Demon FM Playlist Logs

Discuss your favourite tunes and radio stations here. :)
spotify95
A jungle man

Demon FM Playlist Logs

Postby spotify95 » October 25th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Well, after all that time, I have finally managed to compile my Demon FM Playlist Logs for you to have a look at!

It's take a lot of time... and effort... not just compiling the list, but listening to the station in the first place!

Anyhoo, enough of the waffling on, here's the list. It is from 5/14/14 to 7/11/14, so just under 2 months of playlist. I may have a bit more to add when I sort through all of my papers etc!

Note that, despite the sample time was less than 2 months, quite a lot of repetition was noticed... Certainly not a lot of music variety! (If anyone wants to work out the ratio of unique plays to total plays, to get a music variety percentage, be my guest :))

If you look in the Demon FM thread here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=65#p2238 you'll see the original playlist log that I made (the first week anyway).

Also please note:
If it says "Unknown", "Misc", "Unknown Song" etc then I have no records on my notepad of what the song, or artist, actually was. (Why I didn't write even a hint down, I do not know - if anyone can help me work out what song actually played, it'd be appreciated & I'll update the table.)
If it says "Track Error", "Artist Error" or any other error then there must have been an error in the playout system or track identification that prevented me from logging the track/artist info.

Let me know what you think of the list, and the variety - or lack of variety - that the station had back in 2014. (It hadn't got any better when I last listened to it a few months ago!)

@pinkteddyx64 @coleslaw @Mr T 999 @kyx
Attachments
Demon FM Playlist Logs.xlsx
(55.84 KiB) Downloaded 544 times

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Demon FM Playlist Logs

Postby spotify95 » May 12th, 2017, 1:38 pm

Since I made this first post, I have managed to fully complete the Demon FM Playlist Logs. Most of it is from the 2013-2014 playlist, but there are some patches from the 2014-2015 playlist and even the 2015-2016 playlist - but by then, the music had become mediocre, so I started listening to Capital FM and KISS FM UK instead.

It should be noted that the repetition noticed previously... was still present when I made my last logs, and the repetition was one of the main reasons for not bothering to listen to Demon FM anymore.

I think I should have applied to become the Head Of Music at Demon FM during the time I was listening, as I would have made the playout system a lot better with the quality of music and reducing the number of repeats continuously aired. I mean, there was once whereby the same song was aired about 4 times in one hour... (though this might have been due to an error in the playout system).

As before, please let me know what you think of the music played, and the (lack of) music variety that was aired throughout 3 years (or so) of listening.

NOTE: Date format on the Excel spreadsheet was defaulted to MM/DD/YY and anything that I couldn't note down, for whatever reason, was either left blank (if I didn't know what it was) or marked as an error if there was a playout error that prevented me from taking the details of what played. If anyone can work out what any of the missing songs are, please let me know and I'll get them added in.

@pinkteddyx64 @coleslaw @S2M @Mr T 999 @kyx @Zak
Attachments
Demon FM Playlist Logs.xlsx
(60.86 KiB) Downloaded 555 times

JessPlaysGames

Postby JessPlaysGames » May 12th, 2017, 2:23 pm

i only listen to capital FM and KISS FM :(

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 12th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Kyx wrote:i only listen to capital FM and KISS FM :(

Likewise! I too, now listen to just Capital and KISS, wherever possible, as they seem to play the best music.

A few years ago, when I first found out about Demon FM, I did give them a listen, but in the end I switched back to Capital/Kiss, mostly because of poor music selection and repetitive playlists. I mean, just have a look at the excel sheet I attached, and see what you think to the songs that played! :p

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » May 12th, 2017, 7:00 pm

princechromey wrote:

Likewise! I too, now listen to just Capital and KISS, wherever possible, as they seem to play the best music.

A few years ago, when I first found out about Demon FM, I did give them a listen, but in the end I switched back to Capital/Kiss, mostly because of poor music selection and repetitive playlists. I mean, just have a look at the excel sheet I attached, and see what you think to the songs that played! :p

It was your frustration with Demon FM that inspired me to start the can I throw bricks thing, remember? :rofl:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » May 12th, 2017, 7:06 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

It was your frustration with Demon FM that inspired me to start the can I throw bricks thing, remember? :rofl:

It could have quite possibly been! That, and their awfully repetitive playlist... :p

Have you seen the updated playlist, with the repeated songs? I think there was once where you could tell what time it was because of the song that played, and it wasn't a good song either. (Anyone care to remind me what the song was?)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » May 12th, 2017, 7:09 pm

princechromey wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
princechromey wrote:

It could have quite possibly been! That, and their awfully repetitive playlist... :p

Have you seen the updated playlist, with the repeated songs? I think there was once where you could tell what time it was because of the song that played, and it wasn't a good song either. (Anyone care to remind me what the song was?)

:nah:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » September 28th, 2017, 5:15 pm

Okay, I'm giving this another go. I haven't listened to Demon FM for quite a while, so I shall be giving this another go.

The aim is simple: listen to Demon FM at various points and record what is playing at each day/time on a log. Thankfully, since the new Tunein website shows track information quite nicely, there's no need for any Shazam'ing (or similar) - as I can just write down the info as and when the songs play.
Music seems different to what they used to play, so there's a good start. It seems like each years' playlist is different, which is good to avoid repetition - whatever happens, it should be better than the 2013/2014 era!

Stay tuned whilst I populate another list.... and I'll post the results in a couple of weeks (or so) time!

lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » January 14th, 2018, 2:02 am

spotify95 wrote:Okay, I'm giving this another go. I haven't listened to Demon FM for quite a while, so I shall be giving this another go.

The aim is simple: listen to Demon FM at various points and record what is playing at each day/time on a log. Thankfully, since the new Tunein website shows track information quite nicely, there's no need for any Shazam'ing (or similar) - as I can just write down the info as and when the songs play.
Music seems different to what they used to play, so there's a good start. It seems like each years' playlist is different, which is good to avoid repetition - whatever happens, it should be better than the 2013/2014 era!

Stay tuned whilst I populate another list.... and I'll post the results in a couple of weeks (or so) time!

How's this coming along?

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 14th, 2018, 11:36 am

coleslaw wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Okay, I'm giving this another go. I haven't listened to Demon FM for quite a while, so I shall be giving this another go.

How's this coming along?

Not good, because I've been listening to Capital FM instead of Demon FM!

I might pick this up again and see how things go, just to see if they have improved from the 2013-2015 era. I uploaded a spreadsheet with all of the songs played from when I listened to it a few years ago, and if you've looked at it, you'll tell what the music variety is like...

Return to “Music and radio”