Which is your favorite version of Microsoft Office?

For discussion of the world's most famous office software suite.

Which is your favorite version of Microsoft Office?

Microsoft Office 95
No votes
Microsoft Office 97
No votes
Microsoft Office 2000
No votes
Microsoft Office XP
No votes
Microsoft Office 2003
No votes
Microsoft Office 2007
17%
Microsoft Office 2010
50%
Microsoft Office 2013
33%

Total votes: 6
bekbok
Super party animal

Re: Which is your favorite version of Microsoft Office?

Postby bekbok » September 1st, 2014, 12:07 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:Yep, guys have definite advantages. :p

Like being the best slaves! :(

That's just mean. :p

There's something you better understand about me 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it: I am definitely a mad man with a box. :D
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 1st, 2014, 1:13 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
Andy98 wrote:I'm for 07
That's the absolute bare minimum I can tolerate.

Make sure it has SP2 installed onto it so that you can save your work as .pdf without any extra add-ons. :thumbsup:

07 is reasonable :)

I have 2010 installed

2003 is too old

2013 is to do with those shitty tile interface crap garbage "Windows 8".

2013 is pretty similar to 2010 really. I don't really like the metro interface and just stick to the desktop bit, that's basically windows 7. :D
Will you be upgrading to that version of Windows that has a start menu in it when it is released? ;)

Here is what it will look like, in case you weren't aware:

I'd shove that onto our windows 8.1 machine, if it was free. Absolutely fed up of those nasty duplo tiles!]

I'm staying with windows 7 on my laptop - if it ain't broke don't fix it. :)

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » September 1st, 2014, 1:48 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Make sure it has SP2 installed onto it so that you can save your work as .pdf without any extra add-ons. :thumbsup:

I have 2010 installed

2003 is too old

2013 is pretty similar to 2010 really. I don't really like the metro interface and just stick to the desktop bit, that's basically windows 7. :D
Will you be upgrading to that version of Windows that has a start menu in it when it is released? ;)

I'd shove that onto our windows 8.1 machine, if it was free. Absolutely fed up of those nasty duplo tiles!]

Exactly my thoughts, I wanted 7 on my laptop, but it came with 8, which I'm dealing with. If it's free, get it, if not, I won't as I wont be able to afford it. :p

There's something you better understand about me 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it: I am definitely a mad man with a box. :D
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 1st, 2014, 5:12 pm

Because you are a student, you won't have to save up too much, as Microsoft offer huge discounts to students on things like Office and Windows if you are from America, Canada, Britain or Australia! :cool:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 1st, 2014, 7:05 pm

bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I have 2010 installed

2003 is too old

Exactly my thoughts, I wanted 7 on my laptop, but it came with 8, which I'm dealing with. If it's free, get it, if not, I won't as I wont be able to afford it. :p

If the only thing that was available was 8 (for my laptop) then I'd have bought a windows 7 disc, at additional cost, and dual booted it. :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 1st, 2014, 7:06 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:Because you are a student, you won't have to save up too much, as Microsoft offer huge discounts to students on things like Office and Windows if you are from America, Canada, Britain or Australia! :cool:

I did manage to get a large discount on Office 2010 about 2 years ago; and this was from Software 4 Students:

http://www.software4students.co.uk/

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 1st, 2014, 7:08 pm

I torrented my copies of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 and Office versions! :cool:

Sadly, my college wasn't participating in the Microsoft offers I mentioned about earlier. :(

Because of that, can I sue Jay Kay?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » September 1st, 2014, 9:55 pm

spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I have 2010 installed

2003 is too old

If the only thing that was available was 8 (for my laptop) then I'd have bought a windows 7 disc, at additional cost, and dual booted it. :)

I've considered switching back to 7 as well as doing a linux dual boot.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 2nd, 2014, 9:51 pm

bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I have 2010 installed

2003 is too old

I've thought about a Windows 7/Linux (Ubuntu) dual boot as well. :)

If I had a nice big HDD (at least 1TB, preferably 2TB) I'd have windows 7 as my main OS but also triple boot it with Windows XP (needed for legacy programs) and either one of Linux or Windows Duplo.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 2nd, 2014, 9:57 pm

I'm actually now allergic to anything less than Windows 7! :eek: :D

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » September 2nd, 2014, 11:01 pm

spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I have 2010 installed

2003 is too old

If I had a nice big HDD (at least 1TB, preferably 2TB) I'd have windows 7 as my main OS but also triple boot it with Windows XP (needed for legacy programs) and either one of Linux or Windows Duplo.

One of the reasons why I haven't is cause I'm scared of messing up my laptop. I have a big HDD though, 1TB which is nice. :)

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » September 2nd, 2014, 11:02 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:I'm actually now allergic to anything less than Windows 7! :eek: :D

I see where you're coming from, I haven't used anything less in a while, but I imagine that I would find it really odd, being so used to 7 (desktop on 8/8.1 is basically 7)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 3rd, 2014, 12:01 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:I'm actually now allergic to anything less than Windows 7! :eek: :D

I still do not mind XP as some of my programs have trouble running on windows 7. :(

and I am not trying it on windows duplo.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 3rd, 2014, 12:03 pm

bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I have 2010 installed

2003 is too old

One of the reasons why I haven't is cause I'm scared of messing up my laptop. I have a big HDD though, 1TB which is nice. :)

That's good to hear. My hard drive is only 500GB which isn't really suitable for dual booting. :(

Have you still got your windows disks? If so that is good, as you could reinstall your O\S if anything went wrong.

