eBay "name and shame" thread

Got something to sell to us on eBay or Gumtree etc? Post about it here. :H

Moderators: spotify95, S2M, Kyx, pinkteddyx64

User avatar
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle
Posts: 421316
Joined: February 12th, 2014, 10:09 pm
Reputation: 1195
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 13th, 2020, 3:46 pm

@spotify95 At least if anything, May was a month free of you needing to add to this discussion. :thumbsup:


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
User avatar
spotify95
A jungle man
Posts: 7473
Joined: November 22nd, 2015, 2:24 pm
Reputation: 808
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » June 13th, 2020, 7:27 pm

Oh dear, today has been a day where all the imbeciles come out from boredom!

Buyer added: squidward.0

Reason: "Don't suppose you can send me the items NOW and we do an iou where I pay in July? It's just I'm literally skint right now. If you don't accept my offer, I'll consider it discrimination against the working class."

Hmm... this sort of language sounds very familiar to someone else I've dealt with previously. The address is also in Hull - the same postcode as where @Kyx lives at currently.
Something fishy's going on, and I'm not having this.

Also, the above quote isn't how eBay works. You buy, you pay, I deliver, end of. No payment = no item.

Action taken: Banned (of course) and user will be reported to eBay.

edit: Turns out this is a banned person trying to sneak back in. No thankyou. You've been reported to eBay.

edit: I WILL NOW BE BLOCKING ALL TROLL ACCOUNTS AND/OR CANCELLING TRANSACTIONS AS I SEE FIT. I DO NOT WANT TO BE SPAMMED BY BULLSHIT "NEWBIES".
BE WARNED: IF YOU ARE NOT A GENUINE BUYER THEN YOU WILL BE BANNED AND REPORTED!


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle
Posts: 421316
Joined: February 12th, 2014, 10:09 pm
Reputation: 1195
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 13th, 2020, 7:34 pm

spotify95 wrote:Oh dear, today has been a day where all the imbeciles come out from boredom!

Buyer added: squidward.0

Reason: "Don't suppose you can send me the items NOW and we do an iou where I pay in July? It's just I'm literally skint right now. If you don't accept my offer, I'll consider it discrimination against the working class."

Hmm... this sort of language sounds very familiar to someone else I've dealt with previously. The address is also in Hull - the same postcode as where @Kyx lives at currently.
Something fishy's going on, and I'm not having this.

Also, the above quote isn't how eBay works. You buy, you pay, I deliver, end of. No payment = no item.

Action taken: Banned (of course) and user will be reported to eBay.

What the actual fuck?! :dunno: :banghead:


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
User avatar
spotify95
A jungle man
Posts: 7473
Joined: November 22nd, 2015, 2:24 pm
Reputation: 808
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » June 14th, 2020, 7:11 pm

Update 6/14/20

Buyer added: jaxb_5112

Reason: multiple accounts and trolling

Action: Reported to ebay customer services (and banned, obviously).


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle
Posts: 421316
Joined: February 12th, 2014, 10:09 pm
Reputation: 1195
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » June 14th, 2020, 7:28 pm

spotify95 wrote:Update 6/14/20

Buyer added: jaxb_5112

Reason: multiple accounts and trolling

Action: Reported to ebay customer services (and banned, obviously).

What made you suspect they had multiple accounts and what did they say or do that was trolling?


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image
User avatar
spotify95
A jungle man
Posts: 7473
Joined: November 22nd, 2015, 2:24 pm
Reputation: 808
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » November 11th, 2020, 2:29 pm

Update 11/11/20

Buyers added to list:

fetlock666
Reason: complained that sky plus remote controls weren't working and demanded a refund. Due to return costs and fees associated, it wasn't worth the return, so they got some remotes for free. I hope they're happy - I'm down the best part of £4 due to outgoing postage and PayPal fees.

iocio-57
Reason: if you're going to open a return against me, make sure to communicate properly with me and make sure to actually send the item back - especially when I'm paying your return postage. This was a genuine mistake (sold an OLED display for a Samsung phone, but listed it as for the wrong phone) but at least communicate with me properly (don't ignore me after opening the case) and actually send it back to me using the pre-paid return label (especially when I'm paying for it).

marmellatah
Reason: Complaining to me via message about how the batteries in question (a listing for some Li-Ion batteries) are at 50% of their original capacity (did you not read the description? in the description it tells you everything you need to know about these cells) and then, after explaining why they are the way they are (which, as mentioned, they could have quite easily got from the item description), informs me that my batteries are "hazardous" (they're no worse than any other used Li-Ion battery) and tells me to throw them into a battery recycling bin (the whole point of selling batteries is to AVOID them going into the recycling bins, adding to battery waste problems).

Erm... they weren't free to me, I bought them in a job lot of laptop batteries... no way are they going into battery waste...

Needless to say, none of the above eBayers will be making purchases from me in the future.


User avatar
spotify95
A jungle man
Posts: 7473
Joined: November 22nd, 2015, 2:24 pm
Reputation: 808
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby spotify95 » November 12th, 2020, 12:27 am

Update 11/12/20

Buyer added to list: deadendw53

Reason: multiple accounts and trolling. It is user pinkteddyx64 (has a youtube account and other accounts called dead end waterfall) and has made very similar messages to other items of mine through best offers. You're being reported to eBay (yet again) and if you continue I will phone the police to report you.


User avatar
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle
Posts: 421316
Joined: February 12th, 2014, 10:09 pm
Reputation: 1195
Location: Scunthorpe
Gender: Male

Re: eBay "name and shame" thread

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 12th, 2020, 2:04 am

spotify95 wrote:Update 11/12/20

Buyer added to list: deadendw53

Reason: multiple accounts and trolling. It is user pinkteddyx64 (has a youtube account and other accounts called dead end waterfall) and has made very similar messages to other items of mine through best offers. You're being reported to eBay (yet again) and if you continue I will phone the police to report you.

What the actual fuck, I don't even have an eBay account of any name so STOP the accusations! :naughty: :@ :evilmonkey: :unimpressed:


Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
Image

Return to “The Marketplace”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron