for the set of lights, including P&P?

£20 will not buy the light string, ever.... It will only just buy the lightbulbs that are supplied with it (and then you'd still have to find a fitting to use with said light bulbs). If I sold that string for £20, then I would make £11.50 after fees and postage deductions, i.e. almost a £30 loss. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

When I last looked, £20 including postage would only just buy you a string of 10 festoon lights from the Far East; the aforementioned lights will be of questionable quality, will take over a week to arrive (unlike my choice of next day courier), and certainly won't include any light bulbs...

I'd rather put the lights back up in the room that I was going to use them in, and give the area a nice bit of additional light...

Moral of the story: Be sensible with your offers and don't insult sellers by "offering" 1/3rd of the asking price! If you want cheap lights, or want to give insulting offers, look at other sellers' listings - not mine!

Action: Offer refused (obviously...). Jimmynock38, you won't get a chance to revise your offer and submit a sensible offer, because you're also banned from purchasing from me! Now be gone.... and stay gone!

See attachments for more evidence/reasoning.... I have only decided to blank out their residential address because I am in a nice mood.
I bet your morals regardless of your mood would stop you ousting their address. ;)

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 11th, 2018, 10:50 am

Time for another update....

User in question: ewagarne-0

Reason: did not pay for item. I am always suspicious of 0 feedback buyers as they are usually the ones to cause trouble regarding non payments. This member was no exception - did not pay after several reminders and an unpaid item case being opened. Probably a duplicate account of someone else, to cause disruption to sellers.

They have had an unpaid item strike applied to their account and are unwelcome from purchasing from me again. I will also change my settings so that people with less than a certain amount of feedbacks will have to contact me prior to purchase.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 16th, 2018, 3:37 pm

spotify95 wrote:Time for another update....

Reason: did not pay for item. I am always suspicious of 0 feedback buyers as they are usually the ones to cause trouble regarding non payments. This member was no exception - did not pay after several reminders and an unpaid item case being opened. Probably a duplicate account of someone else, to cause disruption to sellers.

They have had an unpaid item strike applied to their account and are unwelcome from purchasing from me again. I will also change my settings so that people with less than a certain amount of feedbacks will have to contact me prior to purchase.

I'll give it another month before you find another deadbeat buyer. :(

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 16th, 2018, 5:46 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Deadbeat buyers are a pain in the backside. The majority of buyers will co-operate with you - such as the buyer of a job lot of batteries I was listing. Had to end the listing early due to access issues with the battery lot in question, so sold the batteries to what was the high bidder. Explained that they would need to pay that evening to avoid a cancellation - sure enough, batteries paid for that evening and batteries dispatched today. Excellent! :)

It's the minority who either (a) don't co-operate, or (b) flat out refuse to contact you and don't pay, that upset eBay selling for the vast majority - and it's that small minority that this N&S thread is for - so that other eBay sellers can immediately block such timewasters and save themselves the hassle.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 18th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Okay, here's a special one. I wasn't expecting this!

Our next deserving victim of this list is:

patricmill94

They deserve a special mention. Maybe they don't know how to properly leave Feedback, but they left me a positive comment.... and gave me a neutral! Neutral feedbacks are only supposed to be given if there is a problem; if you are happy with the transaction, then leave a positive!

Their comment was as follows: "Delivered and quality as expected" so if you're happy with the item (an FM rooftop aerial) then you should leave a positive! I can't see exactly what stars they gave me, as eBay have sneakily removed the function of generating reports, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they dinged my stars unreasonably.

And for the record, there were no problems with the transaction, as they haven't sent me any messages or communications (therefore, the item was as described - as I always describe my items accurately), and the tracking information shows that the item was delivered on time and with no issues.

Mis-use of the feedback is against eBay's policies and therefore the feedback has been reported to eBay. You are also BANNED from purchasing from me ever again - no matter what address you live at. And don't create multi's to circumvent this as anyone else at your residential address will also be banned.

Now be gone - and learn how the feedback system works before leaving feedback to any other seller!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 1st, 2018, 11:27 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:

You said...? (And no, this isn't an April Fools joke...)

4th time unlucky for this list...
Here we go again, so soon after the last update...
Another deadbeat non paying bidder!

This time it's....

ttp1963

Reason: Made a bid quite early in the listing, on a job lot of batteries I was selling. Of course, they didn't pay when the auction ended. They have since not paid at all, despite having multiple invoices sent to them, multiple payment reminders, private messages warning them of what would happen if they didn't pay, and an unpaid item case opening after the 2nd day of non-payment. (It is standard practice to open an unpaid item case after 48 hours if no contact is made and no payment is forthcoming.)

They had a total of 6 days to pay (including the 4 days the unpaid item case was open), and no payment has been received. They did not have an excuse, as eBay send you a message if any type of case is opened against you.The total price of the battery job lot was £2.20 plus P&P, so there is no excuse regarding not being able to afford the item. If you can't afford £6 (the total transaction cost, including postage) then you should not be buying on eBay.