I suppose a back up would be the best. :)

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » September 3rd, 2014, 5:23 pm

spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I have 2010 installed

2003 is too old

That's good to hear. My hard drive is only 500GB which isn't really suitable for dual booting. :(

Have you still got your windows disks? If so that is good, as you could reinstall your O\S if anything went wrong.

I didn't get any with my laptop. :(

I do have an external hard drive for backing up though which is good. :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 3rd, 2014, 8:30 pm

bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I have 2010 installed

2003 is too old

I didn't get any with my laptop. :(

I do have an external hard drive for backing up though which is good. :)

I didn't get any discs either. One must therefore assume it is on a partition somewhere.

I don't know how to work with partitions though!

I think I will one day, buy an external hard drive, for backing up purposes. Then reinstall windows 7, as some parts won't work (most notably System restore).

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » September 3rd, 2014, 11:23 pm

spotify95 wrote:I didn't get any discs either. One must therefore assume it is on a partition somewhere.

I think I will one day, buy an external hard drive, for backing up purposes. Then reinstall windows 7, as some parts won't work (most notably System restore).

I have one pre-done I can see called 'recovery' :)

Same here, friends that were considering it were talking about doing it on a partition.

I got one and it's really useful, it broke though, but they replaced it which was good. :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 4th, 2014, 10:12 am

bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:I didn't get any discs either. One must therefore assume it is on a partition somewhere.

Same here, friends that were considering it were talking about doing it on a partition.

I got one and it's really useful, it broke though, but they replaced it which was good. :)

My computer just has the Local Disk (C:\). However, my parents laptop has Local Disk (C:\), and Recovery (D:\). So I know that laptop is partitioned.

I don't know about my laptop though, where the recovery files are. Why couldn't they just give OS disks out, like they used to?

Only difference between the two laptops is that mine runs Windows 7 and my parents' runs Windows Duplo - will that have a significant difference?

One day I will probably get an external hard drive. Though lets hope it isn't faulty! :D

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 4th, 2014, 4:39 pm

spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:

My computer just has the Local Disk (C:\). However, my parents laptop has Local Disk (C:\), and Recovery (D:\). So I know that laptop is partitioned.

I don't know about my laptop though, where the recovery files are. Why couldn't they just give OS disks out, like they used to?

Only difference between the two laptops is that mine runs Windows 7 and my parents' runs Windows Duplo - will that have a significant difference?

One day I will probably get an external hard drive. Though lets hope it isn't faulty! :D
My laptop has only the one partition, and it's a 256 GB partition on a 256 GB Sandisk SSD and has Windows 8.1 on it. I did use Windows 7 Ultimate up until I replaced the hard disk with the current SSD back in March, and then I decided it would be a good time to start using Windows 8.1 on my laptop. :)

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » September 4th, 2014, 5:10 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
bekbok wrote:

My laptop has only the one partition, and it's a 256 GB partition on a 256 GB Sandisk SSD and has Windows 8.1 on it. I did use Windows 7 Ultimate up until I replaced the hard disk with the current SSD back in March, and then I decided it would be a good time to start using Windows 8.1 on my laptop. :)

I know, os disks were useful and people still want them. :mad:

I think it might be an 8/8.1 thing then for it to be pre done, alternatively, it could be a hp thing. :)

I hope so too :p

Fair enough, but if I had the choice, I would have stuck with 7, though having had 8.1, I do like being able to have mail in the background and hidden (not on the start bar) but already open and easy to get to. :p

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 26th, 2016, 6:36 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I have 2010 installed

2003 is too old

I know this is old, but it is relevant: my new HP laptop has windows 10 (the new one with the start menu) and to be honest it is almost as good as windows 7, and much better than windows 8/8.1.

The only things I don't like are some software incompatibilities and the privacy settings, but you can set all of the privacy stuff as you want it. :yep:

Andy98
Noobie

Postby Andy98 » March 9th, 2016, 9:14 pm

I retract my earlier comment - Office 365 is now my favourite

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 12th, 2016, 9:39 am

Andy98 wrote:I retract my earlier comment - Office 365 is now my favourite

Okay, I'll have to see if I can add Office 365 to that pill!

I personally don't like 365, for a simple reaaon: stop paying and you lose the service. So you have to pay for the whole time you are using that device. And when my 4 year old Acer laptop is still going (albeit still running very hot), it'd make more financial sense to buy Office 2010, 2013 etc (only I prefer office 2010 because 2013 is too similar to windows 8).

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » March 13th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Andy98 wrote:I retract my earlier comment - Office 365 is now my favourite

I would not touch that version with a barge pole! :nah:

Return to “Microsoft Office”