Heart Attack On A Plate

What's cookin tonight?
spotify95
A jungle man

Heart Attack On A Plate

Postby spotify95 » November 13th, 2014, 6:16 pm

The Hungry Horse chain of restaurants have added a burger onto their menu that contains almost a day's worth of calories, and 2.5 days worth of saturates!

See here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30000934

"Family friendly" pub chain Hungry Horse has been criticised for creating a burger containing nearly 100% of a woman's recommended daily calorie intake at 1,996 calories.

The Double Donut burger consists of two beef burgers topped with cheese, four bacon rashers and BBQ sauce, sandwiched between two glazed ring-doughnuts.

Critics called it irresponsible, dubbing it "a heart attack on a plate".

How do these food chains even get away with serving food as unhealthy as this? What are your views on this?
Discuss....

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Re: Heart Attack On A Plate

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 13th, 2014, 8:24 pm

I think that:

1. Everyone should boycott buying this meal.

2. If I was the Prime Minister, I would ban that particular meal from being sold in ANY chain restaurant.

3. Digital Spy and House Of Fraser, DS Forum Support, stupidwheelie, smeggypants, crumbs/Unfortunately and TSR should be sued for it.

4. The likes of the Japanese, (or most other countries that mainly believe in healthy eating) would vomit at the mere sight of that meal! :eek:

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 13th, 2014, 10:19 pm

pinkteddyx64 wrote:I think that:

2. If I was the Prime Minister, I would ban that particular meal from being sold in ANY chain restaurant.

3. Digital Spy and House Of Fraser, DS Forum Support, stupidwheelie, smeggypants, crumbs/Unfortunately and TSR should be sued for it.

4. The likes of the Japanese, (or most other countries that mainly believe in healthy eating) would vomit at the mere sight of that meal! :eek:

Here's a link to the DM article, highlighting all of the nutritional values of that burger:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/ ... d-fat.html

As tasty as it looks, I doubt I'd be able to justify putting over 250% of my GDA of saturates into my body at once; not unless I managed to burn off the extra calories/fat etc by running from Leicester to Wellingborough train station non-stop! (rather than getting the train back)

Would I ban the meal? If they didn't make it healthier somehow, yes. Things like this will just add to the growing problems that Great Britain has, wrt obesity. (which can also lead to diabetes, heart failure etc)

Yes, those companies should be sued, as well as whoever actually allowed for that meal to be sold in the first place. Who knows, if the NHS has to deal with more surgeries (i.e. gastric bypasses) to cope with more people becoming overweight/obese, and the people who ate the meal had to pay for the surgery, then maybe the people concerned should sue Hungry Horse?

I don't know about other countries' beliefs though, as I'm not into propaganda stuff...

pinkteddyx64
The king of the jungle

Postby pinkteddyx64 » November 13th, 2014, 10:23 pm

spotify95 wrote:

Here's a link to the DM article, highlighting all of the nutritional values of that burger:

As tasty as it looks, I doubt I'd be able to justify putting over 250% of my GDA of saturates into my body at once; not unless I managed to burn off the extra calories/fat etc by running from Leicester to Wellingborough train station non-stop! (rather than getting the train back)

Would I ban the meal? If they didn't make it healthier somehow, yes. Things like this will just add to the growing problems that Great Britain has, wrt obesity. (which can also lead to diabetes, heart failure etc)

Yes, those companies should be sued, as well as whoever actually allowed for that meal to be sold in the first place. Who knows, if the NHS has to deal with more surgeries (i.e. gastric bypasses) to cope with more people becoming overweight/obese, and the people who ate the meal had to pay for the surgery, then maybe the people concerned should sue Hungry Horse?

I don't know about other countries' beliefs though, as I'm not into propaganda stuff...
This propaganda accusation is not constructive, and therefore your posting privileges have been permanently revoked! :nono:

(Just kidding! :hugs: :D ;) :cool: ).

But seriously though, which would you rather eat, the said meal or a Japanese meal such as sushi?

Imageeriously, life's too short to be worried about retards on an internet forum. :eek2: :eek3:
spotify95
A jungle man

Postby spotify95 » November 15th, 2014, 11:29 am

pinkteddyx64 wrote:
spotify95 wrote:

This propaganda accusation is not constructive, and therefore your posting privileges have been permanently revoked! :nono:

(Just kidding! :hugs: :D ;) :cool: ).

But seriously though, which would you rather eat, the said meal or a Japanese meal such as sushi?

I've seen worse propaganda posted on other forums. ;)

I wouldn't want to eat sushi. If I had the choice, I'd eat this burger, but then not eat anything else for at least 2 days!

unturned_cake
The jungle girl

Postby unturned_cake » November 25th, 2019, 4:46 am

Here goes my guesses...

- more demand for taste and less awareness on calorie intake of general public?

With introduction of plant based meat all becomes healthier enuf imo
https://www.zmescience.com/science/how- ... nsumption/

Return to “Food & Drink”