Please note what I previously wrote, multiple times before:

Reminder to all: if you are going to bid on an item of mine, make sure you actually want it and that you have the means to pay for it! If you decide you want to change your mind, contact me via the eBay messaging system and I might agree to cancel the order. But if you do want to cancel the order, communicate - don't just sit there and not pay!

Not paying for an item you've bid on wastes my time (I have to relist) and also other people's time, especially if there are multiple bids (as in this case) and the under bidder then doesn't accept a 2nd Chance offer as they are no longer interested. I've sent the 2nd Chance Offer through to the underbidder - let's just hope they accept. Otherwise I'll have to waste more time in relisting the item.
Make sure you have the means to pay BEFORE bidding as placing a bid is a legally binding contract to buy the item if you win.

Non paying bidders are not welcome on my eBay listings as they just waste my time chasing them about, especially when there are people out there who want the item and are willing to pay for it. As stated above, making a bid is a legally binding contract and non payers can affect other legitimate people who wanted to bid on the items. This buyer has now been banned from purchasing from me ever again.

ttp1963, you are not welcome on any of my eBay listings again. Be gone and stay gone!

:banned:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 2nd, 2018, 12:05 am

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

This time it's....

ttp1963

Reason: Made a bid quite early in the listing, on a job lot of batteries I was selling. Of course, they didn't pay when the auction ended. They have since not paid at all, despite having multiple invoices sent to them, multiple payment reminders, private messages warning them of what would happen if they didn't pay, and an unpaid item case opening after the 2nd day of non-payment. (It is standard practice to open an unpaid item case after 48 hours if no contact is made and no payment is forthcoming.)

They had a total of 6 days to pay (including the 4 days the unpaid item case was open), and no payment has been received. They did not have an excuse, as eBay send you a message if any type of case is opened against you.The total price of the battery job lot was £2.20 plus P&P, so there is no excuse regarding not being able to afford the item. If you can't afford £6 (the total transaction cost, including postage) then you should not be buying on eBay.

Reminder to all: if you are going to bid on an item of mine, make sure you actually want it and that you have the means to pay for it! If you decide you want to change your mind, contact me via the eBay messaging system and I might agree to cancel the order. But if you do want to cancel the order, communicate - don't just sit there and not pay!

Not paying for an item you've bid on wastes my time (I have to relist) and also other people's time, especially if there are multiple bids (as in this case) and the under bidder then doesn't accept a 2nd Chance offer as they are no longer interested. I've sent the 2nd Chance Offer through to the underbidder - let's just hope they accept. Otherwise I'll have to waste more time in relisting the item.
Make sure you have the means to pay BEFORE bidding as placing a bid is a legally binding contract to buy the item if you win.

Non paying bidders are not welcome on my eBay listings as they just waste my time chasing them about, especially when there are people out there who want the item and are willing to pay for it. As stated above, making a bid is a legally binding contract and non payers can affect other legitimate people who wanted to bid on the items. This buyer has now been banned from purchasing from me ever again.

ttp1963, you are not welcome on any of my eBay listings again. Be gone and stay gone!

I wonder if we can get through a whole calendar month this year without you having to add anymore to this thread? :(

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 18th, 2018, 6:34 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

This time it's....

ttp1963

I wonder if we can get through a whole calendar month this year without you having to add anymore to this thread? :(

Almost !

It's now 5/18/18 and we have another special addition. Let me introduce you to...

decomda

This person left me a neutral feedback on a set of 10x batteries that they purchased from me, with their wording being "Item arrived very fast & well packaged. Sadly batteries do not hold charge long".

Well, if I was selling a brand new set of batteries, or a job lot of high capacity batteries, then I would accept that. But no, the item in question is a job lot of used AA/AAA Ni-Cd batteries, whose initial capacities were approx. 600mAh for the AA batteries or 250mAh for the AAA batteries.
Ni-Cd batteries are relatively low in capacity and have been superseded by high capacity Ni-MH batteries. Therefore, if you want high capacity batteries, you purchase some batteries that have more than 600mAh rated capacity!

In what in the following sentence is so hard to understand:

Tested on my Ni-Cd battery charger and all batteries charge up and hold a good charge (1.4V). Also tested on a portable radio and powers up fine. Capacity not checked/tested.

If the description states that the capacity has not been checked/the batteries have not been tested for total runtime, then there are no guarantees as to what the capacity will be like. I do not capacity test my Ni-Cd or Ni-MH batteries because I simply do not have the time to do so; capacity testing the batteries at the low currents that are required would result in far too much time being spent and the sale of the batteries in question not being feasible once electricity costs have been factored in.

Moreover, 600mAh or 250mAh is not a high capacity and will not deliver a long run time in a high drain device. The listing states that they are "ideal for low drain devices", whereby raw capacity and long run time is not a major requirement. So please make sure to read the listing and the item details/description before you click the "place bid" or "buy it now" button! If you want a long run time, buy high capacity Ni-MH, and not 600mAh or 250mAh Ni-Cd batteries!

I often have higher capacity batteries for sale anyway, and if not, then I have plenty of high capacity Ni-MH batteries available, so you could have just asked for the batteries that were more to your requirements, and I would have sold you some.

