Radio reception on trains

Discuss your favourite tunes and radio stations here. :)
spotify95
A jungle man

Re: Radio reception on trains

Postby spotify95 » February 6th, 2016, 3:55 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Yikes!

The video is unavailable at the moment because some daft sod has put a copyright claim on my video. Guess who? :rolleyes:

I've sent in a dispute, citing "fair use" as the reason. If that doesn't do it, I'll either have to use a different site (know of any good video uploading hosts?), or (as a last resort) redo the whole test again.

Who thinks I should have to redo the whole test again? :mad:

Sue her. :yep:

Well I've already done the "fair use" complaint, only time will tell as to whether she gets back or not.

If she doesn't get back to me within 30 days, the claim gets dropped and my audio is returned.
If she gets back within 30 days, she can:
1) Drop the claim (i.e. agree that it is fair use) - I get my audio back
2) Uphold the claim - in which case I still won't have my audio, and I'll have to take things further
3) Remove the video - and I get a free copyright strike :(

Any suggestions?

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 6th, 2016, 5:04 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:Yikes!

The video is unavailable at the moment because some daft sod has put a copyright claim on my video. Guess who? :rolleyes:

I've sent in a dispute, citing "fair use" as the reason. If that doesn't do it, I'll either have to use a different site (know of any good video uploading hosts?), or (as a last resort) redo the whole test again.

Who thinks I should have to redo the whole test again? :mad:

Sue her. :yep:

Well I've already done the "fair use" complaint, only time will tell as to whether she gets back or not.

If she doesn't get back to me within 30 days, the claim gets dropped and my audio is returned.
If she gets back within 30 days, she can:
1) Drop the claim (i.e. agree that it is fair use) - I get my audio back
2) Uphold the claim - in which case I still won't have my audio, and I'll have to take things further
3) Remove the video - and I get a free copyright strike :(

Any suggestions?

Leave a message on her twitter page about it? ;)

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » February 20th, 2016, 3:13 pm

Update:

The video for the British Rail Class 43 test is live! :)

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijCu525QSZ8

Note that this is much better than the reception that I received on a Class 222 train!

Let me know what you think! :)

P.S. Apologies about the video quality (360p), I will try and get it to 1080p HD but it depends on what this Acer Aspire is going to allow me to do. It has a habit of cooking itself every few minutes if I set it to HD, but I'll see what I can do.

edit: It's now 480p - that'll do. I'm not redoing it in 1080p becasue of the havoc that it causes - it's saved on the Acer Aspire and that cooks itself the moment you do anything intensive on it.

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 20th, 2016, 3:19 pm

Not bad at all. :H

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » February 21st, 2016, 11:15 pm

Update: I have put both of the links (for Class 43 and Class 222) into the OP, so you can make a direct comparison between the different types of train.

Note that the video quality for the Class 43 test is NOT HD - there's not much I can do about it though, because the Acer Aspire 5742 (which was the laptop used to edit the video) likes to cook itself quite nicely. 480p will be good enough.

@coleslaw @pinkteddyx64

lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » February 26th, 2016, 2:49 pm

Some bits of both the journeys are alright, the 222 one is definitely worse though. It doesnt really matter if it's HD or not because it's the audio that matters haha

Also I love Keane :D

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » February 26th, 2016, 3:46 pm

coleslaw wrote:Some bits of both the journeys are alright, the 222 one is definitely worse though. It doesnt really matter if it's HD or not because it's the audio that matters haha

You're so correct there! The 222 showed an inferior reception pretty much all the time; for example, even when the Class 222 train did allow me to pick up a good FM signal, it was on a totally different station (usually a much higher powered one) to the Class 43. Also the 222 train barely allowed me to pick up 107.4 Connect FM, and 97.2 Connect FM wasn't great either - however, on the Class 43 I managed to hold onto one or other of the Connect FM's from Wellingborough all the way to near Market Harborough - then 102.3 Harborough FM kicked in, and stayed with me for quite a long time.
On the 222, I had to use Gem 106, Heart and even Radio Northampton - these are stations which I would not normally tune in to, and on the Class 43, were definitely not needed as reception of Connect, HFM, Capital or Demon was sufficient! (And where Demon FM reception was poor, on the outskirts of Leicester, Capital would have certainly been strong enough.)

Usually, I do try and upload to Youtube using the best possible video quality (don't think audio quality is affected by video quality, correct me if I'm wrong) but the Acer Aspire 5742 doesn't let me do much that is CPU intensive, before it cooks. And the audio is still there ;)

Btw, were you referring to the "Somewhere Only We Know" song (by Keane), that was part of the Class 222 test? I have that on MP3, plus a few other Keane songs (from NOW CDs), so let me know if you need them and I can email them across :)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » February 27th, 2016, 12:48 am

spotify95 wrote:
coleslaw wrote:Some bits of both the journeys are alright, the 222 one is definitely worse though. It doesnt really matter if it's HD or not because it's the audio that matters haha

You're so correct there! The 222 showed an inferior reception pretty much all the time; for example, even when the Class 222 train did allow me to pick up a good FM signal, it was on a totally different station (usually a much higher powered one) to the Class 43. Also the 222 train barely allowed me to pick up 107.4 Connect FM, and 97.2 Connect FM wasn't great either - however, on the Class 43 I managed to hold onto one or other of the Connect FM's from Wellingborough all the way to near Market Harborough - then 102.3 Harborough FM kicked in, and stayed with me for quite a long time.
On the 222, I had to use Gem 106, Heart and even Radio Northampton - these are stations which I would not normally tune in to, and on the Class 43, were definitely not needed as reception of Connect, HFM, Capital or Demon was sufficient! (And where Demon FM reception was poor, on the outskirts of Leicester, Capital would have certainly been strong enough.)

Usually, I do try and upload to Youtube using the best possible video quality (don't think audio quality is affected by video quality, correct me if I'm wrong) but the Acer Aspire 5742 doesn't let me do much that is CPU intensive, before it cooks. And the audio is still there ;)

Btw, were you referring to the "Somewhere Only We Know" song (by Keane), that was part of the Class 222 test? I have that on MP3, plus a few other Keane songs (from NOW CDs), so let me know if you need them and I can email them across :)

OMG, I love the Turn Off The Lights song at the start, hearing it brings back memories of when I used to watch The Box music video channel back in the summer of 2001 and the music video for that song was one of the most played ones during that part of 2001. :moon: :D

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » March 2nd, 2016, 9:59 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

OMG, I love the Turn Off The Lights song at the start, hearing it brings back memories of when I used to watch The Box music video channel back in the summer of 2001 and the music video for that song was one of the most played ones during that part of 2001. :moon: :D

I don't know whether I have that song anywhere on my library or not, but if I do, I'll send you it via email - if you would like that.

Btw, we have a loser! Taylor Swift has just got back to me and upheld her claim... so the video is BLOCKED WORLDWIDE. Yep, you heard it - the video hasn't just been muted, it's been totally blocked.

Since Vimeo only allows uploads of about half a meg (there's no way that 30+ minutes of radio testing in HD format is going to go under half a meg), the only thing that I can do is redo the whole test (dammit!) and just pray that Taylor Swift doesn't reappear in that video.

All I can say is... FUCK YOU, TAYLOR SWIFT! :mad:

Return to “Music and radio”