Listen to Capital? Win with Capital's Cash Call! :)

Discuss your favourite tunes and radio stations here. :)
spotify95
A jungle man

Listen to Capital? Win with Capital's Cash Call! :)

Postby spotify95 » October 10th, 2016, 11:40 pm

"Capital, give me the cash!"

This could be the phrase that wins you money on Capital FM, if you listen during certain hours of the day and enter "Capital's Cash Call".

How it works is relatively straightforward. On weekdays, they do this competition 3 times a day, at 11am, 2pm and 8pm. It is also run at various times on the weekend.

When the "Capital Cash Call" competition is started, the presenter will announce the "Cash Track". This is the song/artist that you need to listen out for.
Every song played between the start of the competition (usually at the top of the hour) and the Cash Track (including the Cash Track) is worth £100.
So, for example, if the Cash Track is the 5th song played, then £500 is the competition amount.

When the Cash Track plays, text the word CASH to 83958. You'll have the duration of the Cash Track to enter. (Texts cost £1, plus 1 standard rate message.)

Once the text lines have closed, one person will be selected at random and called back. You'll have to identify how many songs played between the start of the competition and the Cash Track (and possibly what the Cash Track was) - and then give the "phrase that pays", which is:

Capital, Give Me The Cash!

(In case you hadn't twigged from the first line of the post.)
Do that successfully and you'll win :)

Note: This has been going through the summer and I have listened, and entered, many a time. The competition is still going now - keep listening to Capital! :)

Link to competition on Capital's website: http://www.capitalfm.com/win/capitals-cash-call/ and T&C's: http://www.capitalfm.com/terms-conditio ... onditions/

spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Listen to Capital? Win with Capital's Cash Call! :)

Postby spotify95 » October 14th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Cash Call on in 35 minutes (3pm). Start listening to Capital :)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » December 6th, 2016, 3:41 pm

And... someone's getting £1000 this afternoon, thanks to Capital's Christmas Cash Call! :)

Even better, is that the Cash Track was Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?.

Which reminds me, someone needs to post that thread on the Virgin Media Community!

@pinkteddyx64

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » December 6th, 2016, 10:55 pm

princechromey wrote:And... someone's getting £1000 this afternoon, thanks to Capital's Christmas Cash Call! :)

Even better, is that the Cash Track was Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?.

Which reminds me, someone needs to post that thread on the Virgin Media Community!

@pinkteddyx64

If I post it and he bins it, can I bin him for it? :rofl:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 11th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Guess what! The cash call is back!

Competition rules are the same as in the OP. But don't dilly dally, and get listening, as the competition is up to £1000 already and will get higher... So listen out!!

Zak
The king of the jungle

Postby Zak » January 11th, 2017, 3:57 pm

princechromey wrote:Guess what! The cash call is back!

Competition rules are the same as in the OP. But don't dilly dally, and get listening, as the competition is up to £1000 already and will get higher... So listen out!!

Am listening out! but is this the same Capital FM station in my area as you'd be hearing. I guess if it's a networked show should be so. Does the cash call happen at the top of the hour? @princechromey

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 11th, 2017, 6:07 pm

Zak wrote:
princechromey wrote:Guess what! The cash call is back!

Am listening out! but is this the same Capital FM station in my area as you'd be hearing. I guess if it's a networked show should be so. Does the cash call happen at the top of the hour? @princechromey

The competition is happening across the networked shows, not the local ones, so yes it will be the same across all Capital FM stations across the UK.

It starts at the top of the hour when they announce a song or artist to listen for, and keeps going until that song/artist is played.
When I was listening for the last 2 days, it was at 3pm, but I believe they also do a morning one as well. I'll have a listen tomorrow to see when the times are. But it will be between 10am and 4pm.

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 31st, 2017, 9:59 pm

So just to confirm, the Cash Call is still on & usually takes place at 11am and again at 3pm.

The way the competition works is the same as outlined in the OP.
(Listen out for the Cash Track, mentioned at the start of the competition, text in when you hear it, if you're phoned back then you have to give them the "phrase that pays".)

Return to “Music and radio”