This person has been banned from purchasing from me again. Decomda, you are not welcome to purchase from me again, and when you purchase from other sellers, read the item description before you buy or bid! Now be gone and stay gone!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » June 3rd, 2018, 1:34 pm

myriad*seller added to the list.

angelah1847 added to the list.

Reason: derailing a topic I made on the eBay community and saying how I should be a business seller even though I am not a business.
Just because I buy some items to sell on for the most miniscule of profits (sometimes less than £1 - sometimes barely breaking even), or because I charged someone 1p for a Giffgaff SIM (in the hope of getting some Giffgaff Payback from new recruits via eBay) does not make me a business. I do not sell enough items to be a business and I certainly don't make enough money to become a business!

Unsurprisingly, the above people have also been added to my Ignore List. Now just leave me alone, don't derail any discussions I happen to make - and don't buy from me, either. :p Because you're not welcome! :D

plasticpiggie added to the list.

thunderboltme added to the list.

danielrlee1980 added to the list.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 25th, 2018, 5:44 pm

It's been a while, but here we go again...
How many more dead beat bidders am I going to get?

This time it's....

11mick1990

Reason: Placed multiple bids on a job lot of batteries I was selling and didn't pay when the auction ended. They did not pay at all during the previous 6 days, despite having multiple invoices sent to them, a payment reminder via eBay message, including a warning of what would happen if they didn't pay, and an unpaid item case opening after the 2nd day of non-payment. (It is standard practice to open an unpaid item case after 48 hours if no contact is made and no payment is forthcoming.)

They had a total of 6 days to pay (including the 4 days the unpaid item case was open), and no payment has been received. They did not have an excuse, as eBay send you a message if any type of case is opened against you.The total price of the battery job lot was £3.20 plus P&P, and the person made multiple bids on the item, so there is no excuse regarding not being able to afford the item. If you can't afford approx. £7 (the total transaction cost, including postage) then you should not be buying battery lots on eBay.

Please note what I previously wrote, multiple times before: (my stance on this has not changed since the first time this was posted)

Reminder to all: if you are going to bid on an item of mine, make sure you actually want it and that you have the means to pay for it! If you decide you want to change your mind, contact me via the eBay messaging system and I might agree to cancel the order. But if you do want to cancel the order, communicate with me - don't just sit there and not pay!

Not paying for an item you've bid on wastes my time, since I have to relist; and also other people's time. This is especially the case if there are multiple bids, as there were in this case, and the under bidder then doesn't accept a 2nd Chance offer as they are no longer interested. If my 2nd Chance Offer doesn't get accepted by my underbidder, I'll have to waste more time in relisting the item.

Non paying bidders are not welcome on my eBay listings as they just waste my time, especially when there are people out there who want the item and are willing to pay for it. As stated above, making a bid is a legally binding contract and non payers can affect other legitimate people who wanted to purchase the items. This buyer has now been banned from purchasing from me ever again.

11mick1990, you are not welcome on any of my eBay listings again. Be gone and stay gone!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 25th, 2018, 5:48 pm

spotify95 wrote:It's been a while, but here we go again...

This time it's....

11mick1990

Reason: Placed multiple bids on a job lot of batteries I was selling and didn't pay when the auction ended. They did not pay at all during the previous 6 days, despite having multiple invoices sent to them, a payment reminder via eBay message, including a warning of what would happen if they didn't pay, and an unpaid item case opening after the 2nd day of non-payment. (It is standard practice to open an unpaid item case after 48 hours if no contact is made and no payment is forthcoming.)

They had a total of 6 days to pay (including the 4 days the unpaid item case was open), and no payment has been received. They did not have an excuse, as eBay send you a message if any type of case is opened against you.The total price of the battery job lot was £3.20 plus P&P, and the person made multiple bids on the item, so there is no excuse regarding not being able to afford the item. If you can't afford approx. £7 (the total transaction cost, including postage) then you should not be buying battery lots on eBay.

Please note what I previously wrote, multiple times before: (my stance on this has not changed since the first time this was posted)

Reminder to all: if you are going to bid on an item of mine, make sure you actually want it and that you have the means to pay for it! If you decide you want to change your mind, contact me via the eBay messaging system and I might agree to cancel the order. But if you do want to cancel the order, communicate with me - don't just sit there and not pay!

Not paying for an item you've bid on wastes my time, since I have to relist; and also other people's time. This is especially the case if there are multiple bids, as there were in this case, and the under bidder then doesn't accept a 2nd Chance offer as they are no longer interested. If my 2nd Chance Offer doesn't get accepted by my underbidder, I'll have to waste more time in relisting the item.

Non paying bidders are not welcome on my eBay listings as they just waste my time, especially when there are people out there who want the item and are willing to pay for it. As stated above, making a bid is a legally binding contract and non payers can affect other legitimate people who wanted to purchase the items. This buyer has now been banned from purchasing from me ever again.

11mick1990, you are not welcome on any of my eBay listings again. Be gone and stay gone!

Oh dear, are we going to have these deadbeats at least once a month? :doh2: :rolleyes:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 25th, 2018, 7:31 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:It's been a while, but here we go again...

