Capital, Connect, Demon, Kiss....

Discuss your favourite tunes and radio stations here. :)
spotify95
A jungle man

Capital, Connect, Demon, Kiss....

Postby spotify95 » April 13th, 2014, 12:47 pm

...which station out of the lot do you think is the best?

The main stations I listen to are Capital 105.4; Connect FM 97.2; Demon FM 107.5; and Kiss FM 106.4/107.7/105.6.

Which station do you think is the best? Also, are there any other stations that are good?

Discuss your radio stations here! :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Capital, Connect, Demon, Kiss....

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 13th, 2014, 1:51 pm

Neither of them. :yawn:

However, where I live, we have a regional radio station called Linc's FM, and it is superb, and they never play any songs in the wrong sort of way. :cool:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 13th, 2014, 4:15 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:Neither of them. :yawn:

However, where I live, we have a regional radio station called Linc's FM, and it is superb, and they never play any songs in the wrong sort of way. :cool:

Is that Lincs FM 102.2?

I've heard of that station before - when we go to the seaside (Hunstanton) a lot of the shops have that playing as it is very close to being in Lincolnshire. (despite it being in Norfolk!)

Would I personally listen to it? Probably not, though I'd rather have that than Heart.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 13th, 2014, 5:21 pm

spotify95 wrote:

Is that Lincs FM 102.2?

I've heard of that station before - when we go to the seaside (Hunstanton) a lot of the shops have that playing as it is very close to being in Lincolnshire. (despite it being in Norfolk!)

Would I personally listen to it? Probably not, though I'd rather have that than Heart.
Yes, it is 102.2. ;)

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 13th, 2014, 8:17 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Is that Lincs FM 102.2?

Yes, it is 102.2. ;)

Thought so - once, I actually received a bit of signal on 102.2 Lincs FM on my main tuner downstairs - on a T-type wire aerial - in Northamptonshire! :eek: :D

Sometimes even Capital Leicestershire struggles to come in properly :( and Kiss is nonexistent.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 13th, 2014, 9:12 pm

Exactly the same Lincs FM is also available on 97.6 and is sometimes actually easier to get on that frequency. :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » April 13th, 2014, 9:39 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:Exactly the same Lincs FM is also available on 97.6 and is sometimes actually easier to get on that frequency. :)

I'd never get 97.6 on my area, well certainly not Lincs FM. That is because Heart Dunstable (on 97.6) comes swamping in.

Yes, before you ask, its another Heart frequency. You're lucky you dont have to put up with Heart!

Just had a look on the maps, and Lincs FM 97.6 seems to be a small relay transmitter, in Scunthorpe. See here: http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/trent-view-flats.php

I also found there is a Grantham relay also, for Lincs FM, on 96.7. Seems surprising as it is right on the edge of coverage. But neither of us will receive that, as the coverage for that frequency is very small, and it would be co-channel with Heart Northants on 96.6. Heart Northants swamps in!

For your info, the main 102.2 frequency comes from Belmont, which is also the main TV transmitter up your end of the world.

Edit: If you look at the images of the transmitter, you'll see there are also some mobile panels on those flats - including the G4 ones from EE. According to EE's website, the signal on all types (inc. 3G, 4G) is good "indoor and outdoor". Not a surprise when there's a mast on the building!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » April 13th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Thanks for the information, and you might be interested to know that high rise tower is now a blue and white striped colour. :)

Return to “Music and radio”