IP Logs

Got any comments or suggestions regarding any part of this site? Go ahead and post them here! :H
spotify95
A jungle man

IP Logs

Postby spotify95 » November 22nd, 2016, 7:27 pm

Hi @pinkteddyx64

I've been wondering about IP Logging on this forum, in regards to when it stores IP info etc - and from what I can find out, this board only logs IP addresses when a person posts or access the MCP/ACP and carries out actions.
Unfortunately, this does not show IPs of logon etc.

I've just had a look and there is a modification that can be added to phpBB, that will allow IP logs of all users when logging on:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/user_ip_logs/

I do not know how to attach this to the forum software so please could you add this on to TBAAJ? The reason why I ask is that it will help us out when we have dupes on this site (we have had problems before) and we can identify them quicker, regardless of whether they post or not.

Thanks.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: IP Logs

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 23rd, 2016, 4:44 pm

princechromey wrote:Hi @pinkteddyx64

I've been wondering about IP Logging on this forum, in regards to when it stores IP info etc - and from what I can find out, this board only logs IP addresses when a person posts or access the MCP/ACP and carries out actions.

I've just had a look and there is a modification that can be added to phpBB, that will allow IP logs of all users when logging on:

I do not know how to attach this to the forum software so please could you add this on to TBAAJ? The reason why I ask is that it will help us out when we have dupes on this site (we have had problems before) and we can identify them quicker, regardless of whether they post or not.

Thanks.

I'll see what I can do. :yep:

Edit: Done. :yep:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: IP Logs

Postby spotify95 » December 3rd, 2016, 1:14 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:Hi @pinkteddyx64

Thanks.

I'll see what I can do. :yep:

Edit: Done. :yep:

Thanks a lot! :yep:

Return to “Site News And Suggestions”