This time it's....

11mick1990

Oh dear, are we going to have these deadbeats at least once a month? :doh2: :rolleyes:

I hope not, but I don't want them at all, because they waste my time! And of course sellers are charged fees from eBay as soon as the item sells, regardless of payment. Hence you have to open an unpaid item dispute (and wait 6 days in total from when the item sells!) to get your fees reimbursed.
All whilst losing your chances of being able to sell your item to an underbidder...

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 23rd, 2018, 8:03 pm

This one gets rather interesting. It's a scenario that you never want to have to encounter as an eBay seller, but unfortunately, it has happened to me over the last few days or so.

The special buyer in question is...

spodenkiadidas1212

This transaction was doomed from the start. It was for a job lot of 8x legacy style PC mice. Most of them were the old ball style mice (rather than today's laser/wireless mice), and they were all using either the PS/2 connector or the Serial interface connector. (This was what PC mice used before USB became popular.) As such, these mice were being listed as for parts or not working only, since (a) most of the balls were missing and (b) I don't have any PCs that still use legacy PS/2 or Serial connectors.

So imagine my reaction to a message stating "whether these mice are functional and whether the auction price for all the mice from the photo".

The answer:
(a) Yes, everything that is photographed or listed in the description will be included unless stated otherwise.
(b) If it states "for parts or not working" in the condition description, and "completely untested" in the main listing (due to the above reasoning regarding legacy PC ports) then why would you ask if they are functional or working!

It gets worse...
Next question: "are these mice smooth?".
How am I supposed to know this when (a) most of the balls are missing, as stated in the description, and (b) I don't intend on using them anyway! Especially when they are stored in a different location to where I keep most of my other eBay items!

I won't list every single communication between myself and this buyer, but the general gist was that the buyer in question won the item, asked if they could pay up to 10 days later, and then requested to pay 5-7 days after the auction instead. This is pushing my patience, as it is unreasonable to wait 10 days before receiving payment. It is standard policy to open an unpaid item case if payment is not received within 2-4 days, NOT 10 days, or 5 to 7 days.
This also creates another problem: dispatching the item would require access, and therefore a commute, up to its storage location. Since I am already traveling up to a close by location, and therefore am able to access this storage location tomorrow (8/24/18), payment within 48 hours of the auction ending (Tues 8/21) would mean a Friday (8/24) dispatch. Waiting for 5-10 days for payment would require an additional out of the way commute, at my expense, thus resulting in a loss for the entire transaction.

They eventually paid today, Thursday 8/23/18, but just a few minutes after I receive payment, I get another message:

"resigning from the purchase request for a refund of the entire amount paid, please do not send me sorry for the situation and once again I ask for a refund of 7.10 GBP"

So after all this hassle, you want me to cancel the transaction and give you a full refund. Thank goodness I hadn't sent the item out, as I would have done so, had the item been at my usual location.
Anyway, haven't I covered this sort of thing before? Bidding on an item on eBay creates a legally binding contract - therefore if you want to bid on an item, you can only do so if: (a) you actually want to buy the item in the first place, not to mess up other buyers/the seller; (b) you have the funding available to do so, in a reasonable time frame; and (c) you meet the seller's requirements for purchasing on eBay (namely regarding unpaid item disputes and the Blocked Bidders List).

When this buyer made their bid, and therefore won the item, they did not meet requirement (b). They also potentially failed to meet requirement (a) as well, knowing that in the end, they would not want to continue with the transaction. And now, they certainly don't meet requirement (c).

Please remember that buying on eBay, or making a bid on an item, is a legally binding contract, and that once you have decided you want the item, you must go ahead with the transaction. Otherwise, it can make things very difficult for the seller, regarding the reimbursement of fees, and relisting at a suitable time. It can (and in this instance, will) disappoint other potential buyers who were outbid, as there were multiple bids on this item and a "2nd Chance Offer" may not work if the under-bidders are no longer interested.

spodenkiadidas1212, I hope you have caused enough trouble to me as an eBay seller. You are not to cause me any more trouble in the future - as you are now BANNED from purchasing from me again! Be gone, stay gone, and don't mess any more sellers around. Don't bid if you don't want the item!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 31st, 2018, 2:56 pm

It's time for another update. Usually, eBay is a nice, civil platform to buy and sell on, and there's not usually any vindictive buyers out there to try and cause havoc.
I say "usually", because there's always the odd troublemaker or so.

Today's troublemaker is:

gbmfreewheel

This buyer purchased a job lot of 6x 18650 Lithium Cells. These are the sorts of cells that you find in laptop batteries, and can be used to make DIY Powerwalls, EV/Ebike batteries, DIY Powerbanks, or any other electronic device/project that needs a high power, rechargeable battery.

So imagine my reaction to the feedback that they left earlier today... (8/31/18)

"Ridiculous packaging, stank and was really dirty"

Let me just state this: I would never send out an item that was unfit for purpose. I would never use poor quality packaging materials, or packaging materials that would not be adequate for the item in question.
The item was in good condition when it was wrapped up and dispatched (as the listing suggests). It was not smelly or "stinking". The packaging materials used were good quality and adequate for the task in question. The cells were not dirty - in fact, I made sure to clean them up as much as I could before dispatch (this is because some sticky tabs or pieces of plastic/metal can remain on the cells, from when they are disassembled from laptop battery packs).

