phoenixexpress

A log of all banned, suspended and warned members is kept in this forum. Please reference it in order to better understand the rules, and to help make the site a better place by not doing what these members did. :)
spotify95
A jungle man

phoenixexpress

Postby spotify95 » October 18th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Section 5 - Flaming and Harassment
5.1 - Do not be cruel, hateful or hurtful to other members. Do not harass other members. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, any type of sexual, mental, forceful, and/or physical harassment.

We don't really allow accusations about other members etc on the open boards, nor do we allow baiting/winding up another user.

arentcha glad I created all those variations of you and other members and using those accounts to ask for Id docs that are fakes and then pinkteddy getting the blame for it and him getting a black card for it whilst I get away with it and post as usual? :D

This is trying to bait another user - please don't do this.

Action: 10% warning

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: phoenixexpress

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 18th, 2015, 7:10 pm

spotify95 wrote:We don't really allow accusations about other members etc on the open boards, nor do we allow baiting/winding up another user.

arentcha glad I created all those variations of you and other members and using those accounts to ask for Id docs that are fakes and then pinkteddy getting the blame for it and him getting a black card for it whilst I get away with it and post as usual? :D

If we had the same system as TSR would this be a blue or yellow card they'd be getting right now?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 18th, 2015, 8:02 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:We don't really allow accusations about other members etc on the open boards, nor do we allow baiting/winding up another user.

If we had the same system as TSR would this be a blue or yellow card they'd be getting right now?

It would probably be equivalent to a blue card. A yellow card would be roughly 20-30% warn increase, and a red card about 50% warn increase.

A 100% warning is equivalent to a black card on TSR - i.e. a permanent ban.

I know of another forum that uses a percent based warning system - hence why it's being used here :yep:

edit: Here's an example of a forum using a percent based system: http://www.neocodex.us/forum/topic/1111 ... dex-rules/ (more in depth here: http://www.neocodex.us/forum/topic/6619 ... g-version/). As you can see, the percentage warn given is dependent on the severity of the offense (like what most forums do, including TSR) - and 100% warning equals a ban. Suspensions and/or mod preview of posts can also be given if appropriate.

Unfortunately, I doubt we'd be able to implement a card system on TBAAJ. :(

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 19th, 2015, 10:57 am

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

It would probably be equivalent to a blue card. A yellow card would be roughly 20-30% warn increase, and a red card about 50% warn increase.

I know of another forum that uses a percent based warning system - hence why it's being used here :yep:

edit: Here's an example of a forum using a percent based system: http://www.neocodex.us/forum/topic/1111 ... dex-rules/ (more in depth here: http://www.neocodex.us/forum/topic/6619 ... g-version/). As you can see, the percentage warn given is dependent on the severity of the offense (like what most forums do, including TSR) - and 100% warning equals a ban. Suspensions and/or mod preview of posts can also be given if appropriate.

I'll see what I can do! ;) :ohyes:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 19th, 2015, 2:47 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

If you can't implement a card based system, see if we can use that percent based system!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 19th, 2015, 5:37 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

If you can't implement a card based system, see if we can use that percent based system!

Well, next year, I hope to have the latest forum software installed, a tagging and reputation system and a card based system as just mentioned! :ohyes:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 19th, 2015, 6:39 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Well, next year, I hope to have the latest forum software installed, a tagging and reputation system and a card based system as just mentioned! :ohyes:

Would that be vB, phpBB or XF? As I know that cards can be done via vB, i.e. in a way that TSR does it. :)

Don't know much about XF and phpBB - with the latter we can just do incremental warnings at the moment (with each warning representing 10%, and 10 warnings (100%) being a ban). Unfortunately, if a post deserves more than a 10% warn, we currently have to warn people multiple times per post (so that we can see from a glance, how much % warn a person has).

I'm looking forward to the changes we get at TBAAJ!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » October 19th, 2015, 7:44 pm

phpBB. :ohyes:

I thought TSR only does it via a proprietary plug in?

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » October 19th, 2015, 8:35 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:phpBB. :ohyes:

I thought TSR only does it via a proprietary plug in?

Oh yes, I remember you now saying that it'd be extremely difficult to move the databases etc to vBulletin or XenForo?

I didn't know how they managed to get the card system working - I just presumed it was a feature of vB. However, their version of vB is so heavily customized that it could be anywhere - it could be a plugin etc. I wouldn't know...

And somehow we've just totally derailed the thread. :p

Return to “BSW Members (Banned, Suspended and Warned)”