Announcement: CTAMM (Edit: Updated 4/21/19)

This is the place to post forum game topics. :woo:
spotify95
A jungle man

Announcement: CTAMM (Edit: Updated 4/21/19)

Postby spotify95 » August 23rd, 2017, 12:04 pm

Hi,

In case anyone has been following TSR's Forum Games recently, I can now report that CTAMM, our one and only unsupported thread, has now reached 25k posts.
Over the last 24 hours, it has got quite a lot of new posts - potentially more than the average progress on CTAM (and definitely more progress on CTAMIV/MTZ).

This announcement is to clarify/update our support on the threads in question.

Support for CTAM, CTAMIV and MTZ will continue to be present as is - these are the main 3 threads we intend on completing.
Support for CTAMIW (CTAM in words) is also present - though how that will fare is anybody's guess. Support may be discontinued if little progress is made in comparison to the other three threads.

CTAMM is completely unsupported, following an incident on 3/21/17 that was handled very poorly (updated 4/21/19).
By the time CTAMM reaches P4, which will be quite a while at this post rate, the incident will be cleared long enough for us to relaunch support for CTAMM on the fresh thread. Edit: see latest update to this made on 4/21/19.

Therefore, I plan to refresh/relaunch CTAMM on the Counting Society once we have reached Part 4. Timescales are unknown at present.

However, this assumes that no more disruption takes place on that thread. Since CTAMM was the main target for disruptive behavior, I will be keeping a close eye on the thread. Any disruptive behavior* at all will result in the termination of CTAMM support - and this time, it WILL be permanent.

I will update this as more news comes through regarding the thread. :yep: < UPDATED 4/21/19

Spotify95

*Disruptive behavior is classed as anything which could be seen as disrupting the flow of the thread. This includes, but is not limited to, severely off topic posts (with no number and nasty comments etc), trolls, spammers, duplicate accounts, threatening behavior, a tense/bad atmosphere, or anything that could be offputting/unwelcoming to new members. The spoiler below demonstrates what NOT to post if you want support to be retained:

► Show Spoiler

Any such posts will be reported and dealt with swiftly.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Announcement: CTAMM

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 23rd, 2017, 2:48 pm

princechromey wrote:Hi,

In case anyone has been following TSR's Forum Games recently, I can now report that CTAMM, our one and only unsupported thread, has now reached 25k posts.
Over the last 24 hours, it has got quite a lot of new posts - potentially more than the average progress on CTAM (and definitely more progress on CTAMIV/MTZ).

Support for CTAM, CTAMIV and MTZ will continue to be present as is - these are the main 3 threads we intend on completing.
Support for CTAMIW (CTAM in words) is also present - though how that will fare is anybody's guess. Support may be discontinued if little progress is made in comparison to the other three threads.

CTAMM is currently unsupported following an incident on 3/21/17 that was handled very poorly.
By the time CTAMM reaches P4, which will be quite a while at this post rate, the incident will be cleared long enough for us to relaunch support for CTAMM on the fresh thread.

Therefore, I plan to refresh/relaunch CTAMM on the Counting Society once we have reached Part 4. Timescales are unknown at present.

However, this assumes that no more disruption takes place on that thread. Since CTAMM was the main target for disruptive behavior, I will be keeping a close eye on the thread. Any disruptive behavior* at all will result in the termination of CTAMM support - and this time, it WILL be permanent.

I will update this as more news comes through regarding the thread. :yep:

PC

*Disruptive behavior is classed as anything which could be seen as disrupting the flow of the thread. This includes, but is not limited to, severely off topic posts (with no number and nasty comments etc), trolls, spammers, duplicate accounts, threatening behavior, a tense/bad atmosphere, or anything that could be offputting/unwelcoming to new members. The spoiler below demonstrates what NOT to post if you want support to be retained:

► Show Spoiler

It made my blood boil last night especially when I read the conversation in that thread Paracosm and shadowdweller were having about buying new cars especially as last night my last bus never turned up and I had to get a taxi home! :mad: :banghead:

Also, Andy98 might be trying again for ST membership in the forum games area and is potentially prepared to reverse Paracosm's fascism on that thread. If he does, would you be willing to reintroduce support before P4?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » August 23rd, 2017, 6:46 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:

CTAMM is currently unsupported following an incident on 3/21/17 that was handled very poorly.
By the time CTAMM reaches P4, which will be quite a while at this post rate, the incident will be cleared long enough for us to relaunch support for CTAMM on the fresh thread.