Each cell is always wrapped up individually, in either paper or craft wrap, to prevent the cells from short circuiting against each other during the shipment. The group of cells (in this case, 6 cells) is then either wrapped up together and protected with sturdy cardboard/foam packaging, or placed in a suitably sized box with the gaps being infilled with newspaper, craft wrap, bubble wrap, or anything else that is deemed appropriate. This is then either placed inside a suitably sized Jiffy mailing bag, or a suitably sized box (with the box wrapped in parcel paper to conceal the contents of the parcel from the delivery workers).
Either way, the parcel is protected from damage, each individual item is protected against damaged/short circuits and the couriers/delivery staff won't be able to feel through the package to determine its contents (and then steal the contents).

Therefore, there is no way that the above packaging can be classed as "ridiculous", "stinking" or "really dirty".

This person has also left a neutral feedback, instead of the positive that most sellers leave, and also dinged my P&P star rating. It was previously at 4.9/5, but thanks to this buyer, it is now at 4.8/5. I cannot see the individual ratings that this person left - but it would not surprise me if they left a 1* or a 2* for this transaction.

Based on the above, I can almost certainly say that this buyer has left the feedback above in order to try and cause detriment to my selling, since they did not contact me prior to leaving feedback (most buyers would do this if they have a problem). Either that, or they have got confused with another purchase from another seller.

Needless to say, I am not happy about this situation, as leaving false feedback to cause detriment to another seller (or leaving malicious feedback) is not allowed under eBay's guidelines. The postage costs were only £3.80, which takes into account the price of the label/postage stamp, all of the packaging materials, the time taken to package/dispatch the item/drop it off at the Post Office or ParcelShop, and the relevant eBay and Paypal fees. I do not make a profit from P&P charges.

gbmfreewheel, you have caused enough trouble to me with your detrimental feedback comments and scores. You are now BANNED from purchasing from me again! I suggest that you learn to leave truthful feedback that is not vindictive towards sellers, before leaving any other feedback to anyone else. Be gone and stay gone!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 31st, 2018, 6:11 pm

Can we not get through just ONE calendar month without this thread needing updating? :rolleyes: :yawn:

(I'm tired of all these troublesome eBay users making it annoying for you.)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 1st, 2018, 11:08 pm

Another update to this list is forthcoming!

This time, it's:

mysiczek

Reason? Well, plagiarism? Theft of intellectual property? No attempt to reference my listings? Or just stealing my descriptions/titles as they see fit?

If you have a similar item to what someone else is selling, then fine, use their listing as a template to help you list your own item. But that's all you use it for. As a template. You then add in your details that are appropriate to your item, and make sure that the entire listing is in your own words (or create your own listing from the basis of the info you have from the other person.

Not in any circumstance do you just blanket copy and paste someone else's description or title into your listing and claim it as your own. Nor do you copy most of the listing from someone else, snip away the excess, and add in one line from yourself to change a slight detail.

In this example, the seller in question is listing some 18650 Lithium Ion batteries. That is fine, lots of people have them, so you can get guidance from other people's listings if you have nowhere to start. But you then add in your own wording/details as you see fit, you don't just plagiarize from someone else.

Here are two listings from this seller:
1) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292751240367
2) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292751308307

And here are a couple of my listings:
1) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253856318692 (you will need to click on the original item, as the listing has ended)
2) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253909411417

Note how they have just copied my listing description/title (in one case, virtually the entire title and most of the description!), removed the bits that they found to not be relevant, stuck a couple of extra bits in (e.g. voltage of cells, capacity/model of charger) and then just posted the listing?
They even have the same info about Paypal payments and postage requirements!

But hey, at least their photos are their own...
I haven't checked their other listings, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have copied more parts of my listings if they have other battery lots!

Blatantly copying listings from other sellers' listings and then posting them as your own breaks any sort of plagiarism rules/guidelines, is very poor practice, and is likely a violation of eBay's guidelines/terms and conditions. It is certainly not allowed to re-use other people's photos in your own listings, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if copy-pasting someone else's title and description almost word for word also falls short of the expected guidelines for selling.
If you are going to do this, at least give credit to the original seller. As sellers on eBay, we do not spend the time to create our own listings just for someone else to copy-paste them into their own and steal your hard work and efforts!

As a result, mysiczek, you are now BANNED from purchasing from me. I would be very wary of purchasing from this seller and I would add this person to your blocked lists so that they cannot cause more detriments. Stay away from my listings and my eBay page - don't copy any more of my information, don't ever purchase from me, and learn to list items properly before you continue to make more listings.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 2nd, 2018, 12:24 am

spotify95 wrote:Another update to this list is forthcoming!

This time, it's:

mysiczek

Reason? Well, plagiarism? Theft of intellectual property? No attempt to reference my listings? Or just stealing my descriptions/titles as they see fit?

