Heart FM - They're still at it!

Discuss your favourite tunes and radio stations here. :)
spotify95
A jungle man

Heart FM - They're still at it!

Postby spotify95 » January 14th, 2016, 6:29 pm

Well, what do you say?

Heart FM are STILL cutting songs ridiculously short (certainly much earlier than they're supposed to be faded out).

I just did a quick test on my portable Philips AE6775 receiver, which I use when commuting to university (certainly around Leicester, anyway). The test was to see if I could use my Olympus voice recorder to record the output of the radio, whilst also listening to the resulting audio through the headphone socket of the recorder.

Anyway, the test worked, so I will now be able to perform a couple of tests as to how portable radios perform on the train. If you choose a Class 43 train, you're going to be ok. If you choose a Class 222 train, you have to sit by the doors - the main carriages block any type of signal quite nicely. Hence, 3G/4G doesn't work in a Class 222 train either!

So expect a couple of videos about those tests.

But anyways, back to the main issue, Heart FM totally crashed the vocals in a Robbie Williams song. I will upload the segue when I can - but it wasn't good!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Heart FM - They're still at it!

Postby pinkteddyx64 » January 14th, 2016, 6:51 pm

What do I say? :hmmmm:

Throw bricks at their studios is what I say! :yep:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 14th, 2016, 9:00 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:What do I say? :hmmmm:

What do I say?

Here you go, have a listen to this segue and see what you think to it: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/s663d1m ... ams%21.mp3

I see Heart have not improved since the time I last posted about segues!

Btw, if anyone on here wants to post that on the Heart thread on the Digital Forums, feel free to! (And I'll give you some juicy rep on here in return. ;))

lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » January 17th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Never heard of Heart FM lol. Here we have Capital FM and i've noticed the songs are always short as well. They always put stupid voiceovers on it as well like "yep this is a banging track" so i never listen to the radio. Gem 106 is alright and i dont mind Radio 1

lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » January 17th, 2016, 2:38 pm

spotify95 wrote:

What do I say?

Here you go, have a listen to this segue and see what you think to it: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/s663d1m ... ams%21.mp3

Btw, if anyone on here wants to post that on the Heart thread on the Digital Forums, feel free to! (And I'll give you some juicy rep on here in return. ;))

Lmao it was like they were just like "alright robbie you've had enough time now shut up" *weird sound effect* "THIS IS HEART"

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » January 17th, 2016, 2:39 pm

coleslaw wrote:Never heard of Heart FM lol. Here we have Capital FM and i've noticed the songs are always short as well. They always put stupid voiceovers on it as well like "yep this is a banging track" so i never listen to the radio. Gem 106 is alright and i dont mind Radio 1

Why not throw bricks at the Capital FM studios for that? :H

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » January 17th, 2016, 3:01 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
coleslaw wrote:Never heard of Heart FM lol. Here we have Capital FM and i've noticed the songs are always short as well. They always put stupid voiceovers on it as well like "yep this is a banging track" so i never listen to the radio. Gem 106 is alright and i dont mind Radio 1

Actually I have another genuine reason for throwing bricks at Capital FM! The Capital FM arena is in my city, nottingham, and when we had our AS level exams last year we had our exams taking place at random places in nottingham. You could be doing an exam in a hotel at 9am then be doing an exam in a church at 1pm! For my Further Maths exam i went to the hotel expecting it to be there and when I got there they told me it had been changed to the Capital FM arena! I had 5 mins to run all the way down to the arena and when I got there I was 2 minutes late so I got a penalty on my exam which made me get lower grade :mad:

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » January 17th, 2016, 3:16 pm

coleslaw wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:

Actually I have another genuine reason for throwing bricks at Capital FM! The Capital FM arena is in my city, nottingham, and when we had our AS level exams last year we had our exams taking place at random places in nottingham. You could be doing an exam in a hotel at 9am then be doing an exam in a church at 1pm! For my Further Maths exam i went to the hotel expecting it to be there and when I got there they told me it had been changed to the Capital FM arena! I had 5 mins to run all the way down to the arena and when I got there I was 2 minutes late so I got a penalty on my exam which made me get lower grade :mad:

Fire away with the bricks in that case! :thumbsup:

Alternatively, if the arena has a fire sprinkler system, trigger the fire sprinkler heads and flood the place out! :rofl:

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 17th, 2016, 4:14 pm

coleslaw wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

What do I say?

Lmao it was like they were just like "alright robbie you've had enough time now shut up" *weird sound effect* "THIS IS HEART"

They should have either played it to full length, or not bothered playing it at all! :banghead:

This was the main reason why I stopped listening to Heart, and switched to the likes of Capital instead. (Yes, some Capital songs are a bit short, but they don't chop the song off at a silly point in the song - and they play much more modern music than Heart do.)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 17th, 2016, 4:16 pm

Gem 106 is alright, I suppose. A bit more adventurous than heart (in terms of music choice) but I still don't rate them that well. They have quite a lot of old songs on their playlist, and they are quite repetitive (though not as repetitive as Heart).

Who needs Gem 106 when you've got Capital as an alternative? ;)

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » January 17th, 2016, 4:20 pm

spotify95 wrote:

Gem 106 is alright, I suppose. A bit more adventurous than heart (in terms of music choice) but I still don't rate them that well. They have quite a lot of old songs on their playlist, and they are quite repetitive (though not as repetitive as Heart).

Where's your nearest building merchants so that you can buy some bricks to throw at radio station studios may I ask? ;)

spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » January 17th, 2016, 6:08 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

Where's your nearest building merchants so that you can buy some bricks to throw at radio station studios may I ask? ;)

God knows, but I'd take out Heart FM first, followed by Gem 106, Lincs FM or Kiss!

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » January 17th, 2016, 6:11 pm

spotify95 wrote:
pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

God knows, but I'd take out Heart FM first, followed by Gem 106, Lincs FM or Kiss!
Then guess who's doorstep the repair bill for the damage caused is going to land on? :rofl:

lucozadesp0rt
TBAAJ Volunteer Team

Postby lucozadesp0rt » January 18th, 2016, 11:26 pm

spotify95 wrote:

I like listening to the older songs thought :D Capital seems to me to just play the same top 40 song about 2930120378 times in a day

Return to “Music and radio”