PC

► Show Spoiler

It made my blood boil last night especially when I read the conversation in that thread Paracosm and shadowdweller were having about buying new cars especially as last night my last bus never turned up and I had to get a taxi home! :mad: :banghead:

Also, Andy98 might be trying again for ST membership in the forum games area and is potentially prepared to reverse Paracosm's fascism on that thread. If he does, would you be willing to reintroduce support before P4?

Hope you managed to get home ok :yep:

On topic, if either Andy98 or Cheeseisveg is able to reverse the disruptive posts (or at least edit them - I will provide details on what needs resolving) then CTAMM support will be re-introduced once the disruptive posts have been dealt with. But no matter what, I will reinstate support for the thread on P4 (unless any more disruption is made).

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 24th, 2017, 11:19 pm

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

PC

► Show Spoiler

Hope you managed to get home ok :yep:

On topic, if either Andy98 or Cheeseisveg is able to reverse the disruptive posts (or at least edit them - I will provide details on what needs resolving) then CTAMM support will be re-introduced once the disruptive posts have been dealt with. But no matter what, I will reinstate support for the thread on P4 (unless any more disruption is made).

Yes I did.

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Announcement: CTAMM (Edit: Updated 4/21/19)

Postby spotify95 » April 21st, 2019, 11:40 pm

Update 4/21/19

It has been noted that, for a substantial period of time, CTAMM has had little to no activity with any of the counters on TSR. New posters have actively been encouraged to post on one of the other counting threads, and PM's have been sent out to regular members with an explanation of why CTAMM should be avoided (and what started the lack of activity).

Immediately after the devastation that was post #4941 of the thread (for what was posted, check out the spoiler in the OP - note that this is a very good example of how NOT to post on a forum), a page of 20 posts took between 3 and 5 months to complete. Prior to this, there was regular activity.

Apart from a run of numbers between an ST and a CA member (which was really an ST member helping to increase the post count of a CA member), there have been large gaps in the post history of CTAMM since the start of its demise.
PMs were sent on 6/28/18 detailing the lack of support for CTAMM and who/what was responsible.
Since the PMs were sent out (along with multiple reminders before this, hinting that other threads had better chances), very few posts have been made on CTAMM.

Therefore, it is officially announced that support for CTAMM has been permanently withdrawn as of 4/21/19.
Support within the CS has been dropped for many months now, with official support within TSR being dropped on 6/28/18.

There will be no Part 4 for CTAMM. Or Part 5. CTAMM will finish at the end of P3, if it even makes it to the end of the thread (given how quiet it has been since 3/21/17).

I have updated the title to reflect these changes.

Regards,
spotify95

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Announcement: CTAMM (Edit: Updated 4/21/19)

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 21st, 2019, 11:51 pm

spotify95 wrote:Update 4/21/19

It has been noted that, for a substantial period of time, CTAMM has had little to no activity with any of the counters on TSR. New posters have actively been encouraged to post on one of the other counting threads, and PM's have been sent out to regular members with an explanation of why CTAMM should be avoided (and hat started the lack of activity).

Immediately after the devastation that was post #4941 of the thread (for what was posted, check out the spoiler in the OP - note that this is a very good example of how NOT to post on a forum), a page of 20 posts took between 3 and 5 months to complete. Prior to this, there was regular activity.

Apart from a run of numbers between an ST and a CA member (which was really an ST member helping to increase the post count of a CA member), there have been large gaps in the post history of CTAMM since the start of its demise.
PMs were sent on 6/28/18 detailing the lack of support for CTAMM and who/what was responsible.
Since the PMs were sent out (along with multiple reminders before this, hinting that other threads had better chances), very few posts have been made on CTAMM.

Therefore, it is officially announced that support for CTAMM has been permanently withdrawn as of 4/21/19.
Support within the CS has been dropped for many months now, with official support within TSR being dropped on 6/28/18.

There will be no Part 4 for CTAMM. Or Part 5. CTAMM will finish at the end of P3 (given how quiet it has been since 3/21/17).

I have updated the title to reflect these changes.

Regards,
spotify95

If you want, I can make a trip to Brighton and march into their headquarters and demand they let you have the blue user title instead and CTAMM gets fixed. If it hadn't been tampered with, do you think CTAMM would be beyond 100k by now?

Return to “Forum Games”