If you have a similar item to what someone else is selling, then fine, use their listing as a template to help you list your own item. But that's all you use it for. As a template. You then add in your details that are appropriate to your item, and make sure that the entire listing is in your own words (or create your own listing from the basis of the info you have from the other person.

Not in any circumstance do you just blanket copy and paste someone else's description or title into your listing and claim it as your own. Nor do you copy most of the listing from someone else, snip away the excess, and add in one line from yourself to change a slight detail.

In this example, the seller in question is listing some 18650 Lithium Ion batteries. That is fine, lots of people have them, so you can get guidance from other people's listings if you have nowhere to start. But you then add in your own wording/details as you see fit, you don't just plagiarize from someone else.

1) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253856318692 (you will need to click on the original item, as the listing has ended)

Note how they have just copied my listing description/title (in one case, virtually the entire title and most of the description!), removed the bits that they found to not be relevant, stuck a couple of extra bits in (e.g. voltage of cells, capacity/model of charger) and then just posted the listing?

I haven't checked their other listings, but it wouldn't surprise me if they have copied more parts of my listings if they have other battery lots!

Blatantly copying listings from other sellers' listings and then posting them as your own breaks any sort of plagiarism rules/guidelines, is very poor practice, and is likely a violation of eBay's guidelines/terms and conditions. It is certainly not allowed to re-use other people's photos in your own listings, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if copy-pasting someone else's title and description almost word for word also falls short of the expected guidelines for selling.
If you are going to do this, at least give credit to the original seller. As sellers on eBay, we do not spend the time to create our own listings just for someone else to copy-paste them into their own and steal your hard work and efforts!

As a result, mysiczek, you are now BANNED from purchasing from me. I would be very wary of purchasing from this seller and I would add this person to your blocked lists so that they cannot cause more detriments. Stay away from my listings and my eBay page - don't copy any more of my information, don't ever purchase from me, and learn to list items properly before you continue to make more listings.

Well, at least we made it through an entire calendar month without the thread needing updating, if anything. :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 13th, 2018, 2:29 pm

spotify95 wrote:Here we go again.... only this time they are being much more creative and are using multiple accounts to deceive me!

First account was: clearanceschrisnkez

They bought a Giffgaff SIM card from me for 1p including postage (lowest amount possible). I got the SIM sent out (directly through Giffgaff) and waited...
It turns out that there was a problem somewhere, because the buyer decided to open an "item not received" case against me. Probably because their SIM got lost somehow, or they had problems. Anyway, I refunded, and it turned out that they had problems with Giffgaff SIMs in the past, so why buy from an eBay seller knowing full well that it likely won't turn up when dispatched from Giffgaff?

This was on December 4th, 2017. Fast forward to Feb 3rd, 2018 (i.e. 2 months afterwards), and well, what do we have?

Second account: chrisnkezbargains

Bought a SIM from me for 1p including postage. You kinda see where this is going to go, don't you...
I saw that their name and delivery details looked very familiar, but gave them the benefit of the doubt... However, on closer examination, it is the exact same email address and the same postal address, too...

If you know that you have problems with something, and then open a "not received" case against a seller, it is not recommended to then go to the same seller and order the exact same item.... I even hand posted them a SIM after the case was opened (and then closed) to go out of my way to make sure they were covered....

Sorry, no more Mr Nice Guy anymore. Whoever you are, whatever name you like to go by, you are BANNED! DO NOT COME ANYWHERE NEAR MY EBAY SHOP AGAIN!
If you're desperate for a SIM card, go and get one from your nearest supermarket, as they now sell SIMs!

EDIT: it seems like this person has done this to another seller, see feedback:

Never to deal again lied he didn't receive it for a refund of £0.01!!!

And to top it all off? Here is proof: the feedback that I left them on their first account:
Quick payment and fast response - perfect customer, many thanks!
Member ID (redacted) Feedback score of (redacted)

So it seems like they changed their name within the last 2 months... probably to avoid being blocked as they do this all the time!

I've cancelled their order, and are refunding them immediately. They are also being blocked - permanently.

Chrisnkez - do not come anywhere near my shop again. You have been warned...

They've changed their name again! This time it's jazzysdiscounts.

Thankfully, my Blocked Bidders List has auto updated with this information - though double check to make sure it has!

If you have previously banned this user, check that your banned list has updated with this new information, and add it in manually if it hasn't auto-updated.

Now whoever you are - stop changing your name to try and trick other people, and instead actually behave on eBay like everyone is supposed to behave - i.e. properly, by not changing their name every few months (or however long) and by not claiming false INR cases!

► Show Spoiler

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 4th, 2018, 12:07 pm

spotify95 wrote:Another update to this list is forthcoming!

This time, it's:

mysiczek

They've done it again! They are still plagiarizing my listings by copy-pasting them into their own listings. Don't they know how to make their own listings?!

Please do NOT purchase anything from this seller!

Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292801825724

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 24th, 2019, 8:28 am

spotify95 wrote:Now then, is this just me, or is February 2018 the month of dodgy buyers?! This is the 3rd time in a few days that I've had to update this list...

