Linux on a Virtual Machine

For discussion of all Linux distros and software for the Linux platform.
spotify95
A jungle man

Linux on a Virtual Machine

Postby spotify95 » May 27th, 2014, 11:44 am

Anyone had any experiences running Linux OS on a virtual machine?

I have, and it was quite slow

However, as a main O\S it is pretty quick! :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Linux on a Virtual Machine

Postby pinkteddyx64 » May 27th, 2014, 1:31 pm

I couldn't even get it to run in a virtual machine. :(

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 25th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Maybe, that might have been due to some of the settings or something?

I have Ubuntu 13.10 running just fine on a VM, though it is rather slow.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » July 25th, 2014, 6:40 pm

spotify95 wrote:Maybe, that might have been due to some of the settings or something?

I would always get a meaningless message on a black background and it freezing or just a totally black screen. :(

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » July 26th, 2014, 9:53 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Maybe, that might have been due to some of the settings or something?

I would always get a meaningless message on a black background and it freezing or just a totally black screen. :(

In which case, something with the installation probably messed up.

You didn't run sudo rm -rf /, did you? (That command deleted everything, which will give you a blank screen)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 14th, 2014, 9:49 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

In which case, something with the installation probably messed up.

You didn't run sudo rm -rf /, did you? (That command deleted everything, which will give you a blank screen)
No, I didn't, in fact, I couldn't even type anything when I tried, the system had frozen up as well. :(

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » August 31st, 2014, 9:42 pm

I've not tried on either, but I've considered it. Not sure how to go about it though. :p

There's something you better understand about me 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it: I am definitely a mad man with a box. :D
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 31st, 2014, 9:45 pm

bekbok wrote:I've not tried on either, but I've considered it. Not sure how to go about it though. :p
Believe me, it's much simpler than you think! ;) :thumbsup:

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » August 31st, 2014, 9:56 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:I've not tried on either, but I've considered it. Not sure how to go about it though. :p

Probably, rooting my phone and installing custom android builds was fairly simple. ;)

There's something you better understand about me 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it: I am definitely a mad man with a box. :D
pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 31st, 2014, 9:57 pm

bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Probably, rooting my phone and installing custom android builds was fairly simple. ;)
I rely on my phone too much, and I bet my luck that if I tried installing anything custom like what you said, my phone would be bricked, and my daily routine would be like treacle! :(

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » August 31st, 2014, 10:06 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

I rely on my phone too much, and I bet my luck that if I tried installing anything custom like what you said, my phone would be bricked, and my daily routine would be like treacle! :(

Ahh, mine was fine. However, after my camping trip it got a bit wet and broke so I'm now using a brick, that slides. :p

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 31st, 2014, 10:09 pm

bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Ahh, mine was fine. However, after my camping trip it got a bit wet and broke so I'm now using a brick, that slides. :p
My last phone, it's screen got shattered after it accidentally fell out of the window. :cry:

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » August 31st, 2014, 10:19 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

My last phone, it's screen got shattered after it accidentally fell out of the window. :cry:

Oh dear, I'm going to get one in a month or two when I'm at uni and have money. :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 31st, 2014, 10:19 pm

On contract, or the full price up front for the phone?

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » August 31st, 2014, 10:23 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:On contract, or the full price up front for the phone?

Not sure, I really want either the nexus 5 or it's replacement, but it depends on what deals I can get as my current sim only is really good. :p

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 31st, 2014, 10:24 pm

bekbok wrote:

Not sure, I really want either the nexus 5 or it's replacement, but it depends on what deals I can get as my current sim only is really good. :p

Wouldn't you ever consider 4G? :confused:

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » August 31st, 2014, 10:28 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:

Nexus 5 is 4g and as I'm on 3, I get 4G for no extra cost, if I had a 4G phone now, I could use it. :D

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 31st, 2014, 10:33 pm

bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:

Nexus 5 is 4g and as I'm on 3, I get 4G for no extra cost, if I had a 4G phone now, I could use it. :D
Cool! :cool:

Who are you with for your 4G?

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » August 31st, 2014, 11:14 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:

Three, was on them before they had 4G, but they'll do it for no extra cost which is good. They give me a better deal now than I can see on their website which is why I'm tempted to stick with it.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 31st, 2014, 11:17 pm

bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:

Three, was on them before they had 4G, but they'll do it for no extra cost which is good. They give me a better deal now than I can see on their website which is why I'm tempted to stick with it.
That sounds fantastic! :D

I can't wait for the operators in this country to discontinue 2G so that that only 3G and 4G are available. (It's what happened in Japan).

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » August 31st, 2014, 11:22 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:

That sounds fantastic! :D

I can't wait for the operators in this country to discontinue 2G so that that only 3G and 4G are available. (It's what happened in Japan).

It is, unlimited internet and I can wifi hotspot and tether, when I was at school I used about 10GB a month on my phone. :D

Yeah, is a good idea, three never had 2G though, so they are only 3G and 4G so, even on 3G I could get internet fast enough to stream films on my laptop. :p

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » August 31st, 2014, 11:25 pm

I once went over my limit by 2.7 GB! :D

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » August 31st, 2014, 11:30 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:I once went over my limit by 2.7 GB! :D

I don't have one which is nice, one used over 20GB in a month (was having problems trying to watch game of thrones) and they were fine with it. :D
But that sounds expensive. :mad:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » September 1st, 2014, 12:02 am

bekbok wrote:

I don't have one which is nice, one used over 20GB in a month (was having problems trying to watch game of thrones) and they were fine with it. :D

Well, I no longer have a limit on mine either. :cool:

bekbok
Super party animal

Postby bekbok » September 1st, 2014, 12:06 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
bekbok wrote:

Well, I no longer have a limit on mine either. :cool:

That's good, limits are horrible, I once had a 500MB data limit, which was really hard to stick to and I know, if I had my proper phone back (which was what I had at the time, did 2 years with that), I would never manage it. :p

Return to “Linux”