Here we have an absolute gem. I didn't think this would ever happen, but here goes...

User in question: jimmynock38

This buyer didn't even have the chance to pay for their item - because I wasn't going to allow them to insult me in the way that they did, regarding eBay's "Best Offer" feature.

Now, to clarify this feature to those who are eBay novices: if you see a listing that has a "Best Offer", and you don't want to pay the full price, then you send the seller a sensible offer that you are willing to pay. You don't waste their time with silly, ridiculous, insulting offers... and if you don't want to pay close to the asking price, you look elsewhere.

So what do you think my reaction would be to someone offering less than 1/3rd of what I am asking?!

This person made an offer on my string of 48ft festoon lights (24 bulb holders total), which I have up for sale at £65. Looking on eBay, this is near to the going rate for festoon strings, plus it gives myself (and @Kyx who helped me out with these lights) a bit of profit when they sell. They are in good condition, so are worth the asking price (or close to it).
So imagine my reaction when I get offered just £20 for the set of lights, including P&P?

£20 will not buy the light string, ever.... It will only just buy the lightbulbs that are supplied with it (and then you'd still have to find a fitting to use with said light bulbs). If I sold that string for £20, then I would make £11.50 after fees and postage deductions, i.e. almost a £30 loss. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

When I last looked, £20 including postage would only just buy you a string of 10 festoon lights from the Far East; the aforementioned lights will be of questionable quality, will take over a week to arrive (unlike my choice of next day courier), and certainly won't include any light bulbs...

I'd rather put the lights back up in the room that I was going to use them in, and give the area a nice bit of additional light...

Moral of the story: Be sensible with your offers and don't insult sellers by "offering" 1/3rd of the asking price! If you want cheap lights, or want to give insulting offers, look at other sellers' listings - not mine!

Action: Offer refused (obviously...). Jimmynock38, you won't get a chance to revise your offer and submit a sensible offer, because you're also banned from purchasing from me! Now be gone.... and stay gone!

See attachments for more evidence/reasoning.... I have only decided to blank out their residential address because I am in a nice mood.

Didn't reckon I'd be getting this again!

User in question: 123kateb

Reason: misusing the Best Offer feature by offering £20 (including shipping) for a £85 set of string lights. The set of lights is heavy duty and comes complete with 40x B22 lightbulbs. Do you really think I would accept this under any circumstances?!

Users like this are an absolute joke and this is why selling on Ebay can be a bit of a chore. This is why I don't often include offers in my listings - to prevent timewasters like these from bothering me with their lowball offers.

You won't even be able to buy 40x lightbulbs for £20, nevermind anything else! The closest equivalent to this set is a set of 35x festoon string lights, with no bulbs, for £65. Maybe you might get a questionable set of lamp holders (no bulbs) from the Far East for £20, delivered in 2 - 8 weeks.

123kateb is now BANNED from purchasing from me. They are not welcome on any of my listings. Anyone else who uses the Best Offer feature should also block this person to prevent themselves from low, insulting offers like this.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190124-081123_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190124-081123_eBay.jpg (205.92 KiB) Viewed 25083 times
Screenshot_20190124-081001_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190124-081001_eBay.jpg (230.4 KiB) Viewed 25083 times
Screenshot_20190124-080853_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20190124-080853_eBay.jpg (366.07 KiB) Viewed 25083 times

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » February 13th, 2019, 12:06 pm

This one is a right gem. I can't believe that something like this would ever happen, but it has. Please be aware of the buyer in question!

The buyer was...

heftymadmax

They bid on a job lot of 50x Alkaline Batteries - presumably without reading the description - then sent me an eBay message:

"Please retract my bid did read people sorry thanks"

Now I assume that they didn't read the item description, or anything else to that matter, and just placed a bid without thinking about it. This is not recommended at all, because placing a bid starts a legally binding contract, especially if you turn out to be the winner of the auction (and not paying for an item will have further consequences).
As a seller, once a bid has been placed, you can sell the item to the highest bidder, and you do not have to retract any bids if you do not want to. I decided to give the buyer the benefit of the doubt, by retracting their bid, and leaving them a helpful message in that they should "think before you click next time".
In other words, don't make a bid on an item unless you actually want the item, have read and understood the description of the item, and have the meas to pay for it.

Their response?

"**** u" (note: I have censored the message for this post; the actual message was uncensored)

This is against eBay policy in that you are not allowed to harass any member or be offensive to any member. This was unprovoked; I had not caused them to send this message, and the "think before you click" message is/was completely valid and justified. Hence, the message was reported to eBay customer services to deal with.

Fast forward another couple of days, and I receive one last message:

"Reporting me wo t do u no good"

Make of that what you will, but the long and short of it is that they found out somehow, or deduced for themselves, that I had reported their previous insulting message. I'm completely ignoring this message - and any other message that this person tries sending me, because they clearly don't know how to communicate with people in a way that doesn't cause offense or break eBay's message policies. In fact, this person clearly hasn't read any of the eBay User Agreement, and if they continue to behave in a similar manner, they likely won't be staying on eBay for much longer.

Please be aware of buyers (or sellers) who display this sort of behavior to other users. This is not the correct way to go about resolving an issue you may have. Always treat other people in a way in which you would like to be treated.

Due to the above, heftymadmax has been banned from purchasing from me again - though this really is the least of your worries if you're going to behave like this to other members. I strongly recommend that you block this buyer yourself to avoid any issues like this from happening further down the line.

Screenshots to follow.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 6th, 2019, 9:38 am

spotify95 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Here we go again.... only this time they are being much more creative and are using multiple accounts to deceive me!

First account was: clearanceschrisnkez

They bought a Giffgaff SIM card from me for 1p including postage (lowest amount possible). I got the SIM sent out (directly through Giffgaff) and waited...
It turns out that there was a problem somewhere, because the buyer decided to open an "item not received" case against me. Probably because their SIM got lost somehow, or they had problems. Anyway, I refunded, and it turned out that they had problems with Giffgaff SIMs in the past, so why buy from an eBay seller knowing full well that it likely won't turn up when dispatched from Giffgaff?

This was on December 4th, 2017. Fast forward to Feb 3rd, 2018 (i.e. 2 months afterwards), and well, what do we have?

Second account: chrisnkezbargains

Bought a SIM from me for 1p including postage. You kinda see where this is going to go, don't you...
I saw that their name and delivery details looked very familiar, but gave them the benefit of the doubt... However, on closer examination, it is the exact same email address and the same postal address, too...

If you know that you have problems with something, and then open a "not received" case against a seller, it is not recommended to then go to the same seller and order the exact same item.... I even hand posted them a SIM after the case was opened (and then closed) to go out of my way to make sure they were covered....

Sorry, no more Mr Nice Guy anymore. Whoever you are, whatever name you like to go by, you are BANNED! DO NOT COME ANYWHERE NEAR MY EBAY SHOP AGAIN!
If you're desperate for a SIM card, go and get one from your nearest supermarket, as they now sell SIMs!

EDIT: it seems like this person has done this to another seller, see feedback:

Never to deal again lied he didn't receive it for a refund of £0.01!!!

And to top it all off? Here is proof: the feedback that I left them on their first account:
Quick payment and fast response - perfect customer, many thanks!
Member ID (redacted) Feedback score of (redacted)

So it seems like they changed their name within the last 2 months... probably to avoid being blocked as they do this all the time!

I've cancelled their order, and are refunding them immediately. They are also being blocked - permanently.

Chrisnkez - do not come anywhere near my shop again. You have been warned...

They've changed their name again! This time it's jazzysdiscounts.

Thankfully, my Blocked Bidders List has auto updated with this information - though double check to make sure it has!

If you have previously banned this user, check that your banned list has updated with this new information, and add it in manually if it hasn't auto-updated.

Now whoever you are - stop changing your name to try and trick other people, and instead actually behave on eBay like everyone is supposed to behave - i.e. properly, by not changing their name every few months (or however long) and by not claiming false INR cases!

► Show Spoiler

He's changed his name again! This time it's:

delboysbestbuys

Opening up an "item not received" case for a 1p SIM card, claiming to have had problems from Giffgaff is just sad. If you really didn't receive it, you write off the 1p, because that is a very small amount in comparison to other things to buy on eBay!

But lying about it? See here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/joblot-SIM-c ... 3673596164

Selling a job lot of Giffgaff SIMs means you can definitely receive them OK. I certainly think they lied to get their 1p back...

Steer clear of this person and block them from buying from you!

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 10th, 2019, 8:38 pm

Here we go again, another special buyer that is worthy of a mention!

This time, it's:

nique1971-8

Reason: buying a portable wind up/solar radio from me (tested and in good working order) and then to leave a neutral feedback saying that "the winder/spring coil are quite knackered".
Unless the winder was damaged in the shipping, then this is not possibly true as I tested it beforehand?!

If there was a problem with your purchase then you could have contacted me via message and I could have tried to help you out?

At least they haven't left a negative, nor have they dinged my star ratings.

But they have earnt something - a ban from purchasing from me again!
Maybe next time you should try resolving any problems with your seller BEFORE leaving feedback!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 10th, 2019, 8:42 pm

spotify95 wrote:Here we go again, another special buyer that is worthy of a mention!

This time, it's:

nique1971-8

Reason: buying a portable wind up/solar radio from me (tested and in good working order) and then to leave a neutral feedback saying that "the winder/spring coil are quite knackered".
Unless the winder was damaged in the shipping, then this is not possibly true as I tested it beforehand?!

If there was a problem with your purchase then you could have contacted me via message and I could have tried to help you out?

Maybe next time you should try resolving any problems with your seller BEFORE leaving feedback!

If they had dinged your star rating, would you have considered doxing them? :sly:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 10th, 2019, 8:53 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Here we go again, another special buyer that is worthy of a mention!

This time, it's:

nique1971-8

If they had dinged your star rating, would you have considered doxing them? :sly:

This is not the place for doxing anyone :p If we're to try and warn anyone about potential buyers/sellers to avoid, doxing isn't the way to go about things :nah:

Return to “The